It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Voice Your Opinion to Nancy Pelosi About Impeachment? Not if You are Outside her District

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I wanted to email Nancy Pelosi to state my disdain for the impeachment of President Trump and found out she is discouraging emails from people that are outside her district. Seems really odd since she is the speaker of the house during a most important potential impeachment of a US President. I would think she would be open to all opinions. Not so:

pelosi.house.gov...

"Congresswoman Pelosi is unable to reply to any email from constituents outside of the 12th District of California. If you are not a constituent of the 12th District of California and would like to email Congresswoman Pelosi in her role as Speaker of the House, please email her here for a contact form.

Please enter your zip code to verify residency and go to the next step"

When I enter my zip code that is outside of her district this is the message:

"The zip code entered indicates that you reside outside the 12th Congressional District of California. Due to the large volume of US mail, emails and faxes I receive, I am only able to accept messages from residents of the 12th District.

If you are a resident of another district, I encourage you to use the Find Your Representative Service available at www.House.gov to learn how to contact your Representative in Congress."

Not a good look Nancy!
edit on 4-12-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: Add quote

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
I wanted to email Nancy Pelosi to state my disdain for the impeachment of President Trump and found out she is discouraging emails from people that are outside her district. Seems really odd since she is the speaker of the house during a most important potential impeachment of a US President. I would think she would be open to all opinions. Not so:

pelosi.house.gov...

"Congresswoman Pelosi is unable to reply to any email from constituents outside of the 12th District of California. If you are not a constituent of the 12th District of California and would like to email Congresswoman Pelosi in her role as Speaker of the House, please email her here for a contact form.

Please enter your zip code to verify residency and go to the next step"

When I enter my zip code that is outside of her district this is the message:

"The zip code entered indicates that you reside outside the 12th Congressional District of California. Due to the large volume of US mail, emails and faxes I receive, I am only able to accept messages from residents of the 12th District.

If you are a resident of another district, I encourage you to use the Find Your Representative Service available at www.House.gov to learn how to contact your Representative in Congress."

Not a good look Nancy!

Can't you Americans get it, once in office the rich has to bribe the politicians to remain rich, hell even Donald Trump understood that and also they, once in office seem to be "anti-American", something I believe in my heart and brain, President of the United States isn't.
edit on 1200000002342019-12-04T20:34:02-06:00340212pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I appreciate your response. We Americans expect for our voice to be heard by our Congress no matter what district in which we reside especially to the Speaker of the House during an impeachment. The impeachment process starts in the House of Representatives, so Nancy Pelosi should accept all feedback.

edit on 4-12-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Type for the Zip 94115 and the +4 is 4003

Your address is 1835 ELLIS ST, San Fransisco, CA

You are from the Jewish Community High School of the Bay.

Your phone number is (415) 345-9777

You're welcome in advance...

edit on 4-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Lol- Genius.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

They tell me I'm a bad person.

I like to think that it's not my fault... I was just made that way.

Anyways, new Jewish student, have fun with it!

edit on 4-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Wouldn't do any good.

We're not fit enough to decide the outcome of impeachment.

She's said as much.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
LOL
Not excepting any more emails, due to the high volume of current emails, telling her how much she sucks, from out of her district.

Probably getting a lot of the same, from in her district, so she's ignoring those as well.

I sure wish people were smart enough (general public), to have had enough, and get rid of the whole lot of them.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Pelosi is suppose to make some sort of announcement regarding their Spanish Inquistion.

Maybe she'll do the right thing after yesterday.

Not holding my breath.

video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

She went full on idiot.

edit on 5-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So they are definitely going for articles of impeachment- stupid nutcases. Her voice sounds like she had a hard time last night- maybe it was a whiskey night.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I hope the Senate obliterates them.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Me too, It will be very entertaining.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

quick - and blisteringly obvious question :

does ANYONE in either of the US chambers - answer unsolicited correspondence from people not resident in the area they represent ?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This is the pat answer for every district.

If you're not 'in it' you can't contact via email.

Send a snail mail.

Nany Pelosi
San Francisco District Office
90 7th Street
Suite 2-800
San Francisco, CA 94103

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Good question:

Here is Schiff's. He is open to communications from outside his district.

schiff.house.gov...

Jim Jordan has the same message as Pelosi:

jordan.house.gov...

So it seems like a toss up. It is wrong of any of the congress to discourage comments IMO.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I can understand why a congressperson might not want correspondence from people outside their district. There are a lot of people that they do NOT represent who would like to give them a piece of their mind and to put it frankly, they don't care. Nor should they, in my opinion. They are their to represent their district's interests, not anyone else's.

As far as Nancy Pelosi, however, she is not just a representative of her district, she is also Speaker Of The House Of Representatives and 3rd in line for the Presidency Of The United States! She most certainly should be accepting correspondence from anyone who has business with the US, not just citizens, but anyone who has an interest in the US. The same goes for any of our national representatives (i.e. POTUS, VPOTUS, FLOTUS, SCOTUS, Secretary of State, etc, etc.).

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Agreed and well said.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I have. But that was a long time ago. He did ask and I explained that his name came up as someone that would listen and get things done. I then dropped some local names...funny that later in his career he became Speaker twice. Karma when you do the right thing, I suppose.

Of course a little background check with the proper clearance might have been an influence as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is a load of crap.

Yes, there are 435 members of the House.

Yes, it would seem silly for me as a New Yorker to email one of the Reps from Alaska to "give them a piece of my mind" and expect an answer.

HOWEVER, if you're going to accept a leadership role you are no longer simply acting as a Representative of your district. Your actions as a leader affect far more than just your little corner of the country.

That's why those in leadership positions get significantly larger budgets, significantly more staff and significantly more resources. Oh, and more salary. The Speaker is paid 50k more than other Reps. Majority/Minority Leaders are paid about 20k more. Again, NOT INCLUDING massive staff and resources.

The actions of the Speaker/Minority Leader affect all Americans and therefore all Americans should be able to communicate with the Speaker.

If this is too much for an occupant of such a high office to handle, considering all the staff and money, perhaps step aside and allow someone else to take the position.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Of course not. Because nobody in her raggedy, homeless, drug infested district is going to disagree with her. And they call Trump the child...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join