It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new progressive idea that families must be abolished to create social and economic equality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: The2Billies

Is also why low end jobs requiring both parents to work ridiculous hours destroys the family as well as welfares insanely low threshold for welfare for couples making it so a couple must choose to either divorce, not get married and live seperate to benefit from welfare or both work ridiculous hours most of one paycheck that goes into daycare.

Which is part of why poor families are single parents. It's easier for the mother to survive on welfare to care for a child with child support than it is for a couple to work the hours necessary to stay together and afford all the child care necessary just to work.

There needs to be more options to not only support but actually promote whole families rather than punish people for being in one and forcing their destruction.

This is why economic prosperity shouldn't be based on how well Wall St. is doing, it should be based on quality of life. Improving ones options for wage slavery isn't really improving that, except for the people it serves. I am fine with capitalism, it should be set up to work for more people though.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Uhh..this is beyond stupid, no one would want this, and yeah they can kiss my ass.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It seems the only "logical" conclusion they should have come up with, if their ideal is to force equality, would be to require "best practices." In other words, require bedtime stories, hugs, encouragement, singing, etc - whatever is BEST, not aiming for lowest common denominator.

But variation, I believe is best for human society as a whole. Some of the most important people are those who overcome difficulties.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

“I don’t think parents reading their children bedtime stories should constantly have in their minds the way that they are unfairly disadvantaging other people’s children, but I think they should have that thought occasionally,”

Isn't this the entire point of procreation? Everything I do in this world ultimately is directed at giving my children happy childhoods and advantages over their peers, advantages I sincerely hope they run with and end up running this cursed world with. If that "disadvantages" other children who are not my own, GOOD! Less rats, more cheese.

Are these damn fools so out of touch with the actual nature of humanity that they don't realize those children and their mother are effectively the only thing standing between someone like myself and going entirely rogue on this world? It sure as hell isn't empathy, love of my fellow man, or egaltarian values which I don't even prescribe to that keep me working, productive, and law abiding day over day... remove the personal feelings of responsibility, pride, and dare I say "ownership" (yeah, that'll likely trigger some poor bastard into waxing poetic against my caveman attitude, as if I give a squirt) over those children, MY children and watch this entire land burn to the ashes of Hell with me walking around with a can of gas and a book of matches. Without the family, there's no point in pretending to support the concept of society and civilization may as well hang itself because it will crack and burn.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Talk is cheap and like my daddy always said, thank God you're the competition.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Puppylove

with both parents being forced into the work place

Forced ? Nobody forces me to work, nor my wife. We are free to quit anytime. Or If i'm competent, and make more than average pay, maybe my wife doesnt have to work.
You are free to quit anytime, and then what? Collect unemployment for a while. Neither you nor Puppy get my point.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 7-12-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Abolishing the family per se is not the answer, what is needed is to raise the minimum wage to $21 per hour for each individual so as to create equality.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

How will that better anyone's life once welfare also increases and the prices for all goods and commodities climb naturally to address increased demand, all while everyone already making over $21 an hour sees much less of a wage increase, effectively driving the middle class even closer to the (new) poverty line. Make no mistake, either, $21 an hour would be the new poverty line same as minimum wage is poverty now.

The answer is to end ALL subsidies and give people a motivational push to better their position while not getting direct purchasing power competition from those happy to sit on their asses and let the tax payer handle the responsibility of funding their lazy lifestyle and human leech act. If you want to eat, have a phone, have a roof over your head, receive health care, etc show us you're not worthless to humanity by earning your own way... or go without and perish. Seems fair, intuitive, and 100% equality based. Everyone has an equal chance to provide for themself or fade away, entirely their own choice.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your a psychopath then. It's not like a person can acquire a job at will. It's a process. Also many people can't work for a time due to injury, illness etc. There's evidence even primitive man cared for their infirm.

If you honestly just want a sink or swim, be useful or die tomorrow world, then I hope you never become a dictator, because yeah, hell on earth.

My girlfriend just got her fist job. She loves it, but she's been abused, traumatized, starved, etc her entire life and is dealing with some reoccurring illness that may be MS or Lupus or something. She's been on medicaid and such for awhile now, just trying to get stable enough to work.

It's been years here with me, helping her stabilize her severe anxiety and PTSD from a lifetime of abuse, and getting her body healthy from years of starvation and malnutrition. She wants to contribute, and now has a job, is only part time. She's gone to work the last three days despite her body having shakes and jerkiness. Despite this, she not only did her job, she did it well, and has had nothing but compliments on her work, and is loved by everyone there.

In your world, she'd just be dead because she'd never have been given the opportunity or tools to get where she is now. So # your world.

The closest compromise between what you want and myself would be. Guaranteed health care, people need to be healthy to work, or in some cases to get back to work. Healthy, balanced and nutritious government provided meals for people not working. You don't get choices here, though medical conditions like allergies and intolerance is accounted for, no more food stamps. A government housing facility (Optional unless you have somewhere else to stay), with working showers and anything necessary for their meals. A government smartphone with restricted use, many jobs not only require you have one, but require you provide your own (My job for example.) This will assist with finding a job. Weekly government provided transportation for those looking for work to different job sites to acquire and put in applications. Transportation to and from doctors appointments. Appropriate gym equipment to help get people into working condition will be provided as well.

What people who aren't working will not get. Spending money. No money for non government facility housing. Privacy if using government facility housing, they are not living in their own home, their room can be searched for drugs or other paraphernalia if use is suspected. If found they will be required to participate in the on site program for addicts. They will be required to deal with on site job coaches, if not on site, will still have such coaches provided for them. The goal is to help and rehabilitate people back into the work force.

When possible jobs will be provided to acquire spending money, these will be little things even the handicap can do, part of the reason many don't work is they are too handicapped to get to work or deal with such scenarios or need special care. This will give them a way to contribute. I'm sure some job can be provided.

Exceptions will be made for those determine incapable of work, providing more services than those above due to being a humane society.

Now I personally think this system I just provided has some major issues and is a bit psychopathic, but it's at least somewhere between your just screw everyone who's not working period, and where I personally think people should start from.

With this system, everyone is still provided for, but there's emphasis on working, the tools to help people get back to work, and no money wasted on providing people with pleasure food and entertainments so they have incentive to get back to work.
edit on 12/7/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Abolishing the family per se is not the answer, what is needed is to raise the minimum wage to $21 per hour for each individual so as to create equality.

I thought it was $15.

Seriously, raising the minimum wage will mean all other wages raise too. Prices soar to match the wage increase. I have seen this since I first got minimum wage (less than $3 hour) and could buy a nice outfit for $5
One can not legislate equality. The poor have always been with us and always will be. It is our duty as humans to help them. But total equality of outcome is impossible unless one lives in a world like "The Giver"

I suggest you read the children's book "The Giver", not the pablum watered down movie, read the book. It shows a society exactly as you envision, everyone equal, everyone has equal outcome. BTW, the biological family is abolished to make this happen and long term loving bonds do not form.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

If it's so easy as to just arbitrarily raise the minimum like that, why $21? Wouldn't $30 be even better? Why not $50 or even $100?

Btw, I thought $15 was the proggie gold standard. Lemme guess ... In those places that do have a $15 minimum it's *not enough* because all those things we tell you will happen have happened - higher prices, less jobs, etc. - as the market adjusts to the new floor.
edit on 7-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Progressives seek to replace the family with the state. It seems this has been a goal of theirs for a long time.
Along with that, they hope to create conditions under which Americans will accept, maybe even clamor for, a borderless American Union of sorts, modeled after the E.U., Centralized governance with little to no representation or sovereignty.

When viewed through this lens, most of their actions begin to make sense. They spend millions, if not not billions, of dollars tugging on the threads that make up the fabric of our culture; the traditional family probably being the most important.
edit on 7-12-2019 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Bah, both sides seem to be doing just fine at destroying the traditional family.

The left tends to do it overtly with weird # like this.

The right tends to do it more discreetly by pushing policies and protecting corrupt practices that have a consequence of destroying families.

Technically the right does a much more efficient and effective job of family destruction as the left is so obvious it's more easily countered.

It's 'possible' the people leading on the right are doing it unintentionally by pushing policied that fit their ideals and not realizing and turning a blind eye to the consequences, but I doubt it.
edit on 12/7/2019 by Puppylove because: Damn phone

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

"Conservatives seek to replace the state with Wall Street..."

See how stupid these circle jerks are yet?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Enter human cattle. Truly a terrifying idea most like thought of by folks who are not parents themselves. As a parent it is not wrong, is you’re right to advantage your children. The failures of others does not need to be shared to force equality of outcome. People are citizens not property of the state.

What a horrid authoritarian idea strait from any dystopian novel. reply to: The2Billies

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

edit on 7-12-2019 by Rob808 because: Double post

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So what happens to the people who were already making 21$/hr, will they also see an increase in wage. The answer is NO. You’ll hurt the middle class with a move like that. Why be a skilled worker when you can earn just as much being unskilled?

Guess what will happen after the minimum wage goes up, so will the cost of living. The strength of the dollar will go down, meaning the cost of goods and your rent will go up. Bread will be 10$ a loaf, milk 14$ a gallon, a pound of chicken will be 12$. Many businesses will close, and millions of skilled workers now will find less work available.

You are short sighted.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Your story about your girlfriend is not her own. The reality is many struggle. However her being able to provide for herself is far more valuable than being given handouts... Even by you...

I lived in government housing briefly, saw lots of people not attempt to better themselves and be content with what they have. There ARE those who will leach from the system. Your proposed system will keep people in poverty, not help them climb out. You’re gutting the middle class...

a reply to: Puppylove

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Without a helping hand she would be dead. You're all proposing pulling the rug out from those who desperately need it simply becausr a few bad apples abuse it. That's bull#. That's like taking away all guns because a few bad apples abuse it. #ing hypocrites.

I don't believe in punishing innocent people simply because someone not related to them abuses something.

If you honestly believe people should be #ed over by the actions of the few, go turn in your guns and tear up the secind amendment.

I'll stay where I am and not be a hypocrite. Even you apparently got a helping hand at one point mr. lived in government housing briefly. #ing hypocrite.

As for my compromise system I said I didn't like. It provided tools and resources on site to help people better themselves though which is more than you're all offering.

Tossing people on the street and forgetting about them like you all propose most certainly does not do that as employers do not hire dirty starving people who haven't showed in a week. Nor will it help anyone with a medical condition recover.

Without medicaid and such my girl friend would be DEAD right now, and have made no progress to where she is today. She even got the help of a job coaching program to help people like her to get where she is today.

You guys want to take all those things away from people.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join