It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French protests are showing our near future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.newsy.com...

Nationwide protests over President Emmanuel Macron's proposed changes to the pension system brought some services in France to a halt Thursday.

It amazes me how few Americans really know what is going on with the Pension crisis here.
Many think it won't impact them if they don't have a state or union pension. wrong...
I guess similar to France, things won't really get going until it truly reaches crisis point. I'm not a fan of Macron,
but at least he is trying something, anything.

I fear we will see a scene like this in Illinois (and several other states). I wonder if the state legalizing marijuana was two fold, one to make some tax money. Secondly to calm the masses when tshtf.

Pensions, what a laugh.
This is how it may all turn out.
Yes, you get your pensions, but now we will be deducting this and that from it.
Don't believe me.
Well , you are going to have a rude awakening at the age of 66.
My Japanese pension is roughly 126 USD (actually we get paid "net" 26000 yen every two months) and guess what, I said that is our "net", but first they take out other "govt" expenses.
So what I'm saying is, ex: let's say you are getting your "school teachers pension", and have to end up going on food stamps, well, now they will deduct the amount of food stamp value from your gross pension.
So just imagine what else they can attach to your pension.
IT'S COMING YOUR WAY PEOPLE
Since I'm a bit up in age, and see it first hand in a foreign country that I live in, its more real to me, but maybe not to Americans yet.
DON'T EVER TRUST POLITICIANS WITH MONEY EVEN IF YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR WALLET

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

126 USD !!! Wow, wow and wow!

Not me, but I fear that for a lot of Americans. So many people are in la la land.
I am not counting on Social Security, but if I get a little it will be an added bonus.

My retirement plan.
zero debt
enough funds to pay for property taxes
A house with well water, septic and solar
A gigantic garden and orchard
chickens
crops like hemp or similar
True off grid living.

To have enough land for relatives to live/survive if needed.
There are some areas of living off the grid that we need to beef up, but I
think we will be well on our way in 2-5 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They are showing the future on what happens if Liberals are given to much power and try to impose solutions while they claim they are there to help you.

Just a Food for thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It’s not a liberals thing. It’s a tptb thing. We did fine, public and private, for decades with pensions. Then businesses abolished them, or plundered them, and now govt is doing the same thing. Their goal , business and govt alike, are to have us all working 60 hour weeks, never retiring, and just enough money to barely survive and not rebel.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
keep in mind though. We can’t take over the businesses, or co opt the wealthy elite. But we can take over the govt, and legislate the wealthy elite out of power. Both problems solved.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: musicismagic

126 USD !!! Wow, wow and wow!

Not me, but I fear that for a lot of Americans. So many people are in la la land.
I am not counting on Social Security, but if I get a little it will be an added bonus.

My retirement plan.
zero debt
enough funds to pay for property taxes
A house with well water, septic and solar
A gigantic garden and orchard
chickens
crops like hemp or similar
True off grid living.

To have enough land for relatives to live/survive if needed.
There are some areas of living off the grid that we need to beef up, but I
think we will be well on our way in 2-5 years.

Hey Jag
First there are two types of pensions here in Japan and also a private type of investment pension also.
I'll just tell you the one the wife and I paid into.
This type of pension is for small business owers/self employed people and employees that don't work for the govt.
Large corporations have a different type of pension.

Anyway, Japanese start paying into it at the age of around 20 and pay into it till age 60. Right now, monthly payment is around 140 bucks a month (using dollars here for you guys). Now many Japanese are collecting this type of pension because as you know "old age is seen everywhere here". The thing is this, after paying all them years, now they get 325 USD a month, but actually we get paid every two months of 65000 yen. This is why you will see "all able " old people still working into their 70's and 80's here, and my wife is no exception.

It's a rude awakening, and American's got to be aware of what I mention about "expenses" being taken out of their pensions, THAT IS AND WILL HAPPEN

401'S our whatever they are called, I don't put much faith in them since I think the laws can be changed on how they are handled.

Yes, one needs to have an orchard, and orchard of thoughts of how to live when they get up in age.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
"All government pensions should be abolished, they are an abomination."

I agree but there is a problem.
People have been working for years with the promise of a pension.
Same with social security..
It's not as easy as saying too bad...move along.

Easy, no, but people should understand that it is not rational to expect that an unreasonable/irrational promise be kept.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join