It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Gives Nancy Pelosi a Foretaste of the Utter Hell*Snipped

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Last nite Hannity said Schiff will be sending his lawyer.

Feel free to confirm that anyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Of course you realize this is all going to lead to a new era of ugliness and harshness and general LCD garbage in politics. The old school politicians probably cannot win against a troll like Trump. So they will be replaced with trolls who can. And things will carry on and just get uglier and meaner and so forth. Not really my idea of an improvement.

Or the people who held them accountable by voting and Outsider will continue voting in outsiders to help DJT drain the damn swamp! Finally, we have someone WILLING TO DO IT!!

Get real if you thought that this is going to be the least bit "easy peasy". There are no easy ways to deal with this level of corruption. I am open to your ideas if you can share them?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: oloufo

Do you actually watch her talking? Ever? Did you actually watch her doing the Articles of Impeachment speech?

i do. cool woman. she is certainly a pleasant and interesting conversational partner. she has achieved a lot in her life. she thinks liberal and progressive, is mentally strong, self-confident and honest, was probably not involved in any big scandals, she serves her country.

Surely you don't believe those lies do you after all the information about her income sources and her Husband. They are caught with their hands in the cookie jar and it is all over now but the jail time and the Progressives crying.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Love your name. Really makes a statement about your opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Of course you realize this is all going to lead to a new era of ugliness and harshness and general LCD garbage in politics. The old school politicians probably cannot win against a troll like Trump. So they will be replaced with trolls who can. And things will carry on and just get uglier and meaner and so forth. Not really my idea of an improvement.

Yep and it's very likely all by design, more freedoms and rights will disappear just like they have been except this way it will be more like a runaway train.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

She can only be think'n the house is much more holy because of her.

The wrong kind of holy

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

As much as I dislike Pelosi, I have to give the old girl some credit. She resisted impeachment proceedings until she felt she had no choice, because she knew it was going to take the Democrats someplace they didn't want to go, and she was right. She should have stuck to her guns.

Even if they succeed in impeaching Trump, I suspect it will cost them dearly in the long run.

I watched a youtube video of her press conference yesterday and she is pretty committed to the impeachment. She didn't sound like someone who was pushed into this. Her speech about the founding fathers and that this isn't political is such a bare faced lie I'm surprised her Catholic God didn't strike her with a lightening bolt where she stood.

What Hypocrisy.

Which is one of the reasons I dislike her(a lot), but she resisted until change.org and others began pushing hard for impeachment. Nevertheless, I have no sympathy for her. She's now the leader of the pack.
Either that or Soros called her and said do it or I’ll destroy you ...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi whole comment on that all roads lead to Putin was kind of comical to say least

Source

Maybe all roads lead to Washington DC.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Trump should order a special counsel to investigate the funneling of US aid back to politicians, their families, friends and donors.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Jesus effin christ.. No one takes your stupid threats seriously anymore..
Bombshell incoming..igg report.. Trump Wil give dems utter hell.. D's are toast. Tick tock
BLAA BLAA BLAA BLAA
All talk no action
That's all what the orange idiot is about. Running his mouth on twitter and making empty threats.
Bring it already.. Where's that bombshell report we keep hearing about? How is he cleaning the swamp?
It's a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer it because we all know it's bs

Getting nervous eh?

It shows

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There's going to be some seriously confused people if this impeachment goes through.

First of all, the rules are set by the Senate via majority vote. The Senate is a Republican majority, so the Republicans will set the rules... within guidelines of the Constitution, as interpreted by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. That means Trump will have access to legal counsel, even if every single Senator were to say he shouldn't. It means that legal counsel will be able to call witnesses to disprove every single charge. It means Trump will have the right to confront his accuser, which will include every person mentioned in the Articles of Impeachment and/or the testimony.

Now, people are assuming that John Roberts will preside... that is not a guarantee. There is a stipulation in the law that a presiding judge cannot also be a witness. One of the witnesses in the impeachment tied the charges against Trump to the FISA investigation, and John Roberts oversees the FISC. Therefore, John Roberts may not be able to preside, which means he will have to step down as Chief Justice, probably to Associate Justice, and President Donald Trump would have to appoint another Chief Justice from the remaining Associate Justices. He could technically try to appoint someone else, but that would run afoul of the Constitutional provision that Supreme Court Justices serve as long as they wish unless impeached.

In other words, we could see a Senate trial presided over by Chief Justice John Roberts, Chief justice Clarence Thomas, or Chief Justice Brett Kavanaugh. There is no requirement nor precedent to choose based on seniority.

Now, once that issue is sorted out, there will be two groups of lawyers, one for the House and one for Trump. Trump gets to choose his lawyers, and can choose any bar-affiliated attorney. The prosecution (lawyers for the House) will begin the trial. They get to call whoever they choose, but they will not be the only ones questioning these witnesses this time. After each one testifies for the prosecution, the defense will have the right to cross-examine them. There is no time limit, and all questioning will be subject to objections by either team of lawyers. That includes objections due to hearsay, leading the witness, and so on.

Once the prosecution makes its case, a motion will likely be made to dismiss the case. In a normal court this would be decided by the presiding judge, but I suspect the Republican rules would require a Senate vote to dismiss. I actually doubt this dismissal will happen, because of the next phase: the defense.

Once the prosecution has rested its case, and if no dismissal of charges is forthcoming, the defense will get to call their witnesses. Just like the prosecution, they can call any witnesses that provide information pertaining to the Articles of Impeachment. That would include Adam Schiff, the whistleblower, any witnesses called during the impeachment, Joe and Hunter Biden, Nancy Pelosi, or anyone else deemed to have information that may be pertinent. There is no requirement to prove pertinence before the witness is called; if invoked, that would require the witness to appear to prove they had no pertinent information. Any witness which does not wish to appear can be subpoenaed, and unlike House Committee subpoenas, these are completely enforceable. That means anyone who receives a subpoena to appear has one of two choices: appear and testify, or go to jail.

Joe Biden can say he will not testify all he wants... he will either testify or sit in a cell. Same with Hunter Biden.

It has been said that the link between Trump's request for investigation and the Ukraine corruption is "debunked." That is irrelevant. It can be "debunked" as many times as one can "debunk" it; it matters not. All that matters is the defense can make a case that it might be relevant, and Joe Biden himself has already provided plenty of evidence for that in the form of a videotape. That cannot be undone.

As President, Donald Trump has every right and duty to speak with foreign officials and ask them for investigations into things inside their country which could have an adverse affect on the United States. It's literally a part of his job description. He does not have to prove that he is innocent of trying to influence the election; the prosecution must prove he is guilty of such. A reasonable suspicion of corruption that affected (or could have affected) the 2016 election process is all that he needs to disprove his guilt, and we have a two-year-plus investigation under Mueller into the exact same thing in a nearby country.

Yes, that is relevant. Yes, Mueller can be called to testify.

Also, and I had a conversation with someone about this the other night, all sitting Senators are required to be present during all trial activities. After some searching, I found information that appears to suggest that skipping a session during an impeachment trial is an automatic forfeiture of office. So that means that Senators Warren and Sanders will be required to remain in Washington DC as long as the trial is in session, or step down as Senators. There is no time limit... it will last as long as it lasts, until the last witness has been examined by both sides, and both sides have rested their case. That's going to make campaigning for President pretty difficult... their campaigns can continue of course, but they won't be there.

Biden will have to suspend his campaign activities while he testifies; he will not be required after that... unless he refuses to testify, of course, then he will be sitting in a jail cell instead of campaigning, at least until he decides to testify.

Also, all witnesses will be under oath, and their statements will be transcribed and can be used to press charges of perjury. For those who cannot be held legally liable due to their office, they can be used to press for impeachment. So if Adam Schiff tries to "paraphrase" the phone record again, he can be removed from office.

That is how the law works. Anyone reading this can disagree all they want, try to debate it all they want, but it means less than nothing. The law does not revolve around public opinion as it has been twisted to do in the impeachment hearings. Donald Trump is a legal US citizen and is therefore entitled to the exact same basic rights as everyone else in this country.

I hope the Senate does hold a full trial. It will likely be televised even on the MSM, as the initial phase will be the prosecution and I doubt they will be able to comprehend the coming defense. The people will finally get to see exactly what happened. Justice will finally be served, in the form of a public uprising against those who have lied to so many for so long. And Trump will not be removed from office in the end... that requires 67 votes for a full Senate. The Democrats, even counting the ones that call themselves Independents, only have 47. There will not be 20 out of 53 Republicans turning on Donald Trump. That's a pipe dream, and not even a very good one.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

As much as I dislike Pelosi, I have to give the old girl some credit. She resisted impeachment proceedings until she felt she had no choice, because she knew it was going to take the Democrats someplace they didn't want to go, and she was right. She should have stuck to her guns.

Even if they succeed in impeaching Trump, I suspect it will cost them dearly in the long run.

They won't impeach him. If they do, then a great many things might come out in the process that will incriminate key Democrat politicians. At least that's what the president keeps saying which knowing the Democrats I believe.

Pelosi gets no credit. She either was fervently lying about not wanting to impeach, or she's too cowardly to stick to her guns. Frankly, I think Mrs. 'Pass the bill to find out what's in the bill' wanted impeachment all along, and she wanted it bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The definition of stupid, is someone who knows better than to do something, but does it any way. I have no respect for that old wet sock call Nancy Pelosi. The 'Speaker of the House,' but she speaks like a alcoholic monkey.
edit on 8-12-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I watched a youtube video of her press conference yesterday and she is pretty committed to the impeachment. She didn't sound like someone who was pushed into this. Her speech about the founding fathers and that this isn't political is such a bare faced lie I'm surprised her Catholic God didn't strike her with a lightening bolt where she stood.

What Hypocrisy.

Agree, she comes off as a vindictive @#$%! Wicked Witch of the West got nothing on Witch Pelosi.

And she gives Catholics a bad name, as if that were even possible!

She needs to hang it up and enjoy her millions and her grandchildren and do the rest of us a favor.
They should kick her out of the Catholic church that she attends. Thou shall not bear false witness against anyone is one of the ten commandments, she is constantly bearing false witness.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek
You say that but when the time comes, when the truth comes...what will you say then? "Oh its BS its all made up! Its just Repubs lying and ruining peoples career!" What excuses will you make then for corrupt people wielding corrupt power, just because they are YOUR people? If you continued to support those people, how could you blame people for seeing you as a person who supports criminals? You can keep saying BRING IT BRING IT, but when its brung, what will you do then?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You can keep saying BRING IT BRING IT, but when its brung, what will you do then?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Mconnell, Trump and several other Republicans have all said they will call both Bidens

And very troubling to me is Graham saying he wouldn't...

But, I can't see him denying Trump's attorneys if they chose to call them - and I'm sure they will.

It will be interesting if nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join