It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new progressive idea that families must be abolished to create social and economic equality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

No, it's a blame anything and everything else for some's personal faults and failures thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: The2Billies

Calling things, "fair" and using "equality" is like pounding kittens in the face with a hammer and calling it, "petting".

Freedom is equal opportunity.

Oppression is equal outcome.

But both sentences used the word, "equal" so both sentences must be good and true, right?

This has to be one of the best posts I've seen on ATS in a while.... It should be on a billboard in every city.

Hmmm.......

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So the jist is crappy people make crappy parents and kids deserve better...
Goodluck with that.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yep.

The monetary class struggle wasn't working out like they wanted, so they are trying victim class struggle.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Can someone please remind what Planet I'm living on again?

Have I died and ended up in some alternate reality on another planet?

Where am I?

Who am I?

Please.... tell me... I'm getting scared!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

If you never read Lois Lowry's book, The Giver, try it on for size. It seems to be a mix of it and 1984 the proggies are aiming for. And the movie is no substitute for the book.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nothing new to see here. Just another argument over who owns us.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You mean like when I feel guilty when I ace a test I didn't study for while someone else busts their ass studying and getting help but still only passes with a C? That kind of guilty?

Screw that. I may feel guilty but in the end I'm the idiot. I never graduated college and just got debt despite a 4.0, I bet that other person at least got a degree.

I also have innate artistic talents many people who know me are jealous of that goes to waste because it bores the # out of me.

For all I know my kids will have the same curse I do despite my best efforts.

I will not feel guilty for trying my best with my kids. That's a stupid notion, the only guilt a person should feel is not trying their best.

Like my guilt for squandering my intelligence or artistic talent. That's deserved guilt. If I try my best and fail or try my best and succeed, then feeling guilty is not only counter productive, it's idiotic.

If that C student got their degree and got a good job with it, they are a success even though the deck was stacked in my favor. I'm the failure and should feel guilty, not because I had higher base skill than they, but that they had stronger determination than I.

That determination is what this idiocy is fighting. We should always strive for better, never worse. If anyone should be made to feel guilty, it's those not striving their hardest to do right by their children, because in the end, the one thing the child needs to learn more than anything is drive. As long as the child can see and learn that drive by example from their parent they can go far, even with the deck stacked against them.

I never really picked up a strong drive, I'm an abundance of natural talent, I had in many ways, a deck stacked heavily in my favor. It, in the end, means little without that drive. I've gained some sense of drive in recent years, I've improved, but now have a failing body, so likely too little too late. We'll see. I've got lots to feel guilty about, but never, ever, should anyone ever feel guilty about trying their best or doing their best by others.
edit on 12/4/2019 by Puppylove because: Spelling and Grammar

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Just more communist bullcrap disguised as "intellectual" pigeon droppings.

Communists hate families.

Communists think the state should rear the children.

Screw 'em.

I just hope they get stung by jelly fish so I can piss all over them (to save their lives of course)

I'll bring a quarter barrel of beer, two lawn chairs and an umbrella. Just to make sure we have enough "medicine" to treat the victims.

Urgent care center.
edit on 4-12-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Why does every progressive idea lead to regression?

This country started going to hell when God was removed from the public and the nuclear family was shut down.

Whether you're a believer or not, we were in much better shape when God was still in the public and most stores were closed on Sundays. This washed over into Christmas and nativity scenes, etc. Making women think they didn't need a man ultimately led to single families and higher crime after combining the elimination of God.

In the 80's and 90's when I was in school, jaws would drop if someone didn't believe in God, now jaws drop when someone believes in God. Just the mere mention of Him in this forum will get a lot of people bent out of shape. Come on, America, get your # back together!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Imagine how much worse that would be when their "progressive" movement is already the blind leading the blind.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Imagine how much worse that would be when their "progressive" movement is already the blind leading the blind.

It'd be Planet Trophy, The Land of Lowered Expectations.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Calling things, "fair" and using "equality" is like pounding kittens in the face with a hammer and calling it, "petting".

Freedom is equal opportunity.

Oppression is equal outcome.

But both sentences used the word, "equal" so both sentences must be good and true, right?

I like that saying... Can I use it in my sig and credit you for it?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sure!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Consider me bent out of shape then. It's the relience on God for the arguments against this nonsense that's the issue. There are many rational and logical arguments against this way of thinking, but here you are, God this and God that.

The reason people gent bent out of shape when God gets brought up is that it's not a #ing argument. There's no logic, reason or rational when God is invoked, it's just a belief, it's no different than feelings. It's neither objective, nor rational, nor can it add anything to a reasoned argument.

God is a crutch and a terrible crutch at that. Stop relying on God and argue the issues. There are many logical reasons to live in ways promoted by your bible, it's most likely why they are in there. Argue those, you'll find a more receptive audience.

God says only means something if someone believes in God, but a well made argument backed by well thought out reasoning and logic can overcome most boundaries.

If the issue is that you cannot come up with a good well reasoned and logical argument for something you believe from your religion, then perhaps that should be a warning sign.

I believe most religions are myths and fantastical nonsense, that does not make every religious belief or philosophical idea nonsense, and having those ideas constantly lumped with the nonsense deminishes them.

You end up with people distancing themselves from the good parts, because they don't want to have to associate with the nonsense. The two keep getting tangled up together unfairly. If you can't argue, defend and promote your idea without invoking your religion, it's probably not a good idea.
edit on 12/4/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I also have innate artistic talents many people who know me are jealous of that goes to waste because it bores the # out of me.

That is an inherent unfairness. We need to do something to ensure everyone has the same artistic outcomes. Perhaps we can ban all art that is not stickfigures.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The left would lock me away for my parenting skills. I make my kids earn things from chores, etc. I also open them up to the lies we're told by democrats/progressives and my oldest 4 boys love Trump and Conservatives. My 3 year old son will sit and watch when I turn a Trump rally on the TV. "Daddy look! Donald Trump!"

They'd wanna lock me away in a concentration camp immediately.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Mucho grassy ass, Senor!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Eliminating God eliminated the Bible and living by it. When most of this country still believed in God, they followed His word. The people who didn't, their behavior was cancelled out by those who did. Now there are so many not living by the Word that it eats away at everything good this country stood for and was built on. There's no reason to get bent out of shape over it, you should encourage living the Word for the simple fact that the country was a lot better. Unless you think it's better now than it was in the 1990's and any era prior.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nonsense. People living by the WORD of God abused and tortured my girlfriend.

It wasn't people living by the word of God, it was a large number of things. One of which was a more stable family life. A lot more has changed than fewer people believing in the bible to make things as they are. The word of God has been in power through many of earths worst of times as well as best, because it's been around and a major influence for a long time.

You're attributing to God that which is circumstantial due to innate bias and picking and choosing a time that was good where many worshipped while ignoring all the bad times with the similarily devout.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join