It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond The Minds Eye....anyone remember???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So one of my favorite videos from a LONG time ago is this one.

Any others here remember this? Oddly foreshadowing.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I feel like i watched a Tool album without the Tool.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
That first wave of CGI was so amazing. Those same guys did the 'Stanley and Stella' short, which is still cool.

My phone probably won't paste the link, but I'll give it a try:
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I was a nightclub DJ in the early 90’s and kept this in the VCR with twin projectors running all the time. I felt so futuristic and ready...ready for the world! Cue the techno..

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
this is nostalgia overload!

right down to the tracking lines at the bottom!!!

edit: meant as a reply to op, though the tool comment made me chuckle
edit on 5-12-2019 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

OMG … yeah, that is a total blast from the past. I can't even count how many times I watched this series of videos over the years. My favorite was the Gateway to the Mind's Eye #1 - These particular sequences most:

www.youtube.com...[/yvid]

www.youtube.com...[/yvid]

Quantum Mechanic !

edit on 5-12-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: screwed up the links first time .... kind of a normal thing I do often hah

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

it took me the best part of 10 minutes to get my brain to 'recapture' the feelings of seeing 'deeper' than the 2 dimensional images

the resonance of 'seeing' through the layers of metaphor/symbols stitched together to create a multi-dimensional fabric in my mind was foreign at first but like remembering youthful days gone by.... the minds eye finally engaged but the price paid was that the menu seemed Sophomoric …(but not in a critical sense)

the initial appetizer served to the viewer was kinda like my Astral Projections since my ~Age of Reason~ around 10-11 yrs... together with the gender-neutral bodies which were initially shown, so as to not cause undue anxiety to viewers...politeness or the prompting of future rainbow culture ?

new topics

top topics

join