It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well she did it.
Nancy Pelosi just announced formal impeachment against trump.
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that the House would initiate a formal impeachment inquiry against President Trump, charging him with betraying his oath of office and the nation’s security by seeking to enlist a foreign power to tarnish a rival for his own political gain.

edit on 5-12-2019 by DrumsRfun because: fixed all caps title

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Thu Dec 5 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
lets see how many battle ground house dems want to be out of work

and then there is the 2/3rds requirement from the senate

is thanksgiving next week?
caw caw cough cough

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Congrats.

Pelosi and her entire party is going to get destroyed.

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

So you still think he'll be impeached? Are you kidding me? This is political suicide for your party and you fantasize about it. Something's wrong with you man.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

So you still think he'll be impeached? Are you kidding me? This is political suicide for your party and you fantasize about it. Something's wrong with you man.

MConnels already locked,cocked, and ready to rock.

Then comes November.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
So you still think he'll be impeached?

You mean acquitted or convicted in the Senate. Them moving forward with articles in the House is impeachment.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

caw caw cough cough

I get why you think that, but what I can't reconcile is if that's really how you (and presumptively others here) feel, why is there so much angry energy at the Democrats for what their doing.

It just sounds like you are convinced its going to be catastrophically bad for them (and who knows you may very well be right), yet I keep feeling like there's so much angry energy in these and countless other threads here on ATS decrying what the Dems are doing (as if, assuming you are correct, the Dems not doing it wouldn't actually be worse for Republicans).
edit on 49am19famThu, 05 Dec 2019 08:35:34 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 05 Dec 2019 08:35:34 -0600 by Wayfarer because: grammar

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Well she did it.
Nancy Pelosi just announced formal impeachment against trump.
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that the House would initiate a formal impeachment inquiry against President Trump, charging him with betraying his oath of office and the nation’s security by seeking to enlist a foreign power to tarnish a rival for his own political gain.

LOL... a formal inquiry to do what they already did in the informal inquiry.

Bring on the Senate trial already..... it's after 8 and I do not have all day.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

hahahahha...you're such a small soul...capital letters for Pelosi, but not for Trump.

Stick around ATS. At least another year.

The funny thing is, Obama has even called the democrats out for going too far left and told them to back off and they never slowed down, they sped the train up and they're past the point of no return in my opinion. Someone tell these democrats that Back to the Future III isn't real and they can't go back in time.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

. First, this is a case without a clear criminal act
and would be the first such case in history if the House proceeds without further
evidence.

Pelosi now has her "first".

As will be discussed further below, the recently suggested criminal acts
related to the Ukrainian controversy are worse off, being highly questionable from a legal
standpoint and far from established from an evidentiary standpoint.

she is advocating impeachment on things from a "questionable legal standpoint".
well done speaker

In the
current matter, much remains unknown in terms of key witnesses and underlying
documents. There is no explanation why the matter must be completed by December.
After two years of endless talk of impeachable and criminal acts, little movement
occurred toward an impeachment. Suddenly the House appears adamant that this
impeachment must be completed by the end of December. To be blunt, if the schedule is
being accelerated by the approach of the Iowa caucuses, it would be both an artificial and
inimical element to introduce into the process. This is not the first impeachment
occurring during a political season.

Artificial
real nice nancy

The question for
the House remains whether it is seeking simply to secure an impeachment or actually
trying to build a case for removal. If it is the latter, this is not the schedule or the process
needed to build a viable case. The House should not assume that the Republican control
of the Senate makes any serious effort at impeachment impractical or naïve.

seems all they want is their peach mint
take the vote and get it over with so the senate can begin

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: shooterbrody

caw caw cough cough

I get why you think that, but what I can't reconcile is if that's really how you (and prescriptively others here) feel, why is there so much angry energy at the Democrats for what their doing.

It just sounds like you are convinced its going to be catastrophically bad for them (and who knows you may very well be right), yet I keep feeling like there's so much angry energy in these and countless other threads here on ATS decrying what the Dems are doing (as if, assuming you are correct, the Dems not doing it wouldn't actually be worse for Republicans).

As a Canadian looking in from the outside, I believe it is anger about the double standards the appear to be happening all around when it comes to both parties. The feeling of being treated unfairly and seeing others getting away with what your being punished for is a great way to make people real angry. When it is blatantly in your face, it would make you twice as mad.

What I am absolutely blown away by with this whole dog and pony show from both sides is what it is going to do for the future of your political system. What is the end goal besides impeaching and possibly removing Trump? The door has now been opened to create a crap show for every single presidential candidate for the foreseeable future..it makes no sense. If you think things are nasty and ineffective now, I wouldn't be looking forward to what happens to the next president because of feelz.

edit on 5-12-2019 by WalterTilley because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2019 by WalterTilley because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

Impeachment being used as a political weapon.

Which is par for the course after weaponizing the FBI and DOJ, and before that the IRS.

Anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty will admit it's a rail road job.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

What is the end goal besides impeaching and possibly removing Trump?

The White House.

Power at any cost,because they couldn't beat Trump in 2016, and they sure as snip can't in 2020.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
She’s still worried about this change.org petition for a vote of No Confidence. That motion cannot be tabled like the on to censure Schiff was.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, all I ever hear from the left is impeachment. I don't think they understand how that process works.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
All those Democratic Senators running for POTUS must now SUSPEND their campaigns .... I hope it drags on for months now exposing every Deepstate operative possible lol

Impeachment Could Mean Most Presidential Candidates Can’t Leave Washington, Or Talk. Sorry, Those Are (Really) The Rules.

See you at the Ballot Box !

edit on 1252019 by MetalThunder because: 7 7 7

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Impeach impeach, because we are so sad,
Orange man in the White House is so bad,
someone said that something they heard,
it's not evidence, but we will polish that turd.

Make it shiny and bright for all to see,
there was a hooker and she did pee,
there was collusion of this we are sure,
the house will go forward with hearts that are pure.

We have no bias, it is plain to all,
people heard people think they heard something on a call,
It's our duty to impeach and we do it with care,
we can't allow someone in charge with such terrible hair.

It's been three years and now is our chance,
we are going to get Trump, that old smarty pants!
yes, yes we must impeach the one who tweets,
while the homeless run rampant in our district's streets.

edit on 5-12-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

why is there so much angry energy at the Democrats for what their doing.

because they are setting more precedents that will be used by the majority when they don't have the power they want

right now, there is no CLEAR evidence the president committed a crime
that is very important imo for this process to be used
trump is a jackass, but the house dems are showing themselves to be much worse; and the reason I would add that trump won office
instead of attempting to work with the person the voters selected they are attempting another shortcut
instead of having an actual process we got adam schiff reading a "parody" of what is to be considered "evidence" of a crime

make no mistake, this in no way endears the gop to me, nor will a sham dismissal of this by the senate; but imo that is where this is headed
imo this is a bastardized use of our government and constitution; that does make me angry
it is a lazy half assed attempt by the house dems to overturn an election they lost and no more

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join