It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: 4 dead after police pursuit ends in gunfire in Miramar after armed robbe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The 2 robbers started a gunfight at a jewelry store in Coral Gables (Miami) famed Miracle Mile with at least one bullet striking City Hall across the street. They exchanged fire with the owner without any lives lost, yet. They fled in a Uhaul and then spotted a UPS driver, who they then carjacked and kept as a hostage. They got to Miramar while police pursued them in cars and air. The UPS truck hit bumper to bumper traffic. In the video you will see an outside shot fired at the UPS truck in the middle of all of the civilians followed by an inaccurate barrage of gunfire by the police. This resulted in the death of the 2 suspects as well as a 2 civilians.

Why are the police firing on a blocked in vehicle in the middle of civilians?

VIDEO: 4 dead after police pursuit after police pursuit ends in gunfire in Miramar after armed robbery

I’m not a law enforcement officer, but this runs contrary to common sense. I’d like to hear from some more knowledgeable forum members. It seems protocol wouldn’t have you shooting into this vehicle that’s blocked in. This vehicle could have been followed once it got off the expressway. Why risk all of those innocent civilians lives?
edit on Thu Dec 5 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Edited repetition in title

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infinite8

Looks like a break down of situational awareness and risk versus gain. It's apparent that there was lack of training and they were caught up in the moment. The obvious: accomplishing the mission shouldn't involve putting innocent people in danger.

Edit: ...unless the danger warrants it. Which I do not believe it was in this case.
edit on 12/5/2019 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I can't be 100% sure because of the low quality video, but it looked to me that one of the robbers killed the UPS driver which would have been the first shot and the cops opened fire immediately after. We were trained to shoot if shot upon and draw weapons if a weapon is spotted which I'm sure the cops already had seen while following the UPS truck. People have to hit the dirt when idiots open fire on cops or cops on idiots. Don't stick your head up and try to see what's going on.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Dangitt, that's what we train for....ya can't let loose with your smokewagon in traffic ......nnnoh...man...talk to em....its the only thing thing that wworks..tell em God needs them....
edit on 5-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

That's what I did all Thanksgiving day....the spirit in him came after me, first time the brother .......26 years old.....had a glass in his hand on a brick stack and said sometimes he wants to smash the glass and cram in my head....the second one he went to his dad's car and got a filet knife...that time I went ahead and walked around the jeep on a trailer....instead of you know, slowly straddling the hitch....he has multiple felonies but he asked me to say again what we do in the Millenium....then the last thing he said was yes....yep, maybe God does need me in the Millenium....only thing that works....not the state....not a therapist not a shrink...not docorrections
edit on 5-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

This is disgusting and every single officer involved needs to be fired and possibly charged with manslaughter. They have birds in the sky and everything. A hostage was involved, the best course of action would be to follow from a distance AND SPECIFICALLY not engage in heavy civilian traffic. It was a UPS truck for Christ sake. It wasn't out running a heli.
edit on 5-12-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In this link there are 2 more video angles.
2 Videos

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

... the ups driver is crawling out of the vehicle as the officers are shooting it the # up. NO!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This might be a clearer live view off of Facebook.
Facebook Video

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

It’s sad that this happened. I just feel for those 2 civilian families. Right before the holidays. It’s unfortunate. I’m sure there will have to be some additional statements moving forward. Everyone wants answers on why it went down this way. We don’t know everything yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

This is disgusting and every single officer involved needs to be fired and possibly charged with manslaughter. They have birds in the sky and everything. A hostage was involved, the best course of action would be to follow from a distance AND SPECIFICALLY not engage in heavy civilian traffic. It was a UPS truck for Christ sake. It wasn't out running a heli.

And what experience do you have in a gunfight. These officers involved did not have the luxury of sitting at home, typing away about the best course of action while sipping on a soda.

If someone hits you in the head with a sock full a quarters are you going to shoot them. What if they keep swinging it. At what point do you shoot. Can you shoot straight after being busted in the head a few times. What if you shoot and it goes through a house next door and kills a kid.

Oh, and don't give me it was an honest accident. It was only a sock and quarters and you pull a gun on this guy and try and kill him. You belong IN JAIL. YOU ARE AN ANIMAL.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Well, from what I’ve read, a lady got shot in the head at the location of the robbery, why shots were fired I don’t know. Then they stole a UPS truck and took the driver hostage while fleeing. You can’t allow people like that to flee freely through a civilian population. They have already proven they don’t care about any other lives. We can armchair it, speculating on what would have happened, or they could get them and end it before we have more things to speculate about.

I say good job, it’s very sad that innocent people were caught in the cross fire but that blame lays entirely on the criminals, no one else.

They could have just given up.
edit on 612122019 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

edit on 612122019 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Is Antipathy17 one of the cops in the video?

I don't think his training is the training we should be questioning.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

What the hell are you talking about? Socks and change? The point is these cops killed 2 innocent civilians and that is not acceptable.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Not sure if this has been posted, as I'm late to the party.
But here is the Helicopter chase footage

And the end result

edit on 6-12-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

This vehicle could have been followed once it got off the expressway. Why risk all of those innocent civilians lives?

The individuals in the truck were violent felons who had already demonstrated the ability, willingness, and intent to kill people to further their criminal activity. They were a risk to “all those civilian lives” as long as they remained free to continue, and they needed to be stopped.

Using civilian vehicles, that are occupied by civilians at the time, to engage in a shoot out certainly isn’t ideal but sitting around waiting for them to get out of traffic or carjack somebody else or whatever else certainly isn’t ideal either.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

All those cops need to be fired immediately.

They made the situation dangerous for all those in the cars around the UPS truck. And someone died because of it.

They should of backed off and negotiated or waited things out. No one had to die. And the police should be liable for the collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
this by police and the now two shootings at military bases in the last two days have been a pretty bad week for the warm parts of the usa ,first pearl harbor and now naval station pensaecola today on top of the ups incident

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

Things have really changed. I worked in a department store and at a grocery store a many years back before I headed off to University. Both place's number one rule was, 'just give up the goods if ever faced with a robber".

I don't know how any institution, or the police would think that someone's life or well being was worth merchandise, especially then most places are insured against theft.

There actions appeared reckless and thoughtless.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
looks like a gigantic clusterf##k by the LEOs. not their finest hour.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join