It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Uh, I'm kind of confused.

Obviously...

There's ample evidence (and several admissions as well) that Trump was angling for Ukraine to investigate Biden.

Nope. He was angling for Ukraine to investigate Burisma, Ukraine meddling in the 2016 election, and possible corruption with respect to Bidens son being on the Board of Burisma while Joe was in charge of all things Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Excellent point. Also note that Silly did a hit and run.

I feel that this thread is just bad.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

TextPublished Sept. 24, 2019Updated Nov. 20, 2019

You suck.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: 1947boomer

The FBI is required to investigate referrals from high government offices like POTUS or Congress. As far as we know, Trump did not follow that legal route or, if he did, it didn't lead anywhere.

As you would say, the problem with that line of reasoning is that the FBI has proven that they can not be trusted, which is why Trump has had Giuliani working on it.

Oh man. The clamoring defense of Trump has just gotten embarrassing. Saying that going to Giuliani because he is 'trustable' makes about as much sense as going to Trump for tips on cleaning up corruption... or Michael Jackson for tips on parenting.

Giuliani is dirty sleaze personified. A once-decent mayor gone loony tunes. And teamed up with Trump... birds of a feather.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Giuliani is dirty sleaze personified. A once-decent mayor gone loony tunes. And teamed up with Trump... birds of a feather.

So your opinion is he's a dirty sleaze because you don't like Trump...got it. My opinion is you're suffering from TDS.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: okrian

So your opinion is he's a dirty sleaze because you don't like Trump...got it. My opinion is you're suffering from TDS.

Nice lazy cookie cutter response. Let me rephrase that for you in ATS approved terms...

Trump is beautiful. The call was perfect. MAGA!

Try harder.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

And after that nice Fox News talking head saying that Congress were going to wait until after Christmas.

Those Republicans must be so upset...

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Silly?...silly...silly....

Yep, I would forget this OP too.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yep bearing witness to the doomsday clock ticking closer to midnight. Not just BECAUSE of the partisanship at its highest point in American, history oh no, we are witnessing the destruction of our constitution from the inside out. While most will be busy fighting one another on the Internet with hateful words most will not be wise or educated enough to understand what they are witnessing.

Damage has already been done, point of no return.

Cant wait to see what actually gets done next year. I wonder if they even get a 2020 budget passed. 🤷‍♂️

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Folks, are we honestly surprised at this revelation??

Haven't I posted numerous times that the Dems will indeed abuse their positions and try to push articles with hearsay BS???

Don't put anything past these radicals, that's what they are, RADICALS.

You first have to accept the fact that the House is their lane and they can do whatever it is they like, despite what we may cite, point out and correctly predict, however the radicals will nevertheless push onward.

I mean come one, they have NOTHING, their candidates hopeless and dropping out, their external and internal polls are abysmal, it is an existential race for them.

Most importantly, when leftist figure out and realize that their celebrations end when the House makes their vote, the ball unilaterally falls into Trumps court.

The higher chamber will ultimately make the call to acquit, but not before they decide to drag it on, to much distress of those running for office.

I am a little surprised.

I did not think they were this stupid. They really seem hell bent on destroying their own party.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme Lets imagine that Trump losses to Biden or Hillery in 2020 and the repubs take the house, what's to keep them from impeaching Biden or Hillery for past actions while under the Obama administration? This is a very dangerous road our nation is going down.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Nothing, but then it goes and dies in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nothing, but then it goes and dies in the Senate.

Why would it die in the senate the repubs would have both houses? I see this as a gotcha by politics which will divide this nation even further than it is today.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You need a super majority and no one is winning 67 seats in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You need a super majority and no one is winning 67 seats in the Senate.

So then the Trump impeachment is just political theater.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yeah, unless roughly 30% of the Republican Senators jump ship.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"The Do Nothing Democrats had a historically bad day yesterday in the House. They have no Impeachment case and are demeaning our Country. But nothing matters to them, they have gone crazy," Trump tweeted.

"Therefore I say, if you are going to impeach me, do it now, fast, so we can have a fair ... .trial in the Senate, and so that our Country can get back to business.

We will have Schiff, the Bidens, Pelosi and many more testify, and will reveal, for the first time, how corrupt our system really is. I was elected to 'Clean the Swamp,' and that’s what I am doing!" the president wrote.

And you are watching the swamp doing their thing, yup
edit on 5-12-2019 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There's another hearing the day of the IG report release.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... ntent=2019-12-06T04%3A00%3A28&fbclid=IwAR2eNbBFYmq1YI2AYkn16jtGcB-e5RSB8Tan-wL1DoRYtzTP-sjsVxxFktY&fbclid=IwAR0q9o0QF9dF8Jrmx3ZNnZjxn84riB-IL-buxnjvsp HBRYLh4-chYhvJsoQ&fbclid=IwAR0rPdceS6oXIR2Z0m27loKikepCchnbusWXU5AlitwHNTwDmyxouswTxOA&fbclid=IwAR0yXdPoCLnW5VOqTIQCrn0JxZCI1WmxZg_6d0q3XmI9Ia79KUxKWA rzHJA vulnerable dems already coming out against impeachment

(CNN)Rep. Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, one of two Democrats to vote against formalizing the impeachment inquiry, said he plans to vote against all the articles of impeachment "unless there's something that I haven't seen, haven't heard before." He warned Democrats to "be careful what you wish for" and he added that impeachment "is tearing the nation apart. ... And I want to bring people together."
so im wondering if the dems will even get the votes to impeach, imagine the rage if they cant even pull it off in the house which they control

edit to add second snippit

Minnesota Rep. Collin Peterson, the other Democrat who also opposed the inquiry, was also asked if he'd vote to impeach. "I don't have an idea what they're doing," Peterson said. Moderate Democrats, particularly those in Trump-leaning districts, resisted moving forward on an impeachment inquiry throughout much of the year, as liberal Democrats pushed for Congress to take up special counsel Robert Mueller's report to launch an impeachment inquiry. That all changed in September when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a narrow impeachment inquiry to investigate the Ukraine allegations, and nearly every House Democrat publicly backed it.
so not the best sound bites for the dems to have going out via cnn these days
edit on 5-12-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

A group of House Democratic centrists is warning its caucus that any case against President Donald Trump should steer clear of Robert Mueller — resurfacing an ugly internal debate on impeachment that could complicate the coming weeks. Multiple moderates — including freshman lawmakers deemed most at risk in 2020 — have urged Democrats not to relitigate the issues in the Mueller report in their own investigation into the Ukraine scandal. But key Democrats, including House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, have suggested that it could be included in eventual articles of impeachment, with many in the caucus still eager to repudiate Trump for his misconduct outlined by Mueller. “Activities from the 2016 election, I think, should be left to voters in the 2020 election,” said Rep. Ben McAdams (D-Utah), who represents one of the most GOP-leaning seats in the nation. “My focus is on those things that are forward looking.” Story Continued Below "I would prefer that we stick to what we have," added Rep. Tom O'Halleran (D-Ariz.), co-chair of the moderate Blue Dog Coalition. The warning from vulnerable Democrats follows Nadler’s remarks at the Judiciary panel’s first impeachment hearing Wednesday in which he made a significant connection between Trump’s obstruction of Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference and his potential abuse of power in pressuring Ukraine to help his reelection campaign.
and now more dems want them to avoid the muller probe like the plague because they know it didnt pann out like they thought it would as many members here have pointed out for the nothing buger it was

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join