It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Men book caught up in sexism row after student, 24, accuses Mr Clever of 'mansplaining'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This is so stupid, I don't know which forum to post it in, so MODS do move it if it's in wrong forum. It's nothing special but just read the most stupidest thing I've read in a while on daily mail website... it's so stupid that I had to bring it here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...-comments

Mr Men writers have been accused of 'mansplaining' and 'sexism' all because of this scene between Mr Clever and Miss Curious:

scene in which Mr Clever and Little Miss Curious discuss the Forth Bridge. It reads: ‘Mr Clever explained that it was named after the River Forth. Little Miss Curious thought for a moment. “So what happened to the River First, the River Second and the River Third?” she asked.

Mr Clever sighed. It was going to be a very long day.’

Poor little Feminist student Mrs Shelby Judge was so offended, she complained to the bookmakers!

She said: ‘The Mr Men books are intended for children and it’s telling them “girls, you need to be stupid and men, it’s your job to explain things”.’

oh really? So Mrs Shelby Judge, you don't mine children being manipulated by the LGBTQ crowd but you do mind a children's book which is comedic and fun with funny characters being read by children who love to laugh when reading these books??

What has this World become? These Feminists and LGBTQ crowd have nothing better to do than to go around finding fault with everything around them.

Would be much better if people like Mrs Shelby Judge weren't on this planet!

edit on 3-12-2019 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Reminds me of this song and the days of Mary Whitehouse. Vile woman.

edit on 12/3/2019 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Why does Mr Bump have to get injured and hurt all the time?

I mean, look at the state of the poor guy,

Why can't Little Miss Sunshine take some of the flak for a change?

Answers on a postcard,... 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Interesting... if I had read this book to my kids, I think we would have had a very different perspective.

It was actually a very astute observation on Miss Curious' part and a perfectly cromulent question. Not sure who/what Mr. Clever is or why Mr. Clever was too arsed by the little girl's question to use the opportunity to explain homonyms, alternate spellings, etc. I sure hope he isn't the girl's (or anyone's) teacher!

It seems to me that Miss Curious comes off MUCH better in this tale than Mr. (not so) Clever...

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
People ask me face-palm worthy questions everyday.
Male, female, trans, human.
What does it matter?
Stupid is stupid, it does not discriminate.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Did Mr Clever also explain to Little Miss Curious how many men died building that bridge ?

and then went on to explain the inequality of workplace fatalities

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

see my post about the inequality of workplace accidents , injuries and fatalities

Mr Bump is a reflection of reality

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
An ignorant nobody incapable of creating anything or doing anything good, so the only way to get her 15 minutes of fame is to complain about nothing. Making her a double fool.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It seems I vaguely recall these characters from the 1980’s in stories meant for little children? Complex character development doesn’t work well in younger children’s literature. I think someone needs go back and watch some more sanitized cartoons like the voice over work in old Tom and Jerry cartoons. And see if they are pleased with the results or more offended that original academy award winning voice work and dialogue was changed to reflect modern times making some actions disjointed.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Snowflake, well , because ...

Plus all these other Feminazi characters she could have picked on ...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-12-2019 by Cymru because: Add Wiki link

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

So how is anyone ever supposed to teach and/or explain anything to anyone without 'splaining?? Is every male teacher doomed to man-splain every teaching they do?? My dog tells me when she needs to go outside, should I tell her to stop dog-splaining?? Sheesh, this is getting beyond ridiculous.

I teach people all of the time in ways they can protect their debit cards from fraud and thank the gods I live in a small town where people, oddly enough, are a little more sane than that. It's actually nice to hear people say thank you, rather than having to fear of man-splaining to my female customers.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The most worrying thing about all this is that Little Miss Stupid from Stirling has a vote in the General Election next week :O

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It'll work itself out. They're all starting to eat each other. Shelby has been told that she's strong and she doesn't need a man to tell her anything. Shelby will grow up to be a vile little man hating girl. Shelby will look for things to be offended by anytime she sees or hears a man speak. By the time Shelby is 40, she will look as miserable as Nancy Pelosi because stress and the constant need to be offended will eat away at her from the inside and outside. Shelby is a product of the progressive movement that has reared its ugly head so high that America has taken notice and will joyfully sit back and watch the movement destroy itself from within. Poor pitiful Shelby never stood a chance.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Maybe she made such a big deal over this just to see
her name in the news!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So many "woke" stupid people.

Everyday is a new adventure in Idiocracy.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
It seems I vaguely recall these characters from the 1980’s in stories meant for little children? Complex character development doesn’t work well in younger children’s literature. I think someone needs go back and watch some more sanitized cartoons like the voice over work in old Tom and Jerry cartoons. And see if they are pleased with the results or more offended that original academy award winning voice work and dialogue was changed to reflect modern times making some actions disjointed.

Regarding the 80's, what today's kids need are more shows like Reading Rainbow (not the same rainbow that's reading to them today) and short segments like In A Minute. I think reruns from the 80's would do just fine.

"In your opinion, what would happen if you told a lie?" These are the good old days I'd like to see come back. When kids were still held responsible and cartoons like GI Joe and short segments like below actually taught kids things.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This reminds me of a situation I observed at the store:
A dad had just explained why trans-fat's were bad for the body. The kid then asked if mommy's transgender friend was also bad. The dad said that some kinds of trans are ok, but others are not, to which the kid said I don't understand. The dad agreed.

I wondered if the story was read by a cross dressing alternative gender-identified person, wound it still be bad to "Mansplain" the situation? What if we start calling it "Trans-splaining" instead? Would billinnials and progressives die from "Rapid Cranial Expansion" (or RCE)? Stupid doesn't do these kinds of people justice.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Simple way to shut down these types of things is to respond in two ways:

1 - The Gentle explanation: If a woman doesn't understand or know something and a man shares his knowledge of said subject then that would technically be Mansplaining so when a woman does the same to a man that would be womansplaining.

2 - Shut up you fool!

I'll allow you to decide which one to go with.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

This is actually an excellent point!

Isn't Shelby Snowflake (from the OP) being a Zenophobe under the current leftist definition of societal conduct?

Perhaps this is the method to combat this madness. Fight fire with fire.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

this is scotland , by the time she is 40 she will have a tach and look like a man with a haircut like eddie izzard

and make up to boot

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join