It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Part of it is because we have two sides that are increasingly divergent on the end goal of what's best for the country.

And of course the rest is because we've allowed government increasing power and control over every facet of life. More bpower = more money and that's worth fighting for, bitterly, and worth fighting to increase.

Wreck that, and I predict a return to some sanity. Less to fight over; less to attract the wicked and power hungry.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thanks for the insight into your viewpoint.

thank you
i appreciate your insight

I agree insomuch as there are large swathes of government being used in abusive ways.

yes there is
imo it is and has been on full display with the anti trump gop for 2 years and the current dem house
seems little about the peoples business is important

I've almost arrived at the solution that the whole system is ugly/corrupt/self-serving and ultimately broken

we agree
I hope we find a solution before it collapses

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme
lets see how many battle ground house dems want to be out of work

and then there is the 2/3rds requirement from the senate

is thanksgiving next week?
caw caw cough cough

I get why you think that, but what I can't reconcile is if that's really how you (and prescriptively others here) feel, why is there so much angry energy at the Democrats for what their doing.

It just sounds like you are convinced its going to be catastrophically bad for them (and who knows you may very well be right), yet I keep feeling like there's so much angry energy in these and countless other threads here on ATS decrying what the Dems are doing (as if, assuming you are correct, the Dems not doing it wouldn't actually be worse for Republicans).

As a Canadian looking in from the outside, I believe it is anger about the double standards the appear to be happening all around when it comes to both parties. The feeling of being treated unfairly and seeing others getting away with what your being punished for is a great way to make people real angry. When it is blatantly in your face, it would make you twice as mad.

What I am absolutely blown away by with this whole dog and pony show from both sides is what it is going to do for the future of your political system. What is the end goal besides impeaching and possibly removing Trump? The door has now been opened to create a crap show for every single presidential candidate for the foreseeable future..it makes no sense. If you think things are nasty and ineffective now, I wouldn't be looking forward to what happens to the next president because of feelz.

You are so right. The evidence for impeaching Biden is already there with Ukraine and what he did as VP. I'm sure Warren is no saint. The Democrats really opened a can of worms on this one. Just because they were butt hurt at losing the election.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Have any of you seen Trumps twitter?

He says, BRING IT ON!

"Therefore I say, if you are going to impeach me, do it now, fast, so we can have a fair trial in the Senate, and so that our Country can get back to business." (Trump et al)

That isn't a man who is afraid, that is a man ready to bring the full force afforded him to bear against the radicals.

Dude, Trump is a FIGHTER, I think leftist secretly know this, what an interesting way to test the limits of this mans resolve in pursuit for something that isn't there, which ultimately leads to self destruction.

You have my support Trump for WHATEVER!! unleash the kraken!!
edit on 5-12-2019 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Skimpy OP, Silly.

Direct question to you:
Do you think THIS is finally gonna bring down Trump?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I believe what Trump did was criminal

May I ask what specifically?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wreck that, and I predict a return to some sanity. Less to fight over; less to attract the wicked and power hungry.

I think this is a decent take on it. There is certainly a very vested interest in keeping us rabidly angry at each other for stupidly minor things (I'm looking at the media specifically here), when ultimately most folks whatever their political allegiances may be are likely 85% similar in their lives.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
She’s still worried about this change.org petition for a vote of No Confidence. That motion cannot be tabled like the on to censure Schiff was.

Thanks!, I just signed it and shared it on my facebook page that has over 1,500 friends. Everyone should take a second and do this now. It only took literally like 20 seconds

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Have any of you seen Trumps twitter?

He says, BRING IT ON!

"Therefore I say, if you are going to impeach me, do it now, fast, so we can have a fair trial in the Senate, and so that our Country can get back to business." (Trump et al)

That isn't a man who is afraid, that is a man ready to bring the full force afforded him to bear against the radicals.

Dude, Trump is a FIGHTER, I think leftist secretly know this, what an interesting way to test the limits of this mans resolve in pursuit for something that isn't there, which ultimately leads to self destruction.

You have my support Trump for WHATEVER!! unleash the kraken!!

Can I give you a million stars!!!!

link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Why?

The fear that starting impeachment may anger the Republican base is irrelevant, irresponsible, as enabling to the Administration as Atty.

The calculation that an impeachment inquiry would harm Democratic efforts in 2020 has no basis in fact

It's a very real fact Republicans got fired after the CLinton failure.

link   

King Trump is guilty as sin. I hope he falls!

link   

Face it - There's a reason why the richest counties in the US are aggregated around DC now.That's not right.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I believe what Trump did was criminal

May I ask what specifically?

Of course: Asking for Zelinsky to announce an investigation of Biden for the sole purpose of hurting his (at the time) main political rival in the upcoming election, and then holding/slow-walking already congressionally appropriated money while he waited for that condition to be met.

Its not anything new or surprising as far as positions go, and I think we've debated the merits of it for/against in some other threads already (tangentially at least). I understand the counter arguments already (though I respectfully disagree).

For me the little bit of humor/irony I see in it is that I felt like Trump would have no problem beating Biden. Polls not withstanding (since we all know how dubious it is to place ANY trust in them), I felt like Biden was only slightly more motivating than Hillary (and we all know how that turned out).

I can't say I'm too upset that Biden's been dragged through the mud on all this. I think he's a pretty odious individual as well and I would be no more inclined to vote for him than for Trump. The fact that his star has already seemingly waned for whatever reason actually makes me pleased.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

King Trump is guilty as sin. I hope he falls!

Parroting Cnn talking points I see.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You are inferring intent.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Face it - There's a reason why the richest counties in the US are aggregated around DC now.That's not right.

Hey man I think unfairly enriching oneself as a public servant should carry life in prison punishment. Like I fantasize of hellaciously strict systems whereby public service is almost a punishment (forced austerity, no pay, life under constant surveillance) just so there can be no mistake that anyone who works in that position has no choice but to do so for the good of the country rather than themselves.

Granted its all flights of fancy, but boy howdy if I don't sympathize with you in the amount of raw rage I feel at seeing political cronyism on display.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
From extortion,bribery,quid pro quo to King.

LOL.

Move that goal post traitors of the Republic.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You are inferring intent.

Indeed. This whole charade is really just a public opinion poll on intent though, so I believe it's relevant.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

You're right.

Because it is totally the job of the Congress to waste their time and energy on a sham attempt to unseat an elected president of the opposition party using tax payer dollars as part of their upcoming election campaigns. I know its totally what I vote for them to do. How about you?

It's not like there are other things they should be doing at all ...

Well I appreciate the opportunity to answer that question; I believe what Trump did was criminal (and am aware you do not, and that's totally cool too so I don't want to bicker back and forth on that detail), so under that viewpoint I see my elected representatives as doing their jobs (which is to serve as a check/balance on the Executive branch when they believe malfeasance is occurring). In that light what they're doing is imperative even if it isn't possibly going to succeed in removing the president. To acquiesce to what they believe is malfeasance by the president by not utilizing their power/role as a check against the Executive branch effectively hands complete control/hegemony to the President/Executive branch, and I don't think that's something the founding fathers wished in any capacity.

Well, next time a Democrat president is elected expect them to be impeached no matter the reason. That is what everyone is upset about. It's not that we're worried Trump will get removed from office. We know that isn't happening. What people are upset about is the left have just undone the integrity of our elections to try and undo the 2016 election.

So next time there is a Democrat President and he's being impeached based on a non-existent whistleblower and hearsay, just remember back to this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks
I do not disagree with your expectation of the house doing its duty.
We simply have different views on what the actual facts are.
Perhaps if the house conducted the process properly we would have a clearer perspective on the actual facts of the issue.

Do you anticipate a fair process from the senate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join