It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So some piece of garbage stole my wedding ring

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: sine.nomine

Amen brother.
Congrats on the sobriety.
6 years for me.

God bless you. People truly don't understand that struggle. Stick with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
stolen property, what to do?

(a) tell police
(b) tell employer
(c) tell ats

i'm guessing op likes drama.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I seem incapable of responding with more than one sentence to someone who has called me a D bag.

(post by sine.nomine removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by sine.nomine removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

If you're man enough to call people names here (people you're ranting to), then you're man enough to confront them. Do you guys have morning meetings? If so, I'd call him out and hope that your co-workers have your back. Good luck to ya.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo

If you're man enough to call people names here (people you're ranting to), then you're man enough to confront them. Do you guys have morning meetings? If so, I'd call him out and hope that your co-workers have your back. Good luck to ya.

No, actually we work different shifts. I'm second and he's graveyard. Don't know about the "man enough" portion? But I've called him out a bunch. This dude has been kicked out of three different departments for lack of productivity but they can't find a way to fire him. Anyway, thanks for the reply and the well wishes.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Give them a reason to investigate. Stolen property is stolen property and totally grounds for an investigation. If you have proof as you say then that definitely warrants one.

edit on 12/5/2019 by iamhobo because: grammar

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Give them a reason to investigate. Stolen property is stolen property and totally grounds for an investigation. If you have proof as you say then that definitely warrants one.

Well it really just comes down to hearsay. Proof enough for me, given the folks involved, but not enough for a courtroom. As far as I'm concerned, it's a personal attack. Don't. Steal. A. Wedding. Ring.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

(a) tell police
(b) tell employer
(c) tell ats

By the way, this level of naivety just blows my mind. I wish I had your cushy, no problems whatsoever, the police do their jobs, life. Unbelievable. God forbid you sleeve-full-of-aces hand is ever dealt wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I still say pursue an investigation based on stolen property. They'll get everyone's side of the story and it will establish a bad track record for him. Even if you don't get the ring back, you still have a shot at getting that person out of there. No one in charge wants a toxic person ruining productivity.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Please, for the love of God, help me not stab a bastard.

You 'know' what needs to be done.

Do it!!

edit on 5-12-2019 by Deplorable because: I'm the guy that starred every one of your posts and applied your 10th flag. Stab the mofo, right in the heart, or ice-pick him in the eye. I am 100% on your side.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Dude, just go through the proper motions to get superiors & HR to do their "Yer fired" job already, and the cops to charge the thief, don't sit on ATS bitching and moaning.

My husband also removes his ring at home prior to going to work, when he even wears it. I don't nag him to don it, and have made it clear it's not a big deal even if he loses it. I don't even have one anymore, that got sold to pay rent years ago (heavier ring w/ stones) while we were fresh-faced new in town and struggling to steady the proverbial ship after a cross-country move. Sometimes when there's more important matters at hand, what's ON your hand is suddenly not very important.

I don't put much sentimental value on jewelry as it is, so maybe I'm not the best person hear anything from-- I go against the female grain in this case in a major way. Or maybe I'm the perfect person to get a blunt take from? Seriously, just try the objective viewpoint -- if it's just a plain engraved silver or gold band, you can buy another and have a duplicate made. You're looking at $100 or less for either one, depending on the gold karat. It's the same metal circle after that at the end of the day, just less "broken in" (the "ooh, shiny!" women everywhere just freaked out, oh well)

If you're not going to report anything, then I highly suggest that entire last paragraph be considered. A change in point of view on something is better than brooding over it.
edit on 12/5/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Dude, just go through the proper motions to get superiors & HR to do their "Yer fired" job already, and the cops to charge the thief, don't sit on ATS bitching and moaning.

My husband also removes his ring at home prior to going to work, when he even wears it. I don't nag him to don it, and have made it clear it's not a big deal even if he loses it. I don't even have one anymore, that got sold to pay rent years ago (heavier ring w/ stones) while we were fresh-faced new in town and struggling to steady the proverbial ship after a cross-country move. Sometimes when there's more important matters at hand, what's ON your hand is suddenly not very important.

I don't put much sentimental value on jewelry as it is, so maybe I'm not the best person hear anything from-- I go against the female grain in this case in a major way. Or maybe I'm the perfect person to get a blunt take from? Seriously, just try the objective viewpoint -- if it's just a plain engraved silver or gold band, you can buy another and have a duplicate made. You're looking at $100 or less for either one, depending on the gold karat. It's the same metal circle after that at the end of the day, just less "broken in" (the "ooh, shiny!" women everywhere just freaked out, oh well)

If you're not going to report anything, then I highly suggest that entire last paragraph be considered. A change in point of view on something is better than brooding over it.

A report has been filed with HR and the police. The object that was stolen has high sentimental value to me. I posted this in the rant forum. Y'all are vicious. Jesus...

This board makes me lose faith in humanity.

Can't wait to read the bullsnip that comes from that comment.

Sitting on ats bitching and moaning.... seriously... Lemme know when you post something that contributes to anything. I won't hold my breath.
edit on 6-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

A report has been filed with HR and the police. The object that was stolen has high sentimental value to me. I posted this in the rant forum. Y'all are vicious. Jesus...

This board makes me lose faith in humanity.

Can't wait to read the bullsnip that comes from that comment.

You seem to have an awful hard time keeping track of what you say so far. Thus far, you've made it very clear to everyone that no reports had been made and there was nothing you could do worth doing to get any relevant outcome. For a refresher --

originally posted by: Rikku

(a) tell police
(b) tell employer
(c) tell ats

It's the rant forum. I know the police or my emplorer can't do anything.

Well it really just comes down to hearsay. Proof enough for me, given the folks involved, but not enough for a courtroom.

But then you say --

A report has been filed with HR and the police.

So which is it? Nothing can be done, thus continue to brush off reporting advice because it won't do anything, or... suddenly backtrack 180* and claim you did what was advised already? o.O
Keep your claims straight, and it makes it a whole lot easier to believe.
edit on 12/6/2019 by Nyiah because: fixed tags

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

i had that happen. it was 23 yrs old silver and hand crafted. he took my cologne too. they were side by side. really a wedding ring? special kinda jerkoff move
edit on 6-12-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Considering your responses to certain people here, you seem like maybe you yourself are not the best person.
Sometimes bad things happen to good people, and sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

I know I'm having a hard time feeling bad for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
get proof, then stab 'em.

If criminals got the punishment they deserved crime wouldn't be such a problem.

I already have proof, and witnesses.... I'm not playing around with this one.

You could make it clear to all of your company/co-wrkrs you know who took it, and if not returned, you're going to the police.

Those not involved won't care...the guilty one will either act suspicious or/and the ring will show up.
edit on 6-12-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Weird how time passes and things happen. But no, you caught me. Making it all up.

originally posted by: Jefferton
Considering your responses to certain people here, you seem like maybe you yourself are not the best person.
Sometimes bad things happen to good people, and sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

Yeah well, I'm a little pissed. Sorry if I'm short with people arguing with me over a rant.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Weird how time passes and things happen. But no, you caught me. Making it all up.

originally posted by: Jefferton

Yeah well, I'm a little pissed. Sorry if I'm short with people arguing with me over a rant.

It is a rant, but, you know people here are very analytical. And to be honest, the story you provided was very shakey and inconsistent. I understand you are angry about the situation. Hell, I'd be extremely angry if someone stole my wedding ring. But, you shouldn't be taking it out on people here, who are just commenting on the info you put out there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join