It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
funny how the dems changed their minds since clintons failed impeachment

"Pelosi, 1998: "Today the Republican majority is not judging the President with fairness but impeaching him with a vengeance...the Republicans in the house are paralyzed with hatred of President Clinton.”

Schumer, 1998: “I expect that history will show that we’ve lowered the bar on impeachment so much. My fear is when a Republican wins the White House, Democrats will demand payback.”

Maxine Waters: “They hate Bill and Hillary Clinton so much they will stop at nothing to bring him down.”""

interesting quotes
sad the same people are still in power

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Even sadder Clinton committed a real crime.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.wsj.com...

Senate Impeachment Trial Could Create Headaches for 2020 Contenders

theweek.com...

An impeachment trial could keep senators in session six days a week under Senate rules, and could eat up their usual weeklong President's Day break. That would be especially problematic for the five Democratic senators still in the running for president, and especially for Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) who are on the Judiciary Committee. Kathryn Krawczyk
so the republicans have reserved all of January to deal with this as McConnell is gonna go for a trial

www.rollcall.com...

The Senate has released its calendar for 2020, but the year will begin with a giant question mark because of a possible impeachment trial. The month of January is missing from the schedule entirely. A copy of the calendar, obtained by CQ Roll Call, also includes a notation that the weeklong Presidents Day recess is “subject to Senate floor activity.”
and gasp they will have to work presidents day week by the sound of it

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Pelosi and Nadler have an axe to grind against the Republican party going back to the Bill Clinton impeachment. It was their party president that was successfully impeached on their watch. This seems to be their revenge for that.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.house.gov... here is how to find your reps if you want to voice your opinion on impeachment to them

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Sillyolme

So you still think he'll be impeached? Are you kidding me? This is political suicide for your party and you fantasize about it. Something's wrong with you man.

Think she’s a woman AND English.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 5-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.vox.com... guess we should get a vote before the new year but even vox seems to imply its going to hurt dems

Indeed, the main thing achieved by a quick impeachment vote — besides a symbolic reprimand for Trump that would soon be followed by his Senate acquittal — would be to allow Democrats to move on to other matters. And that may be what they want. The real purpose behind this haste appears to be political. Democratic leaders appear to think that staying on impeachment too long would be bad for them politically — or at least that it would be bad for the Democrats in swing districts on whom Pelosi’s majority depends. Why Democratic leaders were always wary of impeachment After months in which House Democrats were torn over the political wisdom of impeaching President Trump, the Ukraine scandal brought peace to the land. After an intelligence community whistleblower raised alarms that Trump was attempting to strong-arm Kyiv to interfere in the 2020 election in his favor, all but two members of the caucus came together in support of an effort that, it was immediately clear, would likely result in Trump’s impeachment. But there were reasons Democratic leaders had been wary of impeachment all year and tried to stave it off despite intense pressure from their base. For one, there was what they saw as the inevitable endpoint: If they did impeach Trump in the House, he’d be acquitted by the GOP-controlled Senate. Due to the supermajority requirement for removal, at least 20 Republicans would have to break ranks to oust Trump. They knew that was never remotely likely and that, as a result, the impeachment quest would ultimately end in failure. What’s unfolded over the past few months has only confirmed that judgment: Just one Republican, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), has broken with Trump over the Ukraine scandal. And even his break is mild — an open mind, not an outright condemnation. If others are considering breaking with the president, they’ve been very quiet about it. Beyond that, Democratic leaders hesitated because impeachment didn’t poll well. More than 50 percent of voters tended to oppose it in polls, as you can see in this FiveThirtyEight tracker. That turned around somewhat in late September after the Ukraine scandal broke and after Pelosi backed an impeachment inquiry and signaled Democratic unity. So the current situation is that a narrow plurality of voters now favors impeachment. But that brings us to the next problem for Democrats: the House map. Though Trump lost the nationwide popular vote to Clinton by 2 percentage points in 2016, he won 228 House districts to her 207. So, under the current map, Democrats need to elect some members from districts Trump won or they can’t get the 218 seats necessary for a majority. Currently, they have 35 members in districts Trump won. These members’ preferences have dictated Pelosi’s strategy and decision making all year, because her majority mathematically depends on them. And eventually, the vast majority of these members did come around to support an impeachment inquiry over the Ukraine scandal, meaning Pelosi soon followed. Since then, though, Politico’s Sarah Ferris and Ally Mutnick report that some vulnerable Democrats have been “spooked” and “watching in horror” as pro-Trump groups have bombarded their districts with anti-impeachment ads. Others are desperately hoping to win some bipartisan cred by helping Trump enact a trade deal. Impeachment is still not a comfortable place for these Democrats to be.
so now we play the waiting game to see when the vote actually is and it seems we get the republican response in january assuming the dems have the votes to impeach in the house or not

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

The FBI is required to investigate referrals from high government offices like POTUS or Congress. As far as we know, Trump did not follow that legal route or, if he did, it didn't lead anywhere.

As you would say, the problem with that line of reasoning is that the FBI has proven that they can not be trusted, which is why Trump has had Giuliani working on it. I think the majority of us believe that Wray has never been trustworthy either, even though he was recommended for the position as the new Director for the FBI.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So when this fails..yes when not if,,,what will the dems do next to waste time and money?

My guess is get more dead people and illegals registered to vote.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I just want to point out that to outright dismiss something that is an obvious sham could never be considered a sham itself.

The house dems use of the process is a sham imo.
The process is not intended to be such.

BTW
why would they feel the need to have "knowledgeable" people testify that they can impeach the president?
they can for whatever reason they like as they get to determine what treason bribery high crimes and misdemeanors actually mean
seems similar imo to what the catholic church used to do before gutenburg came along

This whole sham of a circus side show reminds me of something...let me think...
Therefore, Trump is a witch!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So when this fails..yes when not if,,,what will the dems do next to waste time and money?

My guess is get more dead people and illegals registered to vote.

They are building their Democratic campaign strategy of "Trash Trump" by using this as the reason for people NOT to vote for him. That is all they got at this point.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I just want to point out that to outright dismiss something that is an obvious sham could never be considered a sham itself.

The house dems use of the process is a sham imo.
The process is not intended to be such.

BTW
why would they feel the need to have "knowledgeable" people testify that they can impeach the president?
they can for whatever reason they like as they get to determine what treason bribery high crimes and misdemeanors actually mean
seems similar imo to what the catholic church used to do before gutenburg came along

This whole sham of a circus side show reminds me of something...let me think...
Therefore, Trump is a witch!!!

Or this.......

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

LOL, I thought they missed a prime opportunity with the House Impeachment "Inquiry' (not Investigation) - they should have used "Inquisition" instead!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WTF is up with this Silly??

Nancy Pelosi just announced formal impeachment against trump.

Bold mine.

From your NYT link.

Published Sept. 24, 2019
Updated Nov. 20, 2019

I know you live in a different reality than most of us but has your reality encountered a time shift as well?

Do you have a different link that would help your somewhat lacking OP make...you know...SENSE?
Thanks in advance Silly

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Krakatoa

LOL, I thought they missed a prime opportunity with the House Impeachment "Inquiry' (not Investigation) - they should have used "Inquisition" instead!

And nobody would expect it!!!

edit on 12/5/2019 by Krakatoa because: Fixed broken quote

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Good, bring on the Senate hearings - the hoard demands blood and the current sh!tshow is getting boring and repetitive, we want to see Schiff, Hunter Biden, Comey, Obama, Ol Dodgy and everyone else involved in actual election interference with foreign powers exposed and prosecuted.

On a side note, Pelosi has literally lost her sh!t, her little arm-contortion meltdown at the end of her speech just now is now all over twitter - really not a good look 10 months out from losing the election again.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

On a side note, Pelosi has literally lost her sh!t, her little arm-contortion meltdown at the end of her speech just now is now all over twitter - really not a good look 10 months out from losing the election again.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
some people are so committed to the green new deal they only use recycled news.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join