It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to tell non-smokers to butt out about your smoking...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think I've got a bit more coolosity than you, RANT.
I mean, you're like, totally cool and all,
but do you sign autographs?
I'm so cool that I smoke and sign autographs. And I do them at the same time whenever I can!

Now that's cool right there.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

I'm so cool that I sign autographs.

I have signed an autograph or two in my life too....but I no longer smoke...am I still cool!? LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You used to be cool, LadyV. But, alas, you gave up your coolness. But, I think I'm cooler than everyone. I smoke my fag, drive, talk on the cell, and drink a beverage, all while driving a stick shift. Now that's coolness.

*basks in the glow of my coolness*

Not everyone can be as cool as me...

regs

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I am a bit disappointed now....there are a couple of people in this thread that I had always thought of as well informed and intelligent, I liked to read their posts....anyone can get caught up in bad habits, but to actually think it's "cool" is disappointing to me......it's kind of a let down when you find out like you've been duped or something
::::sigh:::::shk:

I totally agree. Yeah, smoking is cool. Smelling like tobacco is awesome. The hacking persistent cough is very attractive. The medical costs are nothing, either.The discomfort and health ills caused by one smoking around those who chose not to is nothing either. Support big tobacco, go buy a pack of cigs(or fags) today- and then smoke one and take another 5 minutes off your life.
I'm surprised this thread was not trashed long ago. And Rant, I never said smoking was cool. Nor did I edit my post to hide what I was tempted to say. Like you, LadyV, I have been let down.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
I think I've got a bit more coolosity than you, RANT.
I mean, you're like, totally cool and all,
but do you sign autographs?
I'm so cool that I smoke and sign autographs. And I do them at the same time whenever I can!

That is COOOL! Man, I LOVE busy smoke face. Smoking and writing, smoking and typing, smoking and roofing! My favorite is lighting up while helping people move. Like just before grabbing my end of a really heavy couch and heading up four flights of stairs. People love that. It's really cool.

And regs you are definitely basking there in some smoking cool glow.

LadyV
I'm sorry. I'm just sorry. You're cool and all
but not like you were when you smoked.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
I totally agree. Yeah, smoking is cool. Smelling like tobacco is awesome. The hacking persistent cough is very attractive. The medical costs are nothing, either.The discomfort and health ills caused by one smoking around those who chose not to is nothing either. Support big tobacco, go buy a pack of cigs(or fags) today- and then smoke one and take another 5 minutes off your life.
I'm surprised this thread was not trashed long ago. And Rant, I never said smoking was cool. Nor did I edit my post to hide what I was tempted to say. Like you, LadyV, I have been let down.

You're right Journey. Smoking is cool.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

TextYou're right Journey. Smoking is cool.

yeah,nice one journey...have a fag!.....be cool

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I smoke Kools does that add to my coolness

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
RANT, thanks for clearing this up for me, it's something I've been wondering about for years. About 13 years ago my wife was in an accident, not too serious. I was outside of Emerg, I mean outdoors, smoking and this intern came out and told me to walk X many steps away from the entrance. I guess I was somewhat stressed and just looked at him and he went back inside very quickly. I attributed this to possible nastiness on my face but alas, he was just overcome by my coolness.

Thanks.

I just noticed that RANT had a rant in the Rant forum.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, I'm a non-smoker but I can tell you that because of the second hand smoke I inhaled as a child I have severe breathing problems that prevent me from otherwise leading a healthy lifestyle because I'm gasping for air all the time. It's as much my choice not to smoke as it is someone's choice to smoke. So in essence you want me to give up my right not to smoke so that someone who can smoke can tarnish my lungs a little more.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I smoke cigars....about one or two a week, when I know I can finish it. It's usually on a drive or with a nice aged spirit.
So...is that like cool breeze, Rico Suave cool?

I think all the folks where Rant is from should get a pass....I mean, they like tattoo the local ACC mascot on their azzes & hand em' a carton at birth! Geez Louise folks, they grow up in the towns that the brands are named after!!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
I think all the folks where Rant is from should get a pass....I mean, they like tattoo the local ACC mascot on their azzes & hand em' a carton at birth! Geez Louise folks, they grow up in the towns that the brands are named after!!

Ah stop, it hurts.
God that really hurt.
So true.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm going to start smoking just to say that line.

Man. Before, I didn't smoke. I'm not even old enough to smoke legally (will be in about 15 days though, yay
), but I was still against it. Now I see the light. Smoking IS cool. I'll be right back, I've got a lot of smoking to do to catch up!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Non-smokers die every day. Sleep tight! I know you've employed some kind of eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke. Let me be the first to pop that bubble and send you hurtling back to reality - because you're dead too. And you know what doctors say? "****, if only you'd smoked - we'd have the technology to help you. It's you people dying from nothing who are screwed". I've got all sorts of neat **** waiting for me - oxygen tent, iron lung...it's like going to Tandy. ( thats a bill hicks line )

Ill miss you Bill Hicks

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

...yadda, yadda, bugger off.
I'm smoking here.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
As long as a smoker doesn't allow his or her pollution to enter
my breathing space ... I don't care about it. So considering
that you are hundreds of miles away, I say to you Rant -
light up and enjoy. Have a beer too.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I like to say, "Yeah, it's a nasty habit, but you know what's a nastier habit? Telling people their business."

I'm a bit of a curmudgeon.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I quit smoking for 18 months, and I gained 80 pounds and broke out with hives all over, due to withdrawals.My own mother could not recognize me..
I would rather be a non-hives, slim person than to quit..as soon as I started back, the hives dis-appeared...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Fantastic passive smoking related quote from "Black Books" Dylan Moran:

Customer (non smoker): Do you realise that I'm getting alot of second hand smoke from your cigarette?

Dylan Moran (smoker): Don't worry about it, you can buy me a drink later.

Hah!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
From the state of Ky where your habit is our economy.

Everytime you lite up you put more money in the pockets of our local millionaire "farmers" and ensure continued low wages with no benefits for thousands of illegal aliens who enjoy 7 glorious 14 hour days per week for their reward of 50 dollars and a bologna sandwich.

Keep up the good work and remember, its as cool as it gets!..at least until you hit your 60s and then the phlegm you hack up daily is not as cool but still moderatly cool..at least to the lab technicians.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by astrocreep]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join