It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House report outlines evidence for Trump impeachment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
"he is a deranged human being"

wow

pretty strong stuff

I love Trump... this is the most fun I've had watching anything to do with politics... ever!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Checks and balances.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well then.

Trump as Commander in Chief doesn't get the last word in matters that effect war?

Like Money going to another country?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataliep
This report is very damaging .

I know, the democratic party is imploding, and it is a beautiful thing to see.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It's a scary thing to see.

They're literally rewriting executive power.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
300 sheets of paper makes for a mighty thick nothingburger.
edit on 4-12-2019 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
300 sheets of paper makes for a mighty thick nothingburger.

More like an "Impossible Burger" really.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is a 3-ring circus.

Pandering
Posturing

And America is suffering

link   
For those forgetting or just flat out ignoring.

The President.

The executive.

Sets foreign policy.

A House in Congress DOES NOT.
edit on 4-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

The money to support Ukraine in its war against Russia was in a bill. The bill was passed by congress then went to the president.

He signed off on it.

Trump's Hold on Ukrainian Military Aid was Illegal

There are two relevant budgetary statutes that are implicated by Trump withholding military aid for Ukraine: apportionment authority and the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). Both laws are intended to restrict the executive branch from undermining Congress’s “power of the purse” under the Constitution.

The Ukraine funding was held up through use of OMB’s apportionment authority. Apportionments are legally binding documents utilized by OMB to ensure agencies spend money effectively and efficiently during the fiscal year. Agencies are prohibited from spending in excess of an apportionment. Under longstanding guidance, apportionments are approved by OMB career officials.

Apportionments cannot change policy decisions reflected in statute; the Government Accountability Office has made clear that “the apportionment process cannot alter or otherwise affect the operation of statutory requirements concerning the availability or use of appropriated funds.”

In addition, any delay of funding potentially implicates the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). Passed in the wake of President Richard Nixon’s refusal to spend lawfully appropriated funding, the ICA restricts the circumstances in which a president can defer spending funds. The ICA’s definition of a “deferral” is broad:

“deferral of budget authority” includes—

(A) withholding or delaying the obligation or expenditure of budget authority (whether by establishing reserves or otherwise) provided for projects or activities; or

(B) any other type of Executive action or inaction which effectively precludes the obligation or expenditure of budget authority, including authority to obligate by contract in advance of appropriations as specifically authorized by law;

Under the ICA, a deferral is only allowable in a few limited circumstances:

Deferrals shall be permissible only—

(1) to provide for contingencies;

(2) to achieve savings made possible by or through changes in requirements or greater efficiency of operations; or

(3) as specifically provided by law.

No officer or employee of the United States may defer any budget authority for any other purpose.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

But he can do anything he wants because he's El Presidente. If you disagree you have the TDS.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Trump should have just said, "If you like your funding, you can keep your funding".

Then dems would have backed it.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

What's the number of the actual bill from the congressional website?

Instead of here's a snip article that confirms my bias.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
you are simply mistaken
or misunderstand
www.law.cornell.edu...

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

On a side note, Trump is not a sovereign, but US national interest was in supporting Ukraine in their war with Russia.

on a side note
trump as the head of the executive branch is in charge of diplomacy and foreign relations
nice try tho
civics is your friend

Trump withholding congressionally approved funds to Ukrain that was meant to aid in it defense to pressure a foreign governments president to aid his political campaign by publicly announcing investigations into a political rival was against the best interest of the US. And as such can be and should be deemed as treason.

nope
evaluating foreign aid is in no way a crime
Presidents do have broad powers to condition aid to foreign nations.
Ukraine is by all who would speak on the subject deemed a corrupt government

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
For those forgetting or just flat out ignoring.

The President.

The executive.

Sets foreign policy.

A House in Congress DOES NOT.

whoa whoa whoa
that doesn't suit their narrative
actual real civics destroys their bs story
you cant bring that here

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Lays out a plot with Rudy Giuliani and Donald J Trump at the center.

A plot to get at the root of the corruption surrounding the Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election by conspiring with the demwits.

Yep. Looks like they are making great progress. Thanks for noticing.

But I guess I should still expect this senate to acquit and totally blow the oath they took to uphold the constitution.

They won't acquit. You are totally wrong.

The fact is, impeachment is dead. No way the House puts any Articles to a vote.

They are accessories after the fact in a plot to exploit a foreign leader to manufacture and disburse dirt on his political rival.

Yeah, except the President of Ukraine just repeated again that this is simply not true.

But go ahead, keep repeating these lies to yourself, maybe you can create a new reality for yourself using the law of attraction/quantum physics.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
$400 million!

Wouldn't even last an hour on todays battlefield.

What a freggin FARCE.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well hell, I will admit when I am wrong and I was wrong. I am a fan of facts. We are not at war so legally there was no treason. I am somewhat mollified at being wrong because it should shut Neo up with his claims of treason against some of the Dems.

So him withholding the funds wasn't Treason but still illegal.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You don't consider seizing phone records, leaks of national security matters, and D secret meetings, and refusing Republicans full participation in the Schiff show to be treason ?

Ok what should it be called ?

And I'll never shut up.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You don't consider seizing phone records, leaks of national security matters, and D secret meetings, and refusing Republicans full participation in the Schiff show to be treason ?

Ok what should it be called ?

And I'll never shut up.

Technically it would be considered "sedition". But, even that is a stretch IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join