It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on the impeachment of President Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: DBCowboy

“Your Honor, I never said the words face stabbing while I was trying to stab him in the face. INNOCENT!!!”

That’s your argument.

Attempted face stabbing is still a crime, and the way Donald Trump went about it, in true illegal Trumpian fashion is below the office of the President. And a clear threat by way of precedent to the foundation of American Democracy.

If you allow partisanship to color your vision of right and wrong, what a President should have the authority to do, and whether or not it’s ok to bend the constitution like Donald Trump is doing maybe the other people aren’t the bad guys in this story.

You should work for the BAMN folks.

Another bad assumption... that the poster doesn't already.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Trump is guilty. He needs to be thrown out of office.

Wouldn't expect any other response from you.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

While you dabble in hearsay and projection, most of America is dealing in reality.

'I want nothing, I want nothing, I want no quid pro quo.'

The inconvenient fact the left can’t get around. Plus, the corrupt impeachment process currently on display.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

“Your Honor, I never said the words face stabbing while I was trying to stab him in the face. INNOCENT!!!”

That’s your argument.

Attempted face stabbing is still a crime, and the way Donald Trump went about it, in true illegal Trumpian fashion is below the office of the President. And a clear threat by way of precedent to the foundation of American Democracy.

If you allow partisanship to color your vision of right and wrong, what a President should have the authority to do, and whether or not it’s ok to bend the constitution like Donald Trump is doing maybe the other people aren’t the bad guys in this story.

Fair assumption Lum....its....fair

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

That’s your argument.

Fair assumption Lum....its....fair

pphhtt.

The weather sometimes is fair.

Politics is never fair.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That’s your argument.

Get help.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: visitedbythem

You've just written part of a wonderful song lyrically..finish it.

Right?

I'm going to woodburn that quote on a nice bit of walnut wood I have and hang it on the wall.

It's....

perfect.

edit on 4-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The left wants peaches, but they are about to be creamed

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump said, "Have a nice day" a couple of months ago.

Democrats inferred that Trump meant something different. They "inferred" that Trump meant "I am going to stab you in the face with a salad fork" when Trump said, "Have a nice day".

Democrats are Wizards !!!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter

Democrats inferred that Trump meant something different. They "inferred" that Trump meant "I am going to stab you in the face with a salad fork" when Trump said, "Have a nice day".

Democrats are Wizards !!!

No, not wizards. They are "Enchanters"!!
Perhaps we should call them..............Tim?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Excellent Post/Thread! S&F.

But caution with exposing Democrats right now.

We want THE SENATE TRIAL to do it...complete with appropriate punishments.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I was mildly pleased with today's hearing; as I now see two possible outcomes.

1) The Democrats will fail once again to get their way; this time spectacularly. At which point they will have no choice but to realise their current methods of operation aren't working for them and their leaders have failed them. It is only through this kind of defeat that they could ever grow into the party I wish they were.

Or

2) They will be victorious at setting a new very low bar in holding a president to account.

From the only expert witness today that was able to leave his own political bias out of his testimony:

"Will slipshod impeachment make us less mad, or will it only give an invitation for the madness to follow in every future administration?"

I can actually live with that new precident. We all know that our political leaders have been using their elected positions to enrich themselves at the expense of the American people for quite a long time. Perhaps it is time to hold every president that comes here after to an extremely high standard. Even if that standard is unfair or unreasonable. We aren't talking about the local dog catcher, we are talking about some of the most powerful people in the world. With great power should come great responsibility.

And if this new precident is set; let's hope it grows beyond the presidency and we start to see Congressman also held to account over inferred wrong doing. If the two major political parties do get into a mode wherein they are ready to draw major blood over the smallest of infractions; maybe that will force them to be more civilized in order to avoid those infractions.

edit on 4-12-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Some poets don't even know it..

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

A very intuitive post. Thank-you. I hope they hurry up and vote before Christmas, while Pelosi has everything under control. Otherwise too many swing-state Democrats will defect, over the holidays.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

But this where we are with the left. It's about what they feel and what they fear, not what actually is.

Hate speech is speech they hate hearing. An impeachable offense is one they imagine must have occurred because the president is a man they hate doing things they cannot abide even if they aren't actually the same things as the imagined impeachable offenses (i.e. presuming he has the power to direct foreign policy over the career bureaucrats).

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It makes sense if you think about it.

They went from quid pro quo to bribery to extortion to obstruction of justice to abuse of power because they've inferred what he's said and did, not actually what he said and did.

They keep moving the goalposts because everything implied has been imaginary.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So, basically, the Dems sound like my ex, twisting my words around because she is a hateful, spiteful bitch out to get me.

Yep, sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Spent a lot of time on the road, so I had plenty of time to listen to the hearing and think. Which is always dangerous for me.

The democrats are wrong on this one.

Allow me to explain;

What most people and nations heard was, "Have a nice day" from President Trump.

Now have you ever said, "Have a nice day" and people replied, "What do you mean by that?"

Democrats are like that.

They inferred that Trump meant something different. They "inferred" that Trump meant "I am going to stab you in the face with a salad fork" when Trump said, "Have a nice day".

Wishing someone a nice day is not impeachable.

Face stabbing is. No one would argue that face-stabbing is NOT impeachable. Everyone would agree that face-stabbing is terrible.

We had 3 lawyers today testify that face-stabbing is terrible, unconstitutional, and impeachable.

The problem is, Trump never said a thing about face-stabbing.

The democrats are impeaching on what they inferred Trump meant.

Not on what he said, but what they think he meant.

That's why the 4th lawyer said it was a bad idea to impeach Trump because this was never about face-stabbing, but always about, "Have a nice day" which is not impeachable.

Imagine if we could impeach any future president based on what we think they meant, instead of what they said.

The democrats are wrong because as of right this second, there isn't one first hand account of anything, it has all been inference, conjecture and speculation.

The democrats are wrong because they choose to not take the issues they had to the judicial branch which is customary to produce real evidence.

The democrats are wrong because the impeachment process they are pursuing instead of all of America's real interests that are sitting on the house floor is not based on ANY factual evidence. In fact, not one piece of evidence that was presented would stand up in court in the current context.

This isn't a legal process, it's a partisan attempt at a coup because the dems know they have no chance at the coming election.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

This isn't a legal process, it's a partisan attempt at a coup because the dems know they have no chance at the coming election.

After everything I believe you hit the nail on the head when you say, "they know they have no chance" therefore they are desperate and grasping at anything and everything to smear the air Trump breathes, his family even his kids ! Despicable conduct IMO.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Helious

After everything I believe you hit the nail on the head when you say, "they know they have no chance" therefore they are desperate and grasping at anything and everything to smear the air Trump breathes, his family even his kids ! Despicable conduct IMO.

Listen, I have read every transcript, unfortunately, I have watched every witness testimony. Not only is it not damning for the President, it is downright scary for our country that the house majority would have the audacity to move forward on something so important to our country like overturning a general election based on myths, inferences and wild hunches.

I have seen a lot of things in politics, I have never seen this level of contemptuous malfeasance. This kind of ineptitude isn't on accident, this has been planned for probably before Trump took office and they were just always looking for the best way to get him into this position.

The problem with that is..... We as a country have suffered because of that agenda, the Russia collusion nonsense, the Mueller report, all of this spending of American tax payers dollars and the waste of your congress's time while Trump did his utter best to fix bad deals, repeal bad laws and renegotiate trades that is beneficial to all of us.

There are crimes that have been committed in Washington, that are being committed now, they are not by Trump. Trust me, when this is all said and done, we will be taking a closer look at the people that have perpetuated this nonsense and tried their utter best to divide and destroy this country.

This attempt at impeachment will not be remembered by history as an attempt to remove a corrupt president, it will be remembered as an attempt by a corrupt faction of our government trying to overturn the will the of the people.

Mark my words.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join