It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So.. You're thinking about getting into VR

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ItsOkToBeHappy

I would actually recommend any headset for VR because VR is awesome... now Psvr has amazing games, it is great for that... but how you happen to get one with "zero SDE" is beyond me...maybe you just don't notice it... who knows

the quest does have some SDE...almost like little black dots all over, but the psvr is like looking through a screen door literally... it has the worst resolution on the market by a long margin.... but IF you're happy with it who really cares... lol

I would recommend the quest over psvr due to the fact that the resolution is so much better, but that pentile display gives that slight SDE, which is actually only noticeable in bright games... plus with the link you can open the rest of the games on the Rift and steam, which is a huge library... its completely wireless for its own games, and you can use an area like 10m x 10m... which gives the best freedom of any VR set... PSVR's camera, and tracking are just bad... whereas the quest is inside out tracking which will be the way of the future without a doubt...

Yes... the quest is very front heavy... and it literally hurts after a while using it... but... the PSvr halo crushes your head too.... or at least it did for me... after an hour or so I start getting a really bad head ache, which eventually makes it unplayable... thank God oculus improved the halo set 100%... I can play the Rift for hours and I almost forget I have it on.... said head crushing from the PSVR was far worse then the heavy brick on your face with the quest for me personally... I can play quest for an hour or so.... take it off for a bit, then get right back into it... but with the psvr set I had to quit because my head throbbed

to each their own though... I know people that love psvr…. their exclusive game library is awesome too

This post was specifically for the oculus sets because they're designed to get more people into VR.... they're amazing and affordable... psvr will run you about $800 with the whole VR setup and the ps4... Or IF you already have a ps4 you're still talking $400.... same price as quest or Rift S

in any case... its all about getting into VR because its awesome... doesn't matter what set you have or prefer

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have looked at vr for a long time. Being on the fence I felt it wasn't my cupot because it needed to much computing power to my likings. When I was roaming some tech sites last november, I discovered that the quest was out for a good 7 months. I instantly knew this was my cue to jump in. I ordered it the same day and was lucky enough to recieve the gem the next day.

I can recommend it to anyone who is on the fence. The time is now.

My next step into this world will be when a 8k capable device will come out. Untill then the quest will do as an all in one, being gaming, netflixing or even using my pc from afar.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: D.Wolf

www.pimax.com...

IF you have the cash, you can get 8k... though I've heard pimax sets don't work with all games

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yeah I saw some options on ali too but I will wait till oculus takes the step. They are doing some awesome beta stuff with controler free hand motion and some groundbraking graphics rendering. I think if we let them play with their new toy for a while, the next generation will benefit like never before. I like to see some augmented reality introduced on the quest. That would break the gamer free from the rl blindness and create unlimited play grounds.

I would want to see a big player like mojo jump into the vr concert market. I bet this is the best time ever to open it up.

I see big things to come and am glad I can witness the actual revolution first hand.

Money isn't the problem, but my next move will have the same fence to sit on before I jump.

Maybe ultra-d can make a difference, losing the need for dual screens all together. The quest was my cue, the rest is in the future.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join