It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Green angry that impeachment isn't fair.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

“What subliminal message are we sending to the world when we have experts but not one person of color? Are we saying that there are no people of color who are experts on this topic of impeachment?” Green continued. He claimed the House committee was taking advantage of black voters without affording them equal representation in the impeachment process.

“I refuse to be ignored and taken for granted. I came here to represent the people who are ignored and taken for granted. Not one person of color among the constitutional scholars,” he said. “It seems that there’s a desire among some to have the output of people of color without input from the people of color.”

“I rise today to say that this is not about Democrats. It’s not about Republicans.It’s about fairness,” Green said. “It’s about whether or not we have matured to the point in this country where we’re going to treat all people equally.”

There you have it. This impeachment isn't about Trump, it's about racial equality. There isn't enough brown Trump haters being displayed for America to see. Why isn't there more brown people in this circus!

I wonder of Trump is equally as angry that he doesn't have anyone from the African American community telling him how horrible he is in front of the world and congress. People voted for Al Green. He is a representative. Apparently this is a big issue with him and his constituents. We need a call to action. We need Al Sharpton to fix this.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They might as well have got Obama up there. He's allegedly a Constitutional scholar. If they were looking for partisan hacks, he should have been their first choice.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

excellent point. Obviously time to scrap the whole thing because it's racist.

I just love it when you play with a snake and it bites you in the ass.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

“What subliminal message are we sending to the world when we have experts but not one person of color?

As a person of color- WHITE

I am thanking my lucky stars I wasn't a part of that snip show.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
"If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I"
Aerowsmith

We are most definatly 'Livin' on the Edge' when it is more important to some to have the right color balance in all things government. Why is there no color adjustment knob on Washington like on TV sets?

I was of the impression that someone must be judged by their actions and character but not their appearant skin pigmentation. When was this changed?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Personally I would have liked to have seen a Hispanic, an Asian, an Indian and an Eskimo as expert...

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
"If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I"
Aerowsmith

We are most definatly 'Livin' on the Edge' when it is more important to some to have the right color balance in all things government. Why is there no color adjustment knob on Washington like on TV sets?

I was of the impression that someone must be judged by their actions and character but not their appearant skin pigmentation. When was this changed?

It was actually The Yardbirds that said that. But yeah I agree

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I knew it was in a song and Google found the Aerosmith one first. The Yard Birds seem to be their inspiration for that line.

I sit corrected. I find it more comfortable than standing for typing.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Three words:

F# Al Green!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What a F#ing circus, dems should be embarrassed but they are too blinded by hate to see it.

edit on 12 5 2019 by stosh64 because: 2 o's

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Is it just me or does Al Green look like a shaved Cookie Monster?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Personally I would have liked to have seen a Hispanic, an Asian, an Indian and an Eskimo as expert...

Peace

Why not an ex-pat Australian Aborigine.

Or a squirrel.

These people don't realise that equal representation requires equal participation. Might not have been that way 100 years ago, but today there is ample opportunity.

And ramping up numbers just because, is bollocks. If it's not a natural formation of people who believe in a thing, then it's an agenda.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Peace

Why not an ex-pat Australian Aborigine.

Or a squirrel.

These people don't realise that equal representation requires equal participation. Might not have been that way 100 years ago, but today there is ample opportunity.

And ramping up numbers just because, is bollocks. If it's not a natural formation of people who believe in a thing, then it's an agenda.

I dont know about squirrels but the nut job category is well represented on the dais and in the congress. On both sides truly. Where are men and women of character and intelligence instead of these self-serving partisan hacks. Of course, we always knew our congress was full of asshats it just is ridiculous to see it played out daily on national tv to placate their egos LOL which in itself a little bit like Trump. LOL #NOT MY CONGRESS

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Times have changed in politics..

If there was a comparison between then and now, it'd be the democrats have become the willingly open mafia. Putting hits out, and smiling at the camera.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Didn’t the dems pick three of the four scholars? Ehh didn’t Tory pick Obama? I think Green’s accusing the wrong party of racism. Anyway, it’s absurd to pick a constitutional scholar based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion or anything other than expertise. So sick of this crap.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They might as well have got Obama up there. He's allegedly a Constitutional scholar. If they were looking for partisan hacks, he should have been their first choice.

As the saying goes, "know your enemy". Obama certainly took that saying seriously becoming a constitutional lawyer.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Construction worker, cop, cowboy...

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I remember when AL Green was elected to represent Black America … Wait? What the Hell … Folks I'm being told that AL Green wasn't elected to represent Black America, just the 9th Texas congressional district. A place where Hispanics make up the majority followed by Black Americans, Asian Americans, White Americans, and finally Native Americans in that order. So shouldn't he be more upset that there were no Hispanics on the board? Seems to me that Greenie is showing a little racism in his rantings again.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, that's a little nutty.

Can things get any crazier?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
30am Green....really....oh baby
I got to tell ya baaabyyee...you and me....have got to be....ah hey I, I, I..yeah it's true....still in love with you....awaya hyaaaaaaaI........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join