It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco neighborhood funds program to power wash feces off the sidewalks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Maybe instead of porta potties, have mental health professionals on the streets with opportunities to relocate to health facilities loaded with meds, food, clothing and housing. Try to keep the families together.

If it's good enough for illegal aliens, it should be good enough for the citizens.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

They probably round them all up at election time and bus them to the voting booths, rewarding them with a meal and some kind of freebie for their trouble. If they're behind bars, no can do.

How Right Wing Trump Thumping of you.

Busing voters happens in both parties.

I see you have no solution.

edit on 4-12-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
Maybe instead of porta potties, have mental health professionals on the streets with opportunities to relocate to health facilities loaded with meds, food, clothing and housing. Try to keep the families together.

If it's good enough for illegal aliens, it should be good enough for the citizens.

Oh, you just had to throw that last dig in there, didn't you?

Since the mentally ill are being dumped in the streets to fend for themselves - - try a realistic solution.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yuck! Is the dissolved # going into the storm drains? This cannot be healthy! Doesn't this "sewage" wind up in a river or canal or the ocean? Talk about an environmental hazard...double dooty. The origin and the final destination are both health hazards.

California used to be the place to be. Newsom, et al, have turned it into one big #hole. So sad CA's leadership can't figure out how to solve this issue.

Money leeches are in politics and not for the benefit of the public in most cases. This is a prime example.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

When addressing the human side of the problem, rather than the poop side, the first thing to do is to sort through the people and find out exactly who is there because of some unfortunately circumstance, in a family, trying to live within the system, etc., as opposed to the people who for whatever reason despise normal society and decided that living on the streets is the best way for them to maintain their drug / crazy habits.

Then you can put together a more effective and fiscally efficient program accordingly.

link   

How about this...
Be a flipping adult and dont poop on a daggon sidewalk!

I mean, who here knows anybody that was told, "oh ya it's ok to poop in public, where everyone walks. It's so inconvenient to have to find a bathroom!"
It blows my mind...

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Call the EPA I wouldn't think washing that into the storm sewers would be legal.

Kills seals, otters, etc..

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Call the EPA I wouldn't think washing that into the storm sewers would be legal.

And the swimmers too.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They need to toughen up.
Poop Surfing
edit on 4-12-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Please quote where I said or insinuated that California was the only place this is happening. . .

This is happening lot of places and the shared factors are obvious, Seattle for instance is in the process of becoming the next San Fran. In Seattle they decided to stop prosecuting homeless for just about anything so that the statistics would look better. So now in Seattle you can be homeless, shop lift, and when the cop shows up you can be squatting in the street dropping a stink pickle, meth pipe smoking in your hand and 30 hits or less of heroin and/or meth in your pocket and you won’t be arrested and they won’t even take the drugs.

These are liberal policy’s that are destroying city’s across America and the world, what’s worse is that when you people create these horrible places that your then forced to move out of when your tired of cleaning human poop off of everything, you just try it in the next city because your all insane.

San Fran, Seattle, and now Spokane are all turning into homeless camps and it’s not because the politicians are to conservative, it’s because liberals have bad ideas that make for great stats and horrid living conditions.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

So, only liberals are homeless.

Did you tell all those mentally ill homeless people they're liberals?

And we don't count them anymore because of statistics?

Well, the homeless I talked to on the CA beaches - - say they're there because of the weather.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One of those odd twists

Nice weather in CA makes for sh*tty conditions in the city and in other states sh*tty weather makes for nicer conditions in the city.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am thinking that San Fran really needs to appoint a poop czar. Make it an elected position if need be. (Would be great political campaign signs to see).

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Krakatoa
What is your solution to the problem? Seriously, we can all sit behind a screen, complain, and be horrified.
But, that solves nothing.

"No Loitering" signs might help, or "Tent/Sidewalk Crash Pads" will be towed 24hr notice"; of course citywide ordinance plans need to be in place. Monetize (bid it) the removal of offenders (normally nomadic by behavior anyway) by private companies is a WIN.
edit on 4-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well, the homeless I talked to on the CA beaches - - say they're there because of the weather.

I'm glad you care about them. Invite them into your home, give them a meal, let them shower and use your loo. Wash their clothes. Perhaps they can sleep inside a bit. Make a lot of new friends that way.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I am thinking that San Fran really needs to appoint a poop czar. Make it an elected position if need be. (Would be great political campaign signs to see).

I would do it if I got to wear some kind of crown, and I got to be pulled around San Francisco in some kind of golden, LED-lit rickshaw.

link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

When addressing the human side of the problem, rather than the poop side, the first thing to do is to sort through the people and find out exactly who is there because of some unfortunately circumstance, in a family, trying to live within the system, etc., as opposed to the people who for whatever reason despise normal society and decided that living on the streets is the best way for them to maintain their drug / crazy habits.

Then you can put together a more effective and fiscally efficient program accordingly.

Yes.

I would build "Pod" apartment complexes on land that is not particularly desirable. Each floor would have a shower/bathroom area and individual lockers. I would designate floors to the ability of individuals. I would make it a work-for-rent - - those that are able (like maintenance, kitchen, etc). I would have a sorting process (as you say), to move them to units that have more amenities, less restrictions, etc.

These would be people picked up for more than one offense, but not criminal acts. Your choice: Jail or Pod.

#1 rule - - keep your area clean - - or you're out.

As for those who don't want to comform to society - - there's always tent dorms in the desert.

"Your rights end where mine begin" - - if I work hard to have a home - - you do not have the right to make it unlivable for me.

link   

Shocked you took offense. Facilities, etc should be available for all but especially those fragile citizens needing more than a place to poop.

There were no digs. There are basic human rights that should be provided for all, whether they are citizens, or aliens. No one wants to see others suffering. There's alot of money in SF as well as lots of non-profits for lesser needs like the symphony-for example.

Cool down.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I'm glad you care about them. Invite them into your home, give them a meal, let them shower and use your loo. Wash their clothes. Perhaps they can sleep inside a bit. Make a lot of new friends that way.

Kind regards,

Bally

Show me where I said anything that relates to your post.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

How many posters here have thrown Liberal into the discussion?

I thought we were discussing a serious health issue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join