It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler was the driving force behind the "Volkswagen"!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I did not know this! I'm just flabbergasted!

In the 1930s, cars cost more than most people earned in a year. When Hitler became the chancellor of Germany in 1933, he promoted the idea of a car affordable enough for the average working person. The Volkswagen, which means "people's car" in German, was essentially a political promise to win the public's goodwill.
Hitler met with automotive designer Ferdinand Porsche in 1933 and charged Porsche with creating the new car. The chancellor required that the Volkswagen carry two adults and three children, go up to 60 miles per hour, get at least 33 miles per gallon, and cost only 1,000 reichsmarks. Hitler may also have named the car the Beetle.
ask.yahoo.com...

www.oldandsold.com...

www.vsvwa.freeservers.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yes, that's true. It was the original "People's Car".

If you'd like to see a lot of really interesting information on that, check out the history channel's listings in your area and look for a Full Throttle episode on the VW Beetle, really interesting.

X

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Really? I'm surprised, I thought that this was well known. You do know that B and W is the Bavarian Motor Works and that they were also part of the nazi industrial regime no? Their symbol, the blue and white symbol, is in fact supposed to be a spinning propellor from a nazi war plane, since they made engines for warplanes. Hitler was also instrumental in creating the Autobahn and various other features of modern germany. A sick bastard to be sure tho.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No...I'm not much on "Hitler" history other than then the obvious of the world war....so I didn't know this....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Really? I'm surprised, I thought that this was well known. You do know that B and W is the Bavarian Motor Works and that they were also part of the nazi industrial regime no? Their symbol, the blue and white symbol, is in fact supposed to be a spinning propellor from a nazi war plane, since they made engines for warplanes. Hitler was also instrumental in creating the Autobahn and various other features of modern germany. A sick bastard to be sure tho.

Yup, and Mitsubishi made the Kamakazies that terrorized the Pacific.

The only winning side to war with America is the losing side. Think about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The only winning side to war with America is the losing side. Think about it.

Brilliant, really.

Just thought I'd mention that.(this line is to avoid one line violation)

X

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No...I'm not much on "Hitler" history

I can understand that, I can't bring myself to read Mein Kampf or even the interetsing 'second book of hitler', because I simply refuse to find myself sympathizing with someone who wrought all that. Similarly, I can't bring myself to read the Communist Manifesto or those sorts of things, all though marxist thought in sociology and anthopology is apparently important and influential enough that I might have to.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

No...I'm not much on "Hitler" history

I can understand that, I can't bring myself to read Mein Kampf or even the interetsing 'second book of hitler', because I simply refuse to find myself sympathizing with someone who wrought all that. Similarly, I can't bring myself to read the Communist Manifesto or those sorts of things, all though marxist thought in sociology and anthopology is apparently important and influential enough that I might have to.

You should really try to read Mein Kampf, I think you would find the book to be a real interesting piece. It shows Hitler's view of society, so you're getting, in effect, a view of the world through the eyes of what we all seem to agree was a madman. It may even shock you that not everything he said was the product of lunacy. You're rather cynical(not an attack), so you'd be well served by reading it.

X

new topics

top topics

join