It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Yovanovich lied to Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Where did you get that little gem?
Gateway Pundit?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Where did Schiff get three professors having no first hand knowledge of Trump’s dealings, and willing to make complete fools of themselves pushing a false narrative?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllBiz
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

how awesome would that be. take them all down.

As much as that needs to happen, it never will. I wish every corrupt politician would be taken down on both sides so we could MAYBE start getting some honest politicians. Or we'll just have to start going non-politicians like Trump. But there would literally only be about 3 democrat leaders left. What a great thought.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Several witnesses lied to Congress and the American people and should be indicted.. Their opening statements directly contradicted their sworn testimony.

What ever happened to going to prison for lying under oath? Democrats and their pet rocks (looking at you, Christine Ford Blasey) always get away with it. Anita Hill and the democrats who contacted her to coach Ford on what to say should all go to federal prison. The entire DNC crime ring needs to go down.
edit on 6-12-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There is NO Way McConnell and Graham vote against Trump. Trump is the most popular Republican and he isn't even a real Republican. The GOP would be comitting political suicide by impeaching Trump. Just not gonna happen beyond the usual RINOS and never Trumpers. Trump's influence gets the vote out for Republican candidates and he helps Republican candidates in elections.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackOops

Ukraine has said they have been stopped by the US from going after people. They have specifically said Democrats are preventing them from fighting corruption. I tried finding the story I read, but CNN and liberal rags did not report it and there are so many Ukraine stories to sort through and I don't have the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

There is NO Way McConnell and Graham vote against Trump. Trump is the most popular Republican and he isn't even a real Republican. The GOP would be comitting political suicide by impeaching Trump. Just not gonna happen beyond the usual RINOS and never Trumpers. Trump's influence gets the vote out for Republican candidates and he helps Republican candidates in elections.

Would the GOP be committing political suicide, though?

1) you overestimate the motivation of the people to actually do anything about the entire system of US Govt being shredded in Washington.
2) There's really not a 2 party system - there is only ONE group of people with their hands on the controls and it isn;t who you vote for in elections.

Ask yourself what happens if Trump is removed...
Some (not all) GOP senators get primaried and lose some votes (maybe a lot). Result - the Democrat wins.
Why would that not be a good thing for those driving this scam?

Wait and see - the likes of Graham and McConnell do not have the interests of the voters in their minds when they go to work every day.
Remember that revenge moment when McCain went thumbs dowm in his Ceaser like theatrical way? Watch the same process play out - this time perhaps with Romney set up for the casting vote.
edit on 6/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You are misjudging the people who actually voted for Trump. Republicans are riding the tailwind of his popularity with voters, not the other way around.

You do t have to believe me, believe the votes by citizens.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It would be a bad thing for the Republicans since they would get voted out, which is why they will not do it.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You are misjudging the people who actually voted for Trump. Republicans are riding the tailwind of his popularity with voters, not the other way around.

You do t have to believe me, believe the votes by citizens.

Evidence tells me that the people who voted for Trump are lazy and unwilling to fight. This comes from several recent elections at state and district level where they stayed at home in their hundreds of thousands.
There will be no blowback of any significance and those that do take a stand and refuse to vote Republican in 2020 because of what they did in the impeachment trial will simply be making it easier for Democrats to win.

It stinks, but It's reality and the Democrats, never Trumpers in the Senate AND the real power in Washington know this.

In many ways, this is Trumps own fault. He had time to go on the offensive and order multiple Special Counsels to investigate the Washington corruption and then arrest multiple members of Congress, but he bottled it. I suspect because he thought it would play into a narrative the media would spin about dictatorship. But in the end they were always going to take him down - and likely put him in jail when he left office - regardless of what he did. It's too late now. I assure you, the smokey back room discussions bewteen Schumer and McConnell are already well under way.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Evidence tells me that the people who voted for Trump are lazy and unwilling to fight. 

You forgot Stupid and Fascist.

We will see who wins in 2020. I'm not worried about my side getting the vote out. The real fireworks haven't even started.

Those Jobs Reports and Stock Market records are going to kill Trump.........

. I assure you, the smokey back room discussions bewteen Schumer and McConnell are already well under way.

Sure......
edit on 6-12-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

There is a reason all of the people Guliani is trying to get to testify are being denied passage out of the country.

They don't want the real truth to come out.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Would the GOP be committing political suicide, though?

1) you overestimate the motivation of the people to actually do anything about the entire system of US Govt being shredded in Washington.
2) There's really not a 2 party system - there is only ONE group of people with their hands on the controls and it isn;t who you vote for in elections.

Ask yourself what happens if Trump is removed...
Some (not all) GOP senators get primaried and lose some votes (maybe a lot). Result - the Democrat wins.
Why would that not be a good thing for those driving this scam?

Wait and see - the likes of Graham and McConnell do not have the interests of the voters in their minds when they go to work every day.
Remember that revenge moment when McCain went thumbs dowm in his Ceaser like theatrical way? Watch the same process play out - this time perhaps with Romney set up for the casting vote.

Even if you are correct about all of this - and you might be - the whole system is dependent on having two parties as rivals.

They are not going to destroy the Republican party over obvious BS charges. If they do a new party will form that will replace them, and much of their control will be lost in the process.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

There will still be the illusion of 2 parties when this is done.
Pence will become President and the fighting will continue.
It will take Republican voters about a month to be enthralled by the new staged fight between the so called two party system.

I've watched this play out for the last few years - beyond talk, where is the action from these Washington politicians when it comes to actually defending the President? There may only be 3 or 4 who are actually trying to bring reason to the process. The rest are just following the Democrat lead, whilst making some noise on TV about how horrible it is. Graham is a typical example. Just take a look at the Senate investigation inot Russia - they stayed well away from ANY of the Democrat involvement. What's happening the the kep players like Comey, Rosenstien, Strozk, etc in relation to Russia? Nothing. All talk, whilst the crazyness of the attacks and investigations into Trump continue. The Senate have been completely absent in any defence OR counter. That's McConnell

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It will take Republican voters about a month to be enthralled by the new staged fight between the so called two party system.

This is not going to happen.

Not only would the Republican party be destroyed, but the country would go into civil war.

You are just wrong on this.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

This is not going to happen.

Not only would the Republican party be destroyed, but the country would go into civil war.

You are just wrong on this.

I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
If you really think that civil war will break out, I think you are overestimating the reaction.
Look at what has already happened over the last 3 years.
What have the Republican base done? Nothing but stay at home.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The flaw in your reasoning is that you are putting them all together as if they are all one organism. The reason they are controlled is because it is in each of their individual best interest to screw Americans. When it is a subject that would lead to their being voted out of office, they no longer have a personal interest in following that agenda. That is why we see several Democrats against impeachment, they are not in blue areas and would be voted out if they supported it.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The flaw in your reasoning is that you are putting them all together as if they are all one organism. The reason they are controlled is because it is in each of their individual best interest to screw Americans. When it is a subject that would lead to their being voted out of office, they no longer have a personal interest in following that agenda. That is why we see several Democrats against impeachment, they are not in blue areas and would be voted out if they supported it.

...and yet in the House they will all vote for it, unless you think when the vote comes any significant number of Democrats will break away?
I do very much see both parties acting as one organism when it really matters, save for a few stradlers who will ultimately disappear or float around not having any support for years - like Rand Paul and his father before him.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I love your input, UKTuth, but I think you're wrong here. Not a single Republican voted to open the investigation, and given the nakedly political nature of the "offenses" the chance any will vote for impeachment is within a rounding error of zero. Heck, there are already at least two or three Democrats who have signaled they are against impeachment.

Given this, any Republican senator that votes for removal is guaranteed to lose his seat. More likely than not they wouldn't even win their next primary. Look at former Republican Justin Amash: there are about three Republicans vying for his seat next year, and last time I checked he's trailing all of them in the polls. He pretty much couldn't win an election against a dog turd at this point.

I'm not sure even Mitt Romney would dare to vote against Trump. Utah is one of the most conservative states in the country. Forget about losing the next election: they'd probably hold a recall vote and kick Romney to the curb well before then!

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Already one Democrat is leaving the Impeachment Plantation. That's the beauty of the House, you get held accountable every election by your constituents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join