It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one country can meddle in elections at a time.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton condemned Sen. John Kennedy on Monday for "parroting Russian propaganda" after the Louisiana Republican said he believed "both Russia and Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election."

"Sen. Kennedy, why are you parroting Russian propaganda that U.S. intelligence officials tell us are designed to divide our country?" Clinton asked in a tweet. "Did you miss the briefing that day?"

www.usatoday.com...

but, but......

www.politico.com...

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

This bit of propaganda has been spun early and often. The left has been trying to push the idea that only Russia meddled in our elections. Any other claims are just more Russian fake news. All the pundits are following orders. Chuck Todd is all in. But they all ignore the news reports that say JUST THAT.

With the amount of effort put into "finding who meddled in the 2016 election", you would think that any news or help on that front would be welcomed, but that just isn't the case. The narrative they spun was missing some facts. Mueller didn't even know who some key players were. (Fusion GPS) And he was the guy in charge of that investigation. How that didn't even phase democrats just shows that they aren't at all interested in facts or truth, but only in a favorable outcome for them.

Be sure you shut this down fast, if more people can read, and are shown these news articles from back in 2017, then Team idiot left may have some credibility problems. Just be sure the only things people here are what you want them to. Otherwise, they might start to wise up. Hell, even a few democrats may have some integrity. Who knows.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Aside from actually changing votes at the ballot box, there are quite a few countries that meddle regularly... We probably take the cake. A quick example of one (people may see it in different extremes) is Obama campaigning for Macron in France.

Both sides spin it to a degree at home in regards to what happened in 2016, though at the end of the day, I suppose it may boil down to an opinion.

The democrats act as if Russia solely helped Trump to win the election.

Some republicans act as if nothing happened at all, others note and focus on the Steele dossier.

Personally I feel it's much more nuanced than that. Per FBI director Wray-

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Wednesday that Russia continues to use fake news, propaganda and covert operations to "spin up" Americans on both sides of hot-button issues to sow discord in the United States.
link

Ironically, Russia has been worse off in some ways after the election of Trump, yet many will still tow the line of "collusion". Yet they ignore things like Obama getting caught with the hot mic talking to a representative with Russia, saying something of the likes "I'll be more flexible after the election"... AKA, hold face so I can scratch your back later.

In reality, I think the biggest thing that helped Trump was this nations obsession with reality entertainment media. That is, our saturated punditry aimed at emotion to keep people tuned in so they can rake in the dough. It's estimated that Trump got billions in free publicity, much of which before he was even a front runner.

Personally, I think there is lots of meddling with elections... Ironically, factions of the US are the biggest domestic distributors and exporters. But again, that's my opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

that is pretty much why I wrote the OP. But when you can see the corruption and lies first hand, it's interesting to see how the left will play it. They sure as hell won't admit to it, but it's so blatant, it's impossible to miss. I look forward to seeing how it's handled.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
But but but
There is zero evidence that the Clinton campaign was working with the Ukraine
ZERO.
But it makes a nice distraction for those who are easily distracted.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
But but but
There is zero evidence that the Clinton campaign was working with the Ukraine
ZERO.
But it makes a nice distraction for those who are easily distracted.

Other than those pesky news articles as one was listed in the OP. Don't get dizzy.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You mean the Russian propaganda that they have spewed all over the place?
That proves NOTHING.
Where is the actual evidence? Not the rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

what did the independent US investigation that looked into the Ukraine say? Oh snap, there wasn't one? Then I suppose we will have to take your word for it, that the POLITICO article was false. How about you link me to the retraction they did so I can ask that this OP be removed.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That proves NOTHING.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia. But they were far less concerted or centrally directed than Russia’s alleged hacking and dissemination of Democratic emails.

Just prove this isn't true, and you have a case. If you can't, then perhaps this is the actual evidence you are looking for so diligently.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton condemned Sen. John Kennedy on Monday for "parroting Russian propaganda" after the Louisiana Republican said he believed "both Russia and Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election."

Stupid senator.

Didn't he know he's suppose to peddle Clinton propaganda instead?

Like a dossier she and the DNC paid seven figures to a foreign SPY to meddle in the 2016 election.

Footnote.

I Absolutely HATE that piece of # that calls herself an American.
edit on 3-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

too bad every investigation said they didnt rely on the dossier then huh?
Yeah too bad that argument falls apart when you look closely.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That proves NOTHING.

Like the Steele Dossier?

Former National Security Council official Fiona Hill told Congress on Thursday that Russians likely “played” Christopher Steele, the former British spy whose anti-Trump dossier the FBI used to conduct surveillance against the Trump campaign.

How bout those virtual apples comrade?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For anyone still trying to make honest sense of this--or new to the topic--Hillary herself references Russia's attempt to sow discord in that tweet.

With that admission and knowing that, consider Christopher Steele's fact-deprived dossier and it's easy to see that Steele got used by Russian disinfo from his second and third-hand "sources."

Not to mention that Steele was also working on behalf of Russian "Oligarch" Derispaska while Fusion GPS was also in the employ of the Russian government to overturn sanctions from the Magnitsky act. There's your Russian "discord."

Add to that the FACT that during the Uranium 1 sale process the DOJ buried information from various confidential sources and operatives that Putin was maneuvering to corner the uranium market which they hid so as not to affect the sale. Thank Mueller & Rosenstein for that coverup.

All the Russian stooges and collusion is demonstrably those who are screaming RUSSIA!! while pointing their fingers elsewhere. Further, Silly and others who refuse to follow the clear evidence are the ones doing Russia's heavy lifting.

As far as Ukraine even Politico has done stories about certain factions mucking around in our elections.
edit on 3-12-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yeah Silly.

They RELIED on FAKING FISA warrants.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

But the FBI withheld from the American public and Congress, until months later, that Steele had been paid to find his dirt on Trump by a firm doing political opposition research for the Democratic Party and for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, and that Steele himself harbored hatred for Trump.

The FBI even paid Steele

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Don't call ME the communist.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The real problem is not that Russia interfered in the election... they tried to. I'm sure China did as well, and Ukraine, and France, and the UK and Spain and Germany... heck, Nepal probably tried to interfere. And as CriticalStinker says, we are actually pretty good at interfering in their elections. That's been going on since before everyone here was a twinkle in their daddy's eye and it'll be going on when our grandkids are telling their grandkids about the good old days before everyone had semiconductors implanted in their heads at birth.

No, the real problem is who used what country to do what. If I am a cop and I am searching a house for something that I was told is probably in the kitchen, and every time I ask what's in the bedroom the homeowner goes nuts and tries to get the Chief to fire me, I'm going to get a sneaky suspicion that there may be something interesting in that bedroom too. That's just simple deductive reasoning. Russia in this case is the kitchen, and Ukraine is the bedroom, just in case anyone doesn't get the metaphor. And of course, Zelensky just opened the bedroom door and Trump is peeking in.

If anyone is truly concerned about who did what in an election, all one has to do is look at who is crying "Foul!" the loudest, who is demanding that no one look where, and who is being targeted/where they are looking when the targeting happens. Then follow the clues to the truth.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thats the take away from Steele being PLAYED BY THE RUSSIANS ?

So WHAT do you call those pushing RUSSIAN Propaganda?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ok whatever.

And Carter Page wasn't talking to the Russians and no Russians were ever in trump tower and no russians ever talked to trump or his people and no russians hacked the DNC as a matter of fact Russia probably doesn't even exist right?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yeah, the dossier story is moot dear. It wasnt used to obtain the warrant.
How many ways do people have to be shown or how often do they have to be told.
Facts dont matter. Only the rhetoric matters.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It wasnt used to obtain the warrant.

The email exchanges show the FBI was aware — before it secured the now-infamous warrant — that there were intelligence community concerns about the reliability of the main evidence used to support it: the Christopher Steele dossier.

NOT moot because it clearly shows that not only did Clinton and the DNC pay a foreign actor to meddle in the 2016 election, but the FBI was in on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join