It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Folks, are we honestly surprised at this revelation??

Haven't I posted numerous times that the Dems will indeed abuse their positions and try to push articles with hearsay BS???

Don't put anything past these radicals, that's what they are, RADICALS.

You first have to accept the fact that the House is their lane and they can do whatever it is they like, despite what we may cite, point out and correctly predict, however the radicals will nevertheless push onward.

I mean come one, they have NOTHING, their candidates hopeless and dropping out, their external and internal polls are abysmal, it is an existential race for them.

Most importantly, when leftist figure out and realize that their celebrations end when the House makes their vote, the ball unilaterally falls into Trumps court.

The higher chamber will ultimately make the call to acquit, but not before they decide to drag it on, to much distress of those running for office.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Well she did it.
Nancy Pelosi just announced formal impeachment against trump.

Good. I will rotflmao if they can't muster the votes to impeach, which is a real possibility.

But, if they do, buckle up silly, the Senate will destroy this entire charade, and bring to light a lot of things the demwits would prefer stay hidden.

We are definitely living under that ancient chinese curse: interesting times.

link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme
lets see how many battle ground house dems want to be out of work

and then there is the 2/3rds requirement from the senate

is thanksgiving next week?
caw caw cough cough

As a Canadian looking in from the outside, I believe it is anger about the double standards the appear to be happening all around when it comes to both parties. The feeling of being treated unfairly and seeing others getting away with what your being punished for is a great way to make people real angry. When it is blatantly in your face, it would make you twice as mad.

What I am absolutely blown away by with this whole dog and pony show from both sides is what it is going to do for the future of your political system. What is the end goal besides impeaching and possibly removing Trump? The door has now been opened to create a crap show for every single presidential candidate for the foreseeable future..it makes no sense. If you think things are nasty and ineffective now, I wouldn't be looking forward to what happens to the next president because of feelz.

Nobody reasonably thinks/expects Trump is going to be removed. My take is the Dem's are doing this to shine a spotlight on Trumps crimes so that the overwhelming plurality of the electorate takes that bad taste in their mouths to the polls this November.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Have fun with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

So you still think he'll be impeached? Are you kidding me? This is political suicide for your party and you fantasize about it. Something's wrong with you man.

They'll impeach him. The House is in control of that. It will more or less be strict party line, and it will go nowhere in the Senate because they won't have the votes to convict and there will be an actual trial, not a kangaroo court.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
You mean acquitted or convicted in the Senate. Them moving forward with articles in the House is impeachment.

I think it is entirely possible they don't have the votes to impeach. They better hope they do if it goes to the floor, becuase if it fails, they (the demwits) are done, times 100. They are actually done already, but don't know it yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Well she did it.
Nancy Pelosi just announced formal impeachment against trump.
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that the House would initiate a formal impeachment inquiry against President Trump, charging him with betraying his oath of office and the nation’s security by seeking to enlist a foreign power to tarnish a rival for his own political gain.

Well no chit Silly, It was a foregone conclusion that they would impeach him at some point the left has been saying by any means necessary since the day after he was elected. If you thought Clinton's impeachment investigation was a farce(I did) this one just sullies the whole process and we will likely be bombarded by impeachment proceedings without merit for every future President.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

charging him with betraying his oath of office and the nation’s security by seeking to enlist a foreign power to tarnish a rival for his own political gain.

Once again this crap ^^^

IF President Trump knew Biden was strong arming (blackmailing) the Ukraine (and Biden admitted as much) but our President DIDN'T ask the Ukraine to 'look into' Biden (because the President was worried about how it might effect the next election) THAT would be a crime(?), (that he turned a blind eye to corruption).

That the President DID want Biden's BS 'looked into', if nothing else proves the President wants corruption gone from wherever, or whatever source.

Nancy's nothing other than a Soros doormat. What a tool.

So - what's the reason for this 'Impeach' season now? What exactly did our President do? Hmmm?
edit on 2859Thursday201913 by silo13 because: complete post isn't showing up

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

it is a lazy half assed attempt by the house dems to overturn an election they lost and no more

But do you really think they could 'overturn' the election by getting Trump removed? I can't imagine any universe where a Republican controlled senate votes to remove Trump from office, regardless of ANY evidence. Its just not going to happen.

Therefore, assuming you view is the correct one, Trump is and has always been safe from being removed, and ultimately all that's transpiring is the Democrats are handing the re-election to Trump, which I would think would calm you and make you happy.

All that I think (personal take on it) is happening is attempts to massage public opinion as ammunition for the upcoming election (and potentially curtail Trump's attempts to influence the election). IF Trump is removed, I emphatically believe it will be through the normal channels of the presidential election.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think this is just a way to Clear the Decks and legitimize HILLARY running again .... For Cover lol Uranium One is looming LARGE lol

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Almost feels like a waste to post my laugh at this. Most people know what the real motivations are.

😂😂😂

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnendingVigilance

Almost feels like a waste to post my laugh at this. Most people know what the real motivations are.

😂😂😂

Yes.

We know their INTENT.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You're right.

Because it is totally the job of the Congress to waste their time and energy on a sham attempt to unseat an elected president of the opposition party using tax payer dollars as part of their upcoming election campaigns. I know its totally what I vote for them to do. How about you?

It's not like there are other things they should be doing at all ...

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

But do you really think they could 'overturn' the election by getting Trump removed?

nope
and if that is not the goal then their use of such is exactly as I described, a bastardized use of our constitution

Therefore, assuming you view is the correct one, Trump is and has always been safe from being removed, and ultimately all that's transpiring is the Democrats are handing the re-election to Trump, which I would think would calm you and make you happy.

I don't particularly like trump.
I was hoping for an actual sane candidate.
nope
not now
After the first 2 years with full government control, I am not looking forward to establishment gop for another 2 years.
They did very little imo to better our nation. SCOTUS appointees and tax breaks. Nothing on healthcare, immigration, infrastructure....more of the same is not appealing to me, and not the reason trump was elected imo.

All that I think (personal take on it) is happening is attempts to massage public opinion as ammunition for the upcoming election (and potentially curtail Trump's attempts to influence the election).

more of our government working on keeping power and not doing squat to better our nation.
f that

Seems it may take someone even nuttier than trump......that is sad

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Congrats.

Pelosi and her entire party is going to get destroyed.

Especially when the Senate Trial begins.

In the Senate, the Republicans will have an opportunity to tell the American people Trump’s side of the story. They will be able to call first hand witnesses. To date only second and third hand (gossip) “witnesses” have been allowed. Even people who don’t have even multi-hand gossip knowledge have been allowed to testify in the entirely Democratic run Congressional inquisition - oops - inquiry.

In a Senate trial Trump will have lawyers to represent his side, there Republicans will be allowed to call witnesses. There Trumps lawyers will be allowed to question witnesses. Due process will be the law. The Democrats so far have denied due process and because they say what they are doing is not a trial they can operate on (guilty until proven innocent - even Pelosi said this publicly).

Even the words of the person on the other end of the phone will be allowed: www.latimes.com... : time.com... : www.foxnews.com... : www.cnbc.com...

I am all for it. Let the Senate trial begin.

Let real testimony rather than gossip be heard.

Let the reasons Trump asked about the corruption be made public. That will be crucial to getting to the truth. Let all the corruption that was behind the request be made public, Hillary is also a part of that.

Yes, YEA for taking it to the Senate for a Trial.

Nancy knew what she was talking about when she warned the Democrats that if they went ahead with this, it would mean she would be thrown out of being speaker by the voters, when it all began.

edit on 12/5/19 by The2Billies because: formatting

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
McConnel should get Schumers phone records along with joe and Hunters.

Then raid Perkins Coie.

Schumer and Putin

And Schiffs Phone records while we're at it.
edit on 5-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Killery doesn't need to 'legitimize' anything to 'run' again. (Run Away Killery)!

All this has to do with is the largest corporation in the USA has a new leader that isn't corrupt and wont play 'patty cake' with the hoards of 'politicians' who are corrupt (and have been for decades).

That and the Dems know there's no way they can win in 2020 so they'll do all they can to get Trump out before hand. Isn't it lovely that will be a massive fail!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

But do you really think they could 'overturn' the election by getting Trump removed?

nope
and if that is not the goal then their use of such is exactly as I described, a bastardized use of our constitution

I don't particularly like trump.
I was hoping for an actual sane candidate.
nope
not now
After the first 2 years with full government control, I am not looking forward to establishment gop for another 2 years.
They did very little imo to better our nation. SCOTUS appointees and tax breaks. Nothing on healthcare, immigration, infrastructure....more of the same is not appealing to me, and not the reason trump was elected imo.

All that I think (personal take on it) is happening is attempts to massage public opinion as ammunition for the upcoming election (and potentially curtail Trump's attempts to influence the election).

more of our government working on keeping power and not doing squat to better our nation.
f that

Seems it may take someone even nuttier than trump......that is sad

Thanks for the insight into your viewpoint.

I agree insomuch as there are large swathes of government being used in abusive ways. Outgoing state Republicans removing the power of an incoming Democratic Governor for the duration of their tenure and then re-instating the same powers again for the next Republican Governor is an equally odious example, yet such things happen with disturbing regularity.

I've almost arrived at the solution that the whole system is ugly/corrupt/self-serving and ultimately broken, yet because of whatever reason (tribalism, propaganda, etc.) we've lived a long time having missed the signs and are only now coming to realize the truth of it is far uglier, and has been for way longer than we realized.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You're right.

Because it is totally the job of the Congress to waste their time and energy on a sham attempt to unseat an elected president of the opposition party using tax payer dollars as part of their upcoming election campaigns. I know its totally what I vote for them to do. How about you?

It's not like there are other things they should be doing at all ...

Well I appreciate the opportunity to answer that question; I believe what Trump did was criminal (and am aware you do not, and that's totally cool too so I don't want to bicker back and forth on that detail), so under that viewpoint I see my elected representatives as doing their jobs (which is to serve as a check/balance on the Executive branch when they believe malfeasance is occurring). In that light what they're doing is imperative even if it isn't possibly going to succeed in removing the president. To acquiesce to what they believe is malfeasance by the president by not utilizing their power/role as a check against the Executive branch effectively hands complete control/hegemony to the President/Executive branch, and I don't think that's something the founding fathers wished in any capacity.
edit on 49am19famThu, 05 Dec 2019 09:08:15 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 05 Dec 2019 09:08:15 -0600 by Wayfarer because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join