It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar bear spray-painted with 'T-34' baffles Russia wildlife experts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that everyone has thus far been incorrect in their assumptions. This just an older version of the terminators pet. See most people don't realize that the t100 came equipped with a furry sidekick, apparently this one has forgotten its programming and got loose.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

We had about 5 regulars, some Blacks and a few Browns. They would eat fruit from the tree's, break into the garbage trailer(destroyed), learned how to open unlocked cars..took us a few times to figure that out(installed camera's)

They did not have enough fear, they might show up at 8 am, or sometimes in the middle of the day, had to be armed after a close call.

We brought a big Mastiff to stay there and the bears pretty much lost interest.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Has it been ruled out that the image wasn't photoshopped?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You have to be more "woke" then this people..how could you miss the fact that the polar bear is now identifying as a T-34 tank.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I saw this on the news this morning...

Not around my equipment atm but I have this feeling this video is dodgy..

The "T" seems to be sticking out above his back at points.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

We are in a remote mining site.
The site is so big, you can see it from space. I just checked on Google Earth - which is a very outdated image, and the perimeter around the site is 18 km long.
With the ever expansion of our mining footprint here, it just wouldn't be cost feasible to continually add to a fence that long.
Not to mention a lot of the terrain here is very rugged.

It's the bear's territory.
We're just trying to share the space with them lol.

Heres a video I shot a few years back with one of my drones.
There were 8 bears hanging out at our dumpsite and I thought that was a lot at the time.

ETA: WOW! I just noticed one of my videos has over 3.3k views!
edit on 4-12-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Oh theyre smart lil buggers.

We had to change all the office door handles and entrance door handles, because there was one that would just open the front door to one of our buildings, and help himself to the fridge in the kitchen.
I came to my office one morning and the place was destroyed.
There were dirty little bear cub footprints all the way into my office.
The prints went to my desk, on my chair and all over my keyboard.
It looked as if he was trying to use my computer lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley
a reply to: interupt42

You have to be more "woke" then this people..how could you miss the fact that the polar bear is now identifying as a T-34 tank.

True, you can take my woke card away.

But if you look closely and tilt your phone the t-34 becomes Epstein didn't kill himself

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This is a silly season story.

Polar bears are endangered and also very dangerous. This bear is clearly part of some study or management program. It was tranquilized, tagged and the released. There is no way that a bear would stand still long enough to tag it otherwise. And if it had been awake it could have killed the person tagging it.

The fact that it says T-34 is probably just a coincidence. There's probably T-33 around somewhere.

Based on the fact that it was visually tagged but doesn't seem to have a radio collar this was most likely just some local management programs. They tranquilized it, moved it away from human habitation and then tagged it so that people could see if the same bear returned to its original location.

The scientist doing the talking in the article is probably just angry that they weren't included in whatever effort this is. Conservationists can be very territorial and they don't like it when other groups get involved without telling them. It's just part of their competitive nature, they don't like not being at the center of whatever it is that they are studying.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They tried to raise awareness before with spraypainting a polarbear...

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
They tried to raise awareness before with spraypainting a polarbear...

Peace

You may be on to something there.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh crap!!!! It got out!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: vonclod

Oh theyre smart lil buggers.

We had to change all the office door handles and entrance door handles, because there was one that would just open the front door to one of our buildings, and help himself to the fridge in the kitchen.
I came to my office one morning and the place was destroyed.
There were dirty little bear cub footprints all the way into my office.
The prints went to my desk, on my chair and all over my keyboard.
It looked as if he was trying to use my computer lol.

It's funny kinda, they are pretty curious, just don't get in between mom and cubs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join