It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres an interesting question for ya

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

They're already trying to sell America on how presidential is Nikki Haley:

Haley seeks to quell talk she could replace Pence

Ex-Republican Strategist Believes Pence Will Be Replaced, Suggests Nikki Haley 'Wants To Be Vice President'

With this being the real kicker:
Haley billed as 'frontrunner' for 2024 GOP nomination

2024? Now - a year before a hugely important election? Why are they wasting their time on this?

Unless they want to replace Pence soonish (ridiculously easy to do), then dump Trump like radioactive waste when he's impeached

Presto magico! Haley is President - and they have a shot in 2020

Just in - candy for the base:
Nikki Haley Suggests Confederate Flag Just Meant ‘Sacrifice and Heritage’ Until Dylann Roof ‘Hijacked’ It

edit on 12/6/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Pence will be just as bad as Trump but that is not a good reason not to impeach Trump. The Constitution is more sacred than any one president or party. No one is above the laws. Trump's interpretation of his authority has gone too far.

I think the bigger problem for America and Americans is the total number of people who want to scrap the Constitution in favor of a military style dictatorship. We have way too many authoritarians in this country who are desperate to kneel before their daddy authority figure. People despise Congress. People lover STRONG leadership and dictatorship.

It's very sad but I expect any day now Trump is going to scrap the Constitution and start putting opposition party members, college professors, and journalists in jail. It's what the right wingers want. People on the right want to worship STRONG leadership.

That's crazy. If you think Trump should be impeached then I hope we do a retrospect of the previous administration and nullify Obama for all the crap he pulled to tear this country down. Plus, you can count on the same scrutiny of the next Dem president. This is the stupidest behavior I've seen by politicians, Hollywood celebs and some really spoiled individuals.

I have a new theory. All the hate for this president is just release of pent-up hate for Obama. While Obama was in office, you couldn't even say his farts stink for fear of being called a racist. Once Obama was out of office, it was back to normal. Hate all over the next guy because there will be no retribution. In fact, it's a group-think movement to hate Trump. Three scoops of ice cream and all that. All you haters should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well, I'm not Republican, but I am a Trump supporter... which seems to evidence that theory.

I would have no serious problem with Paul Ryan (other than he being somewhat establishment), but Nikki Haley would be a solid "Hell NO!" from me. I didn't like her actions as governor, as she seems somewhat obsessed with political correctness.

Ivanka would make a great candidate or running mate in 2024, though. She seems to be outspoken like her father. Actually, I find all the Trump kids impressive.

You're going to laugh, but in all seriousness I would love to see Newt Gingritch in the White House. The man is extremely intelligent, knows his way around the politics, has actually balanced the budget as Speaker of the House, and IMO is already where political conservatives need to be: common sense policies with an eye both to the future and the past.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

If they run Nikki Haley on the ticket, I will not be voting for that ticket. If necessary, I'll leave that field blank or write in Ivanka Trump.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well I'm sure as shootin' not voting for her

She's got a new book out, and has been interviewed an awful lot lately - seems like something is up

Could be she'll only replace Pence - so, Trump/Haley

Still, if anyone was looking to dump Trump - this would be a relatively smooth way to do it if they vote to convict

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well, that makes two no votes for Haley... let's hope the RNC is keeping an eye on ATS. I doubt I could vote for a Trump/Haley ticket even as much as I like Trump. The chance of her becoming President is just too great.

I was actually glad when they assigned her to the UN... somewhere she couldn't do much damage.

Everyone is looking to dump Trump except the voters and Trump himself. The only difference between the parties in that respect is the Republicans are trying to ride his popularity wave and the Democrats are trying to stop it. Neither side really likes him... and I'm not that fond of either side. The Republicans will turn just as corrupt as the Democrats are if they get the same kind of power.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JinMI

Mike Pence has respect for the rule of law. He has respect for protocols, norms and policies. He has respect for our military generals and Pentagon officials and he better understands the role of unelected civil government employees. He has respect for his foreign counterparts.

He won't foment division, hate and petty feuds. He's all business, no malarkey.

And Sooki thinks he is hot...

So hot!

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24803307]Sookiechacha[/p
VERY FUNNY
thanks for the laugh

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Zelun

Trump may be impeached, but he won't be convicted. If he is convicted, there will be a huge blowback. Pence will be the least of your concerns.

Could you clarify that ....?

Sure. If the Senate convicts, every Republican incumbent who voted as such would lose their seat, flipping the Senate over to the Democrats, possibly with a supermajority. Pence would not carry the Republicans in 2020. At this point the Democrats would have carte blanche, and I'd expect to see the further withering of the Constitution, specifically regarding the Electoral College and the 2nd Amendment.

What happens then? Too far out. I don't know. Nothing good.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The Republicans will turn just as corrupt as the Democrats are if they get the same kind of power.

I could argue that it's already happened in reverse, and agree that it could also play out anyway just the way you say

So, I take your point

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

In some areas, one could argue that it has happened... and I would agree with that to some extent. It's not a question of Democrats bad and Republicans good; it's more a question of Republicans bad right now, Democrats go crazy right now. It could just as easily be Democrats bad right now, Republicans go crazy right now. It's a question of relative badness at a specific point in time.

I don't really consider Trump a Republican... he's a populist who ran on the Republican ticket. He could change to Democrat tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eye voting for him.

That's actually why the extent of Democratic insanity bothers me so much... we need the Democrats to counter the Republicans and the Republicans to counter the Democrats, because both are going to try something stoopid at some time. As long as that stoopid results in loss of power, there is some semblance of balance. If one party gains absolute power because the other is totally rejected (as I see happening), we will look back on the infamous two-party system as the "good old days in politics."

And I see it coming...

My fervent hope is that the less extreme Democrats in the party will either take the party back over and kick out the extremists, or at least split off and form a new party, leaving the now-extremist Democrat party to wither and die off. So far that doesn't seem to be happening. I have been watching Doug Jones to see if he has any bent toward that end, but so far I haven't see that from him. Little extremist either, to be fair, but he does tend to side with his party. Had I seen a tendency to maintain values instead of party more from him, I might be tempted to vote for him this time... but as it is, I'm looking at the Republican alternative for next year. We have Jeff Sessions and Roy Moore running (I kinda like them both but I'm also upset with both for their earlier shortcomings), plus a few others that I am considering. We'll have to see.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

" Guy seems like a twit... but what do I know... |

Don't you mean that other Vice President Joe " Malarkey 24/7 " Biden ?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's funny Redneck - I agree with so much, and yet you and I are polar opposites in other areas and in our choices

But, no matter. I couldn't agree more with the meat of that last post. We need each other

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. It might just have been necessary for us to suffer through this nonsense for 3 years so that the pendulum can begin to swing back

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's funny Redneck - I agree with so much, and yet you and I are polar opposites in other areas and in our choices

The truth is that people are rarely defined by any one (or even several) positions. I have said many times that I used to be called a liberal even though I held the exact same positions I do today. Yet today I am an extreme conservative?

As long as people can recognize that, there is hope. Disagreement can be a good thing; it expands our horizons and causes us to look at issues from different perspectives. If we do so honestly and with an eye toward resolving an issue rather than just winning an argument, all prosper.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Missed this one...

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. It might just have been necessary for us to suffer through this nonsense for 3 years so that the pendulum can begin to swing back

Trump's job was to drain the swamp. What happens when one drains a swamp? The swamp does not become shiny and pristine... it instead becomes even nastier as all the sludge and hidden dangers are exposed. But the swamp can then be cleaned up, whereas it could not be cleaned as long as all the nastiness was hidden.

Our job is to clean the swamp once it has been drained. We can now see the filth that once lay hidden beneath black water. So what if it looks like all Democrats now... there are layers to this mess, and I would be immensely surprised if there were not a few, or even a great many, Republicans mixed in with them. I have already fixed my sights on a few of them, and the letter next to their name is no excuse for anything.

Clean up the filth as it is exposed, party be damned.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join