It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Election Tampering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I honestly would like to get a serious discussion out of this post, to really see how this whole ordeal is seen by others but I know it will turn into some mud slinging and get shut down, should I post it anywhere else but here.

...sigh...

Maybe you guys and gals can help me with something. I'm trying to make sense of all of the BS that's spouted about Election Tampering. I don't get how another country can effectively sway an election in another supposedly educated country. I do understand and see how it can be done in a 3rd world country.

Election Tampering - An act that the US has been actively pursuing to mold 3rd world countries for whatever reason we see fit for as long as anyone can remember. The US is only one of many world powers that have been doing this repeatedly. It's a fact that all of the major powers have been doing this to other countries, 3rd world and even against major powers. It's not unheard of and I don't believe anyone can really dispute this.

Why then is it such a big issue? Russia influences our elections, we influence theirs, we all influence other countries to be on 'our team', especially when we stick it to another country that we're trying to show up. It's a constant chest puffing contest against each other's enemies and ultimately the world as a whole. We do it to Russia... Russia does it to us... Yet, it seems that the only time it really matters is when a specific opposing political party feels that it's causing them lost votes. ....or an excuse is needed for losing their votes.

Like we seen in the 2016 election, everyone was up in arms about Russia meddling in our affairs. Not only that but a whole political rival supported the idea that Russia didn't only influence our election (how do you influence rational --cough--cough-- thinking, educated people?) but our current president willfully asked for that help. If we're a free people, then we also have the freedom to choose and elect who we deem worthy. How did Russia actually pull off making me change my vote? Did they stand in the booth with me? No. Did they point a gun to my head? No. Did they spill some supposed bad secrets about the political rivals? Supposedly, but why is that a bad thing? All bad news should be welcomed before you make a mistake and put that bad guy in office over the whole USA.

Were the information put out there all lies? Dunno. Don't care. I, as a human being of sound mind and reason can support my own thoughts, decisions and ideals in a way that no one can influence my choice in who I vote for if I don't want them to. If someone comes up with an idea that might sway my belief, I'm all ears. Tell me and I might... I might not.

Still.... It's wrong. It must be because so many people were making a huge stink about it.

ok... So let's say that it IS wrong. I can go with that. Russia shouldn't influence elections on our country. Can you stop it? No. Do you know it's happening at all times? No.

The point? What can you do about it? Will it work? Is it in vain? Are you wasting your time? Will you go on your merry way and continue your miserable existence on this earth?

ok, really... Let's say that it IS wrong and we all agree.

Enter...... The Google. The Youtube. The Facebook. The Reddit. All other loud voices in the internet media world...

It's illegal for another country to totally wreck our voting system here in America and all hell breaks loose when it happens, yet a big-wig monopoly that pays almost nothing of its fare share in taxes who constantly steals our personal information, sells it and acts like it's above all laws. Companies that can lay waste to our free thinking by making us believe anything it wants, sways our thoughts and reasons with lies and slowly takes away our will to think for ourselves by using shady psychological tactics that maybe could be considered inhumane via the Geneva Convention... For these companies, news outlets and medias, it's perfectly ok... Hell, we even encourage them, it seems. Those same people who are against countries assisting a republican ticket will even say.... So don't log on to google or facebook or youtube and you wont have to worry about it.

Seriously? Hypocrite much?

How is it possible that a monster media outlet like Google and Youtube and Facebook can block information from literally one whole side of our political spectrum IN A FREE COUNTRY because they don't like that side, while propping up the other side because it caters to them? How is this possible? How is this legal? It's influencing our country far more than another country can. Yet these same companies will squelch whatever speech, whatever ads, whatever knowledge from other countries who are suppressed simply because their dictators say it has to. Do we even know good and bad anymore? Do we honestly understand right and wrong or has that become so murky today that pretty much anything goes? This is Chaos! This is Madness!

It's ok for Google to block political ads from a rival political party so it's choice in governing our country is influenced by a major power of their own choosing. Isn't this worse than Russia? I say it is.

It was just brought to light that OVER 300 Trump Ads Were Taken Down by Google and Youtube.

Sounds like election tampering to me. Where is the outcry? Where is the impeachment? Where is the jail time? The rage of the left?

I can't believe I'm saying this but this all looks like a mad conspiratorial action against a whole half of the US. If it's this easy to shut out an entire political spectrum of a 1st world country, then how easy it is to say.... Start rounding up everyone that sways republican and putting them in cages? Can't happen?

Never thought massive sized monopolies could overtake and fraud our country while assuring laws are made in it's own favor while gagging almost literally half of our country, so much so that our right to vote is pointless and in vain and who we decide to lead us becomes a mocked electee so that it's nearly impossible to get anything done in that persons term making it a completely pointless practice for all except the opposing side.

Do Democrats not see a problem with this? Does not one Democrat see how much of a mockery the left is making of our country? Can't you see the 'My Way or Die' stance of the left?

For those who say that this is normal, it's always been and always will be... I say No! This country has NOT been this fragile since the civil war. It gives me a sense of something ominous coming... Something terrible... Something that will change the freedoms of the once free people of the US of A for the rest of our history. I honestly believe this once great country is finally coming to an end, being ripped apart from the inside by it's own insanity and hypocrisy. Open your eyes America. Something is coming and it wont be pretty.

Our freedoms Are Coming To An End Quickly!
edit on 3-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Why then is it such a big issue? Russia influences our elections, we influence theirs, we all influence other countries to be on 'our team', especially when we stick it to another country that we're trying to show up.

They create the issue to polarize people to get out and vote.

And yes We do meddle in other countries elections, and they meddle in ours.

Tit for TAT, but the NPCS ignore it because they can't think for themselves.

Google and Facebook are the new gestapo arm of that Oh so special party called the D.

Do Democrats not see a problem with this? Does not one Democrat see how much of a mockery the left is making of our country? Can't you see the 'My Way or Die' stance of the left?

They have deluded themselves in to thinking their the saviors of the Republic. Hell bent on power at any cost.

Something that will change the freedoms of the once free people of the US of A for the rest of our history

We've already gotten a taste of this between being no longer able to practice our second amendment right, now we can no longer practice our first amendment right.

Whats coming?

Some bullsnip like this.

A wealth tax is like a property tax, but instead of just taxing buildings and land, it taxes everything someone owns, diamonds, helicopters, paintings, rare pets, you name it.

Instead of just straight up taxing people's wealth, Batchelder says, the government could instead be more aggressive in taxing the gains from wealth. What she proposes is known as an accrual tax.

NPR for effs sake

www.npr.org...

That's GAME OVER.

Homes,401s,pensions YOU NAME IT.

Whoever controls the money wins the game.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
Because the next chosen one LOST and ppl cant apparently deal with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Whistleblowers at from Cambridge analytics admitted they targeted 'pursuadables' through various forms of viral marketing and forced propaganda from simply data mining what they liked or disliked, and it actually worked according to them. All they needed was a platform, facebook, and they got it.

I think a new age of meddling and influencing is upon us. It might not be 'direct', like what the US, or Russia, did by destabilizing entire nations, but it will be through just blatant misguidance of where people navigate on the internet, or where they are corralled to look.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I honestly would like to get a serious discussion out of this post, to really see how this whole ordeal is seen by others but I know it will turn into some mud slinging and get shut down, should I post it anywhere else but here.

...sigh...

Maybe you guys and gals can help me with something. I'm trying to make sense of all of the BS that's spouted about Election Tampering. I don't get how another country can effectively sway an election in another supposedly educated country. I do understand and see how it can be done in a 3rd world country.

Election Tampering - An act that the US has been actively pursuing to mold 3rd world countries for whatever reason we see fit for as long as anyone can remember. The US is only one of many world powers that have been doing this repeatedly. It's a fact that all of the major powers have been doing this to other countries, 3rd world and even against major powers. It's not unheard of and I don't believe anyone can really dispute this.

Why then is it such a big issue? Russia influences our elections, we influence theirs, we all influence other countries to be on 'our team', especially when we stick it to another country that we're trying to show up. It's a constant chest puffing contest against each other's enemies and ultimately the world as a whole. We do it to Russia... Russia does it to us... Yet, it seems that the only time it really matters is when a specific opposing political party feels that it's causing them lost votes. ....or an excuse is needed for losing their votes.

Like we seen in the 2016 election, everyone was up in arms about Russia meddling in our affairs. Not only that but a whole political rival supported the idea that Russia didn't only influence our election (how do you influence rational --cough--cough-- thinking, educated people?) but our current president willfully asked for that help. If we're a free people, then we also have the freedom to choose and elect who we deem worthy. How did Russia actually pull off making me change my vote? Did they stand in the booth with me? No. Did they point a gun to my head? No. Did they spill some supposed bad secrets about the political rivals? Supposedly, but why is that a bad thing? All bad news should be welcomed before you make a mistake and put that bad guy in office over the whole USA.

Were the information put out there all lies? Dunno. Don't care. I, as a human being of sound mind and reason can support my own thoughts, decisions and ideals in a way that no one can influence my choice in who I vote for if I don't want them to. If someone comes up with an idea that might sway my belief, I'm all ears. Tell me and I might... I might not.

Still.... It's wrong. It must be because so many people were making a huge stink about it.

ok... So let's say that it IS wrong. I can go with that. Russia shouldn't influence elections on our country. Can you stop it? No. Do you know it's happening at all times? No.

The point? What can you do about it? Will it work? Is it in vain? Are you wasting your time? Will you go on your merry way and continue your miserable existence on this earth?

ok, really... Let's say that it IS wrong and we all agree.

Enter...... The Google. The Youtube. The Facebook. The Reddit. All other loud voices in the internet media world...

It's illegal for another country to totally wreck our voting system here in America and all hell breaks loose when it happens, yet a big-wig monopoly that pays almost nothing of its fare share in taxes who constantly steals our personal information, sells it and acts like it's above all laws. Companies that can lay waste to our free thinking by making us believe anything it wants, sways our thoughts and reasons with lies and slowly takes away our will to think for ourselves by using shady psychological tactics that maybe could be considered inhumane via the Geneva Convention... For these companies, news outlets and medias, it's perfectly ok... Hell, we even encourage them, it seems. Those same people who are against countries assisting a republican ticket will even say.... So don't log on to google or facebook or youtube and you wont have to worry about it.

Seriously? Hypocrite much?

How is it possible that a monster media outlet like Google and Youtube and Facebook can block information from literally one whole side of our political spectrum IN A FREE COUNTRY because they don't like that side, while propping up the other side because it caters to them? How is this possible? How is this legal? It's influencing our country far more than another country can. Yet these same companies will squelch whatever speech, whatever ads, whatever knowledge from other countries who are suppressed simply because their dictators say it has to. Do we even know good and bad anymore? Do we honestly understand right and wrong or has that become so murky today that pretty much anything goes? This is Chaos! This is Madness!

It's ok for Google to block political ads from a rival political party so it's choice in governing our country is influenced by a major power of their own choosing. Isn't this worse than Russia? I say it is.

It was just brought to light that OVER 300 Trump Ads Were Taken Down by Google and Youtube.

Sounds like election tampering to me. Where is the outcry? Where is the impeachment? Where is the jail time? The rage of the left?

I can't believe I'm saying this but this all looks like a mad conspiratorial action against a whole half of the US. If it's this easy to shut out an entire political spectrum of a 1st world country, then how easy it is to say.... Start rounding up everyone that sways republican and putting them in cages? Can't happen?

Never thought massive sized monopolies could overtake and fraud our country while assuring laws are made in it's own favor while gagging almost literally half of our country, so much so that our right to vote is pointless and in vain and who we decide to lead us becomes a mocked electee so that it's nearly impossible to get anything done in that persons term making it a completely pointless practice for all except the opposing side.

Not a bad try in taking sides...but, when you realise it was a bird dog that selected Herr Trump, then you will realise you have been well and truly, 'Trumped'

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You know how big companies pay big money for advertising?

You know they track the demographics to verify that they are getting value from their advertising and that the advertising is effective.

You know how you, and everyone you know, have knowledge of the big name brands and their products even when there are similar no-name products which may be better, or cheaper, or locally relevant, or whatever.

Well, influencing an election is exactly the same.

You make yourself a brand that everyone knows, you denigrate your opponents brand, you gather demographic information on the success or otherwise of your advertising. Rinse and repeat until you are the top brand.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Tit for TAT, but the NPCS ignore it because they can't think for themselves.

Did you mean the NPCs*, the latest, right politically, 'fad' that really is about the fad users themselves, who themselves should be more aptly expressed as, the real Non-Plussed Characters.....

NPC* non-player character.

edit on 3-12-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I mean Trump haters.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I mean Trump haters.

Well, you were warned about Trump some time before he threw his hat in the ring...by some as well as by me.
My opinion is that Trump is a person of special needs, and is not fit to be in a position of power. That allows me some positive ambivalence of the man, but only if he is in a controlled situation by those that are qualified to modify his behaviour, I don't see too much of that happening though, certainly not in the administration now.

So, it's the Non-Plussed Characters on the American,'right' who need to face the realities of their man in power.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

My opinion is that Trump is a person of special needs, and is not fit to be in a position of power.

Fortunately for America, your opinion doesn't actually count here.

Now how about you address the actual OP instead of your TDS and let's talk about election meddling?

For instance, if the 2016 elections really were rigged and the Russians did it, would you support an investigation into why Obama and Biden allowed it to happen?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I just hope the free countries interfere as much as the thug dictatorships and bestial kingdoms.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The hypocrisy I see is,

Social media, youtube, search engines etc OPENLY censor, ban, bury conservative viewpoints and conservative content

Heavily, heavily HEAVILY influencing any election or popular opinion within a population. Heavily influencing.

And this is OPENLY supported by, well, we know who it’s supported by. “If you don’t like it don’t use facebook”

But then.......a Russian posts a meme

“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE dRumph only won because of russian influence REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

Ze Russians influenced the election. Yeah right.

I think that this last time around, the biggest single influence of the election cycle, was candidate Trump himself. His words. His presence. His policies.

I think that this next time around, the biggest influencers of the election cycle, will be the dEmocrat party, the media and the rhetoric of their hateful, intolerant followers.

Not social media. Not Russia. Not China. Not even mohammed.

The actions and words of what is perceived as “the left”, have already decided the 2020 election winner.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

My opinion is that Trump is a person of special needs, and is not fit to be in a position of power.

Fortunately for America, your opinion doesn't actually count here.

Now how about you address the actual OP instead of your TDS and let's talk about election meddling?

For instance, if the 2016 elections really were rigged and the Russians did it, would you support an investigation into why Obama and Biden allowed it to happen?

I thought they said there was no evidence for meddling, prior to loosing to Trump.

new topics

top topics

join