It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Claims Asteroid WILL hit Earth in 2029

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PhatalError

Many smaller bodies have a greater surface area for ablation as it passes through the atmosphere, while a single large body will retain much more energy, just like using a shotgun slug.

In a way the fact that it's been put out there and then denied is worrying, so that if people come out with information they are already paddling up denile - the left is liars, the left is media.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Hey there you go, ONE TANGO NINER commencing operation Blue Shift.

Slice that puppy up like a banana or what you said.

edit on 7-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Author Claims Asteroid WILL hit Earth in 2029

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
NASA is not the only space agency on Earth, nor is it the only agency capable of plotting, with a high degree of accuracy, the orbit of a passing celestial body.

Therefore, even if Mr. Horn’s vision of an Earth impact in 2029 was a valid precognition, there would be many, many more people currently aware of the impending threat.

And so, it is highly unlikely that “the secret” would still be a secret.

Do you have a list of observatories which would have the ability to track Apophis and any perturbations of its orbit?

I know Goldstone and Arecibo took radar measurements but i thought that was only to determine its shape, size and composition.

As far as i'm aware only NASA / JPL have plotted its trajectory and impact risk.

I think it's been hidden by the Sun for a few years now and hasn't had orbit calculated since around 2013? I'm sure the Yarkovsky effect could have changed its predicted path somewhat in that period.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've started reading the book. Part of the problem with NASA's calculations that Apophis will NOT hit us is that the next flyby is 9-10 years out, AND that many many variables can affect the trajectory of the asteroid in that time. Therefore, even if every astronomer on the planet agrees right now that the asteroid will not hit the Earth, those things could change in 10 years. There is also some controversy over whether the astronomers calculating the asteroid's current trajectory are taking into account the proper values in their equations, or if they make mathematical assumptions that may or may not be true. I'm not a mathematician, so most of this is over my head.
edit on 9-12-2019 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So NASA appears to be adding to the coverup:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-12-2019 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

But...but what if the Mayans were actually right, but they had psychic visions instead of that terrible Roland Emmerich movie "2012?"

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Even if Apophis did hit, it's not big enough to cause any lasting damage. Obviously a few million might die and many more suffer inconvenience for a few years. But that'd be it. Billions will hardly be affected at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Which asteroid? All of the big ones that can slam Earth are bong tracked.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join