It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Donald Trump gained?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Everyone is talking about Trump. Nothing a hardcore narcissist loves more. It's all about Trump, and he's making sure of it. Just when they aren't paying attention... twitter frenzy of low-grade inciteful (not to be confused with insightful) gibberish.

'Oh yeah, that got their attention again... feels sooooooo gooooooood.'

Using that mass between your ears for a moment, ponder the question; isn't there an easier way to garner oodles of attention than running for and obtaining the office of the presidency?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

He could have just lived out the rest of his life without all this BS.

Hell, the media LOVED him for decades.

Then all the exact same people suddenly hated him because... he changed his job title.

Would anyone else in his position, knowing what he was facing, just do it anyways because of love of country?

No... nobody else would have.
a reply to: Lumenari

Been say'n it for three yrs now but it was never in the perspective you
just gave it.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

And actually, yeah that's fair..

And just to clarify, I was in no way insinuating that he has some master plan to become president just to sign a couple book deals and do a few speaches, I do think he's smarter than that.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

He has gained his New Reality T.V. Show that Will Not be Cancelled for the Next 4 Years .........

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

Yeah all jokes aside, that's pretty fing awesome, and I feel like it's something that I, or an ordinary American would do when moving or taking a new job.Which is exactly why he won, and exactly why the left despise him.

The left are not able to deal with ideological "surprise attacks" because they lack imagination and a sense of self deprecating humor.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

CriticalStinker: Glad you're happy with him. That makes one of us

I am only an impartial observer. Not quite the in the trenches passionate arbitrator you are.

I think indifference would describe my emotion more than passionate.

You are an indifferent dispassionate (comatose/on life support) observer that happens to be compelled to respond to topics of the most neutral interest....flower arranging and such.

I guess.

Opinion doesn't equate a strong emotion response, hence, a level of indifference (emotionally) one way or the other, on the president.

I voted for him, I say my opinion... It's the most basic of civic rights.

All of this goes back to my post you responded to. I think he's mediocre. He doesn't bother me any more that people confusing my lack of praise as hate.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

We do agree.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
President Trump has appointed a record number of federal judges. About 1/5 of the current federal judges are Trump appointees. Most of them are in their forties and these are lifetime appointments.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I am only an impartial observer. Not quite the in the trenches passionate arbitrator you are.

You are an indifferent dispassionate (comatose/on life support) observer that happens to be compelled to respond to topics of the most neutral interest....flower arranging and such.

All of this goes back to my post you responded to. I think he's mediocre. He doesn't bother me any more that people confusing my lack of praise as hate.

Who; to your best critical thinking is/could be/was/would be the LEAST mediocre President (dare I ask Helen Mirren and the answer is 42).

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He has gained his New Reality T.V. Show that Will Not be Cancelled for the Next 4 Years .........

Ah yes the sequel to the most exciting presidential roller coaster ride in history.
Tune in next season and you'll hear Ralph say.

edit on 5-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Why do pop stars, pop star?

Why do some people bother breathing?

The guy lives better than most kings, on your buck. He has it made for the rest of his life.

Here's one: Why would a multi billionaire be a game show host for 14 seasons? Where would he get the time from all his wheeling and dealing to dedicate 13 years of his life?

Some things are self evident.

edit on 5/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Who; to your best critical thinking is/could be/was/would be the LEAST mediocre President (dare I ask Helen Mirren and the answer is 42).

My adult life? Trump.

Again, bar was low.

My two big things are drawing bag from useless war (moot, we're no better or worse). And reducing debt, which is getting worse.

Both jobs are ultimately congress, but Trump said he'd make it happen... So I get to hold it to him.

He had two years with the house and senate and we're still here with wheels spinning. The economy is "great" if you say stocks are up and decent job growth is worth us putting things on the charge card. Debt increasing will have to be addressed at some point. We're just putting it off.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The TRUE gains are and will continue to be hidden.

Since entering the seat of the presidency, he has been paid over 13 Billion dollars by russia, not to mention his other family members have received several billion(3-5) each.

This will never come to light. But I've PERSONALLY, heard about this from a friend that sat next to someone on a plane that was texting their spouse that had heard it from their neighbor who overheard a guy in a bar talking to another guy who had said his roommates uncle overheard it FIRST HAND.

You in good style tonight...

He's was being sarcastic.

How do you know?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The guy lives better than most kings, on your buck. He has it made for the rest of his life.

What's a billion dollar loss to his net worth for all that he already
had anyway? That must be how he became such a huge success.

You look stupid leaning out away from the latter and reaching like that.

edit on 5-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I believe in what Trump is doing, I do believe he has/is changing the trajectory of our country for the better.
He was convinced that if he had sat and watched Jeb Busch and Hillary Clinton campaign and promise to make the country a better place(continue to pillage), when in fact they are very responsible for where we were/are at(negatively) , we may have lost the country for good.
He has inspired many in spite of the huge propaganda campaign against him.
That was a great post Lumenari, it makes me proud and I am fully behind our President. I respect those who don't see things the same way and loathe the never trumpers and haters out there.

I never did and still don't love Trump, I love what he represents and I love what he is doing. Like it or not the USA needed Trump in 2016 and he is delivering. It was never going to be pretty, in fact changing the trajectory is an ugly, god awful process and I believe he knows it and has accepted that.
Justice will be served in short time.

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: okrian

I once listened to an interview with Ivanka about why Trump wanted to become President.

She said that he called the family together, sat them down and said that he was thinking of running for President.

Then he told them that if he did, the left and the media could very well destroy him, them as well and they could very well lose everything they had worked for so he wanted them to vote on it because he wouldn't do it without their consent.

When asked why he wanted to do it, he replied that the country was screwed up and he honestly thought he could get it on the right track again.

They all voted yes and here we are.

He knew coming in what kind of crap he and his family would take on a daily basis from the left.

He did it anyways because he thought he could fix it.

So yea, there's your narcissistic dictator right there.

/facepalm

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Some great posts indeed here tonight.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

What's a billion dollar loss to his net worth for all that he already
had anyway? That must be how he became such a huge success.

You look stupid leaning out away from the latter and reaching like that.

The latest analysis of the majority of his businesses is that Trump was/is seriously in debt. He kept moving money around and taking out bigger and bigger loans.

As at 2016, Trump owed a hundred million on 'Trump Tower' (which he owns) and 140 million for '40 Wall Street' (which he leases). The biggest amount owing on any of his 'investments' is 950 million for '1290 Avenue of the Americas'.

Surely is makes no sense to have sufficient funds to pay out his debts and thereby maximize his profits, and to not do so?

What Donald J. Trump Owns and Owes - New York Times

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

vethumanbeing: Reducing debt? These are magical things that involve printing paper money while keeping inflation flat. Spending? According to Wizard of OZ no thing is unattainable; even Kansas. We can dream our way into Utopia; who pays for it exactly is another question for good witch Glenda.

CriticalStinker: Both jobs are ultimately congress, but Trump said he'd make it happen... So I get to hold it to him.
He had two years with the house and senate and we're still here with wheels spinning. The economy is "great" if you say stocks are up and decent job growth is worth us putting things on the charge card. Debt increasing will have to be addressed at some point. We're just putting it off.

Trump was at a disadvantage from the start; not only did the left hate him but the right wanted anyone (Rubio, Kasich) other than him. He had to win over constituents of his own party affiliation, which to my mind was not easy.
edit on 5-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A cult-like following.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

How does that have anything to do with the topic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join