It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco neighborhood funds program to power wash feces off the sidewalks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How is this even a thing? Defecating on a sidewalk intentionally? Tolerating it at a government level? Unbelievable

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wouldn't it be cheaper if they rented porta-potties for the homeless and had them pumped out every so often. Hell, maybe regular people out shopping would stop in and use them too.

I'm pretty sure they've tried that.

Damage/upkeep would be too expensive.

Actually, they have (or had) a "potty truck" that drives through the city every morning and every evening.

a potty truck driving around the city every morning and every evening, that is just insane?

Why is this such a big issue in sanfran and not in most other places?

edit on 411231America/ChicagoWed, 04 Dec 2019 21:41:38 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seems the city doesn't want to hurt the feelings of people who prefer to crap on sidewalks by ordering it stopped.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Seems the city doesn't want to hurt the feelings of people who prefer to crap on sidewalks by ordering it stopped.

I would love to ask these politicos if they have children. And, if they do, if they allowed them to simply crap on their rugs and not potty train them.

Would they be OK with their adult child crapping on their rug now?
What about one of these homeless, let them defecate in their home, on their kitchen floor, and not kick them out, but let them crash on their sofa.

edit on 12/4/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I haven't read through the entire thread (yet), but would this aerosolize pathogens?

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I would suggest finding out the reasons/causes of why such places are 'turning into' shiff-holes and address those issues. The words 'turning/turned into' suggest that these places were not previously like this.

So something has clearly changed. Something is going wrong. Why? What's the reason? Is it the local authority that's changed or doing something different, or is it the homeless people's circumstances that's changed? What are those people's circumstances anyway? Surely so many people aren't 'choosing' a homeless lifestyle?

The way to solve a problem isn't to endlessly clean up the ever-growing symptoms, but to take the time to track back to where and when things started to go wrong and what was it that happened/changed?

Hosing the streets once a week will soon not be enough, small problems back up and become bigger problems when no-one is addressing the causes.

If your car is beginning to run badly, giving it a wash won't fix it. Get the engine inspected, find/fix the faults. If it's unfixable, replace it.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Scary mentality those elected officials have.

One guys parents were a cop killer and he was a shoe in with the liberals.

They are in love with people and places they never been or met

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
How is this even a thing? Defecating on a sidewalk intentionally? Tolerating it at a government level? Unbelievable

If this was Singapore, the people in charge of canings would get carpal tunnel syndrome.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Blue Shift
Once again, all reasonable. The mints, almost mandatory and a great idea. You are clearly the right person to be czar.

Mints and Landmines working together!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why not use fire truck hoses and kill 2 birds with one stone.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There's a video "Why is Seattle Dying" that addresses a lot of this.

Most of the homeless are voluntarily so, its the easiest lifestyle to support their drug habit. The video shows new jersey having a lot of success with a program that has them come into a prison I think, sort of in-patient, for rehab and doctors visits.

I think a volunteer work-camp in a rural area would be a good start. Get them away from the dealers. I think the feds did this during the Great Depression, planned cities on the Oregon Idaho border...

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
There's a video "Why is Seattle Dying" that addresses a lot of this.
Most of the homeless are voluntarily so, its the easiest lifestyle to support their drug habit. The video shows new jersey having a lot of success with a program that has them come into a prison I think, sort of in-patient, for rehab and doctors visits.I think a volunteer work-camp in a rural area would be a good start. Get them away from the dealers. I think the feds did this during the Great Depression, planned cities on the Oregon Idaho border...

How to eradicate a sense of 'hopelessness' among America's drug addicted mentally ill derelicts. Find immediate family members and start asking the obvious: Why are you not looking after your children, siblings and leaving the state (the tax payer) to care for them? Dereliction of familial duty. There is the break down (family units/then society in general).

edit on 7-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

sometimes, They've got no shame.

And sometimes, you have a family member that just blows off the idea of being an adult. Sometimes you have to cut your losses.

I volunteered with a large homeless shelter when I lived in an urban area. A college kid staggers in. He asks to use the internet. Says he wants to contact his fathers lawyer. He had been a student at a large university, 500 miles away. He woke up in "my" town, being ejected from the county jail for time served. His parents had turned off his bank cards, changed the phone numbers of all family. He had called his father's lawyer from a pay phone, and the lawyer said to email, when the lad got out of jail and had proof from a counselor that he was no longer smoking meth.

Apparently, with no memory of it, he learned that he had used his student loan check to get high with his roommate. They had sold their cars, then raided his sister's college fund, then broken into his parents home while they were out, and sold most of the family jewelry, guns, etc, to the nearest pawn shops.

At some point, you cut the cord.

When they prey on their own family members, you have to say, "You're outta my hands. The cops are your family now. Go prey on them."

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The post by vethumanbeing reflects either a lack of knowledge and first-hand experience about how destructive and dangerous addicts/alcoholics can be, or massive investment in codependent enabling. Been there, done that; there is only so much a family can do unless they want to be destroyed right along with them. No.
edit on 8-12-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

What a great idea! Powerwash the feces off the sidewalk...and straight into the storm sewer, which is blatantly illegal. Then they can spend a few million cleaning the storm sewers...and wash the feces out to sea. Then they can lose millions in tourist revenues when the beaches close due to bacterial infections.

California - the most expensive cesspool in the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join