It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: 4 dead after police pursuit ends in gunfire in Miramar after armed robbe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

What the hell are you talking about? Socks and change? The point is these cops killed 2 innocent civilians and that is not acceptable.

People commenting with all the answers without the whole story who have never been in a gun fight, never been in a situation where they have seconds to think.

Type half a word. That's how much time you have to make a decision in many of these situations and that is my point. I have been in these situations. It's horrible. Maybe wait for all the facts before blasting me or them is all I ask.

DId you hear their side of it? No. You didn't. Just jumped on them like a deranged animal. Would you like me to listen to your side if you were in this situation? Damn right you would.
edit on 6-12-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infinite8

A lot of shootings going on... Naval base in Hawaii last week, Naval base in Florida this week, and now this... Something stinks.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: infinite8

All those cops need to be fired immediately.

They made the situation dangerous for all those in the cars around the UPS truck. And someone died because of it.

They should of backed off and negotiated or waited things out. No one had to die. And the police should be liable for the collateral damage.

Become a cop and move up into a position of authority if you think you know better. In the meantime, let them do their job.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so the robbers actually didn't hurt anyone in this scenario, but the police just popped 4.

life imitates art. .. in most movies after they do that, the hostage mysteriously lives, and reunited with the families and the cops all get promoted.

are we really surprised at this? judging by the lack of interest here and America in general, I think not. or we're desensitized to the max. a couple more mad shootings not talked about too..

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I’m not a law enforcement officer, but this runs contrary to common sense. I’d like to hear from some more knowledgeable forum members. It seems protocol wouldn’t have you shooting into this vehicle that’s blocked in. This vehicle could have been followed once it got off the expressway. Why risk all of those innocent civilians lives?

Your right. Now those cops will face lawsuits!

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Only a real badge licker thinks this was righteous or well advised.

edit on 6-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The individuals in the truck were violent felons who had already demonstrated the ability, willingness, and intent to kill people to further their criminal activity.

And the civilian-occupied vehicles were used as shields by LE to protect themselves at the expense of civilians, putting civilians at risk because LE would have been targets.

Using civilian vehicles, that are occupied by civilians at the time, to engage in a shoot out certainly isn’t ideal

Isn't ideal? Well, that's an understatement.

They are using civilian occupied vehicles as shields. Unacceptable.

Is that part of training?
edit on 6-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hollywood plays a huge part in this situation, in my opinion.

I used to love working with paramedics. They were some of the must patient, loving, compassionate, and brave, people you could possibly meet. Before I left the working as a member of the hospital staff, working with a lot of the paramedics became problematic. Way too many of them thought the bad ass TV series paramedic was the model to emulate.

I believe this Hollywood image of police officers and their interaction with the public has become the norm. Officer Friendly is a thing of the past. The majority of the police officers see themselves as some real life character from a TV series.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Shooting civilians=deranged animal ...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You’ll notice that my comment was a reply to a specific comment stating that law enforcement should have just allowed those engaged in violent criminal behavior to continue on their way when they had an opportunity to stop them.

My comment was not condoning anything beyond what I said: that the suspects needed to be stopped and the moment presented itself to do so. By all means, though, selectively quote my comment to make it into something other than what was said.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's a bs response. I don't need to be a cop to know not to start shooting at violently armed suspects with innocent bystanders surrounding the suspects and a hostage in the truck.

And now a 1 year old doesn't have a father thanks to police recklessness.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You’ll notice that my comment was a reply to a specific comment stating that law enforcement should have just allowed those engaged in violent criminal behavior to continue on their way when they had an opportunity to stop them.

My comment was not condoning anything beyond what I said: that the suspects needed to be stopped and the moment presented itself to do so. By all means, though, selectively quote my comment to make it into something other than what was said.

The suspects needed to be stopped for sure, but perhaps it wasn't the right time for those particular cops to try it, because DID YOU SEE HOW THEY BLASTED UP THE SIDE OF THAT UPS TRUCK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM AND SIDE TO SIDE AS IF THEY HAD NEVER FIRED A DAMN WEAPON IN THEIR LIVES?!

Seriously, man, take a look at the video that shows the hostage trying to crawl out of the truck, and look at the barrage of bullet holes that appear all over the side of the truck. Are you going to apologise for them here and tell me I shouldn't judge if I haven't been a cop and in that situation?

Because damn, I hope I do my job more accurately than these guys attempted to do theirs. NO EFFING AIM, all while absolutely surrounded on all sides by innocent bystanders.

I don't think their judgement could have been any worse. And as you look at the UPS truck get increasingly littered with shutti!y aimed bullet holes, are you really gonna tell me that it wasn't at least something to do with them having been on the trail of these guys for a while, and by that time being so JACKED UP that they just had to take the first opportunity to empty their clips, innocent bystanders be damned?
edit on 6-12-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2019 by KansasGirl because: autocorrect corrects

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

DID YOU SEE HOW THEY BLASTED UP THE SIDE OF THAT UPS TRUCK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM AND SIDE TO SIDE AS IF THEY HAD NEVER FIRED A DAMN WEAPON IN THEIR LIVES?!

I wasn’t there, you don’t need to caps lock at me like I was. Obviously I saw the video.

Are you going to apologise for them here and tell me I shouldn't judge if I haven't been a cop and in that situation?

Have I done that? No? Well, there’s your answer.

Because damn, I hope I do my job more accurately than these guys attempted to do theirs.

I’d hope you would, too. Then again this is Broward County, and this seems to be about par for them, sadly.

are you really gonna tell me that it wasn't at least something to do with them having been on the trail of these guys for a while, and by that time being so JACKED UP that they just had to take the first opportunity to empty their clips, innocent bystanders be damned?

Did I tell you that? No? Well, there’s your answer. Not sure why you and others seem to think a viable tactic is presenting me with things I didn’t say and demanding I defend them, but it isn’t.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Saw a video today that someone here in South Florida took of the truck. The right side is full of holes and there's blood in the front or the truck. It just sucks.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Would you mind posting a link to the video?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just watched a movie two days ago called "Den of Thieves" and it ended with pretty much the exact same scenario as this, cops initiate brutal gun battle with crooks stuck in traffic, using civilian cars as shields.
I thought it was far fetched but I don't anymore!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You'll notice I commented on your reply with my own opinion, and also asked a follow up question about procedure, namely putting civilians at risk and using them as shields.

By all means, don't answer my question if that is training (I do not know if you're ex-mil or if they are) to use humans as shields. But if you believe apprehending suspects or stopping "violent criminal behavior" in this instance allows for using civilians as human shields to stop what was happening, I have a problem with that. So please don't selectively interpret my replies.

I"m responding/asking you as someone I respect as LE with a level head and who I normally agree with, so don't take it the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Here ya go

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Looks like all 19 officers involved (12 Miami Dade, 6 Miramar) were all put on administrative leave.
On Leave Link

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You asked me if using civilians as cover during a gunfight is something law enforcement is trained to do, and you expect me to believe that’s an honest question?

I don’t believe that at all, which is why I didn’t bother answering the question. I’m not “selectively interpreting” anything, amigo. You quoted some, but not all, of what I said and ignored the reason I said it in the first place in order to present what I said as having an entirely different meaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join