It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco neighborhood funds program to power wash feces off the sidewalks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
As for those who don't want to comform to society - - there's always tent dorms in the desert.

Why ruin our deserts? I'm sure we could reach an agreement with our good buddies in Russia to ship them to some forgotten gulag out in the middle of nowhere and keep them for pennies a day. Outsource the problem. Cargo plane them in. Put them in a camp 3,000 miles from the nearest person who speaks English and you wouldn't even have to build walls. The tundra wolves would be the guards. Maybe give them Internet, but... why bother?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

a reply to: Krakatoa
What is your solution to the problem? Seriously, we can all sit behind a screen, complain, and be horrified.
But, that solves nothing.

"No Loitering" signs might help, or "Tent/Sidewalk Crash Pads" will be towed 24hr notice"; of course citywide ordinance plans need to be in place. Monetize (bid it) the removal of offenders (normally nomadic by behavior anyway) by private companies is a WIN.

Hey! Thank you. For actually trying to address the issue.

It is a serious problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What is your solution to the problem?

Seriously, we can all sit behind a screen, complain, and be horrified.

My solution? Enforce loitering laws, and do not allow living and sleeping on the streets. Spend the $$$ from cleanup on opening/funding shelters. Provide tax incentives to local building owners who make parts of their building available for use as shelters. Invest in addiction assessment/treatment centers.

What is your problem?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think all those who live in that 30 block area should go to a real nice neighborhood and crap on the sidewalks there

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
I think all those who live in that 30 block area should go to a real nice neighborhood and crap on the sidewalks there

Some of those neighborhoods used to be nice.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is not a political issue; it's a human issue. This isn't just a poop problem. It's a sanitary problem. Not liberal-not conservative although it would be great if the private sector were more involved. The poop spraying is a private response and a good one unless there are sanitary problems. It's not poop it's people. Can't power spray them away.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That sounds like reasonable requests for the office.

edit:

You'll also need a laser point to point out any spots you dept workers miss. Don't settle for low wattage.
edit on 12/4/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So raw human waste directly into the rivers and sea.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

So, only liberals are homeless.

Did you tell all those mentally ill homeless people they're liberals?

And we don't count them anymore because of statistics?

Well, the homeless I talked to on the CA beaches - - say they're there because of the weather.

I never said the homeless were liberal, your creating straw man arguments because you can refute what I’m saying, which is:

Liberal policy’s created the issues you see in San Fran and Seattle

But I’m sure your rebuttal to that will be
“ so your saying we should burn down all city’s”

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Well, the homeless I talked to on the CA beaches - - say they're there because of the weather.

I never said the homeless were liberal, your creating straw man arguments because you can refute what I’m saying, which is:

Liberal policy’s created the issues you see in San Fran and Seattle

But I’m sure your rebuttal to that will be
“ so your saying we should burn down all city’s”

Not seeing the difference.

Liberals/Liberal policies.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

My solution? Enforce loitering laws, and do not allow living and sleeping on the streets. Spend the $$$ from cleanup on opening/funding shelters. Provide tax incentives to local building owners who make parts of their building available for use as shelters. Invest in addiction assessment/treatment centers.

What is your problem?

You don't think that's been tried?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What is your problem?

No. I don't.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

That sounds like reasonable requests for the office.
edit:
You'll also need a laser point to point out any spots you dept workers miss. Don't settle for low wattage.

I would hope that would be incorporated into my scepter. Oh, I forgot to mention that. A scepter and an orb filled with Imodium that I can hand out like mints.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What is your problem?

No. I don't.

Wastrels are not idiots. They congregate in areas they are least harassed (weather permitting).

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I'm glad you care about them. Invite them into your home, give them a meal, let them shower and use your loo. Wash their clothes. Perhaps they can sleep inside a bit. Make a lot of new friends that way.

Kind regards,

Bally

Show me where I said anything that relates to your post.

You care about them. You talked to them on the beach. They were there because of the weather. Just offering a small solution for someone who cares.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I'm glad you care about them. Invite them into your home, give them a meal, let them shower and use your loo. Wash their clothes. Perhaps they can sleep inside a bit. Make a lot of new friends that way.

Kind regards,

Bally

You care about them. You talked to them on the beach. They were there because of the weather. Just offering a small solution for someone who cares.

Kind regards,

Bally

I lived at the beach.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

Kind regards,

Bally

I lived at the beach.

Don't stop caring, give them your best help.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Once again, all reasonable. The mints, almost mandatory and a great idea. You are clearly the right person to be czar.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The pressure washer would aerosol much of the shi, I mean feces. These tiny droplets of poo would be in the air for, who knows how long ( 10 to 15 minutes traveling 10 maybe 20 yards).
I wouldn't think of doing that even in my level C suit ( see avatar to the left) with a PAPR unit. That and the liability of some one getting sick.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They could just paint the sidewalks brown and burn a lot of incense and make coprophagic flies the state bird.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join