It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The IG Report, One Week To Go

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
We are officially less than a week from the release of the long anticipated IG report. As such I thought it would be prudent to lay out my expectations and get some feedback on what the ATS community expects it will contain. I have not seen the report so this is all conjecture based on what we know about the investigation and what has been leaked.

Before I dive deeper into the narrative construction that I think is currently ongoing and will continue to happen, I want to lay out some important distinctions.
1) The IG report is one piece of the puzzle. It is not the end all be all. That is the durham/barr/and-maybe-huber? investigations.
1a) As such, I don't think we should expect it to blow wide open the corruption. It will open the can a little further but it's not going to burst open for the world to see the blatant corruption and spying.
2) The IG is only an investigative team. They cannot indict, convict, or sentence anyone.
3) The IG (horowitz) can only interview current government employees. He has no jurisdiction over anyone no longer in the government.
4) The IG (horowitz) has a specific purview, in this case that is the DoJ, which includes the FBI.
4a) That excludes the intelligence community, who has their own IG
5) Any conclusions that the IG makes, whether favorable or unfavorable to your political beliefs, is based solely on the information he has access to
6) The IG is investigating the FISA application process, nothing more, nothing less

What's going to happen on Dec 9:
With that out of the way here's what I think is going to happen. Horowitz will have documented around half a dozen illegalities committed by the FBI in handling the FISA application. Mostly falsification of evidence and failure to disclose exculpatory evidence. He will further document political bias in the process.

So that stuff will be sent to barr for review and a determination on prosecution. What barr does is anyone's guess. He chose not to prosecute the last go around, but since then he has appointed durham and made it known he thinks there was a lot of criminal activity going on. But what I do expect from barr is a press conference or a letter released with the IG report. That letter/press conference will outline that the information in the IG report is what led to the appointment of durham whose probe has turned into a criminal investigation. I hope he gives out some more facts from the durham investigation that we may not yet be aware of, that will help us better understand what we're looking at when durham brings this all home.

The democrat/MSM response:
They will do their best to ignore the barr press conference or letter. The way they'll cover that is by calling barr "rogue" or by saying he's stringing people along to keep them interested. They will hone in on anything they can find in the report that minimizes the wrongdoing of the bad actors in the FBI/DoJ. If the IG report concludes that there was no material wrongdoing (ie, the wrongdoing didn't affect the outcome of the FISA application being granted) they will claim barr is trying to politicize the DoJ as the "unbiased" IG said there was no material wrongdoing despite the mistakes that were made.

The wildcard:
I have a theory (and it's only that) where the IG has actually uncovered too much corruption to simply gloss over and claim it was immaterial to the outcome. This would seem to be counter-intuitive to the leaks we've gotten from clinesmith and page. But that's part of the ruse. In this theory the IG has included, in each section that the principles were allowed to review, a line that reads something like this:

'Despite the clear illegality of this action, the FISA warrant would have been granted, regardless.'

Each principle will think that while they may go down, the operation was a success and well enough covered to prevent the rest of the deep state illegalities from being exposed. It also pushes them in the direction of a false narrative that will be exposed upon the full release of the report. The report will conclude that while each individual action on its own would not have materially changed the outcome of the FISA application, the sum total of all of the actions resulted in abuse of the FISA system which undermined the required integrity of both the FBI/DoJ and the FISA court system.

If this is the case, I expect a rash of indictments.

Shower thoughts:
We are now a week out and we have only had two leaks, clinesmith and page. There have to be at least a dozen people implicated or exonerated by this report, so why do we have so few leaks?

This report was supposed to be out in may, it is now 6 months later. Why was it so delayed? Was it to move the durham investigation forward past this stage (doj/FBI)? If that's the case, shouldn't there be indictments coming from durham soon?

Is it possible the durham investigation is basically complete? That the only steps left are interviewing the perps and as such it is now OK to release the FISA report?

If the report shows FISA abuse, this will be the second IG report that shows obama's people abusing the FISA system. I think we may need to shut it down. Shouldn't the ACLU be all over that?

What say you, ATS fellows?
edit on 2-12-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The IG report will be another dud just like every other "bombshell" of the past few years. Both sides will be given enough ammo to claim "victory" and then the goalposts will be moved yet again to another "bombshell" deadline in the near future.

Quote me if you like, I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong. I seriously doubt it though.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock... keep holding your breath guys.
edit on 12/3/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

None of them have been duds. I guess if you're saying will the media cover it if it's bad for dems, then you're right, they won't they'll claim it's a dud. Strzok, mccabe, page, et al who have been fired from their jobs because of horowitz investigations probably wouldn't agree that they've all been duds.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Who's gone to jail? Name one person and maybe you'll have a point.

I'll be waiting.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Maybe you missed this line in the OP:

2) The IG is only an investigative team. They cannot indict, convict, or sentence anyone.

ETA:
If you are only satisfied by jail time, the durham investigation is the one you're waiting for. It's criminal.
edit on 3-12-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Ah, so the Durham investigation will be the next "bombshell" that moves the date back yet again. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Never heard of it before but it makes sense that it's in the pipeline. I wonder how long they can keep people chasing their tails?

And no names? I didn't think so.
edit on 12/3/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Ah, so the Durham investigation will be the next "bombshell" that moves the date back yet again.

No, the next bombshell is on december 9th. It's what this thread is about. Just because it doesn't result in prison doesn't mean it's not a bombshell. Who went to prison after snowden? Was it not a bombshell to learn of the government surveillance apparatus? You'll notice no one in the government seems to go to jail for these things. While we hope that changes with the durham investigation, learning of the corruption in these reports is fundamental to being an informed citizen and voter.

Never heard of it before but it makes sense that it's in the pipeline.

You've never heard of the durham investigation? really?

I wonder how long they can keep people chasing their tails?

How is uncovering government corruption and malfeasance chasing ones tail?

And no names?

Of people convicted for corruption? Bob Ney, Duke Cunningham, and William Jefferson all were. We're going to see some more with durham. If you honestly don't know about durham you're about as ignorant as you can get on the matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Could it be delayed again?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I doubt it. Graham said it (dec 9th) was set in stone. Horowitz will be testifying on the 11th.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I guess that's the most solid two reasons (Graham sad and Horowitz on 12/11) for this 12/9 date being the real deal this time.

Still...something's not quite right. We've got Horowitz's report and Durham's investigation and a big Declassification of documents, all related to each other. Seems that putting out Horowitz's report and/or the declassifications that Congress has asked for, could handicap Durham.

This criminal scandal spans YEARS and encompasses Obama's White House/DOJ/FBI/CIA/STATE DEPT/MSM/Italy/Australia/UK...and more. It's huge.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Ok. Let's wait for it..but I must say I too am a bit pessimistic that anything concrete will come of it. In a sense...will any of the "big" players going to be named ? or is some lowly clerk gonna be thrown under the bus for "incompetence" ?

More than likely it will roll out similar to Comeys "reveleations" about Hillary. Sure, she broke the law...everyone is on board with that...but...nothing came of it in the end. As if it never happened.

What I hate about these things is...and it is already in the works...the other side will simply deny the report. Call it partisan. And presto. For their voting base that's enough, and for the opposition...they are going to have to watch nothing being done about it.

Funny thing is, in order for anything to be done on any report, it needs to be bi partisan....or nothing will come of it. Same thing for Trump's impeachment.

Just waste of money and people's time.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think that's probably why it has been delayed. And it's what makes me hopeful that the indictments are coming. Durham has to be past this part of his investigation. I can't see them allowing the DOJ/FBI portion to come out if they're too far away from bringing the whole case home.'

I think this is the first domino and that the others will fall fairly quickly afterward. It was reported that horowitz has been working with barr and the senate judiciary committee on how to roll this out. That doesn't make any sense if this is just a report on its own, so it has to be a report that is part of something larger. They'll need to let it sink in for a couple weeks before the next phase of the roll out.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

More than likely it will roll out similar to Comeys "reveleations" about Hillary. Sure, she broke the law...everyone is on board with that...but...nothing came of it in the end. As if it never happened.

This is a sentiment I have shared until very recently. However I have turned over a bit of an optimistic leaf thanks to barr. Barr was appointed, closed out the mueller investigation, told congress it looked like there was spying on trump, appointed durham, and has been going all over the place with durham to investigate said spying. Rumor is, he sent horowitz back with his report and told him to outline each criminal statute that was broken in the report (this was back in october when it was going to come out on the 19th).

Funny thing is, in order for anything to be done on any report, it needs to be bi partisan....or nothing will come of it. Same thing for Trump's impeachment.

There is no such thing as bipartisanship. At least it doesn't seem to exist anymore. As long as the news media refuses to report news they don't like, it won't exist. So the news media has to be forced into reporting it. Which means there has to be criminal prosecutions of high level people imo. Impeachment was DOA because of this. It's a political process and neither side trusts the other. In the courtroom it's not political. That's what will bring people back together.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

This is a sentiment I have shared until very recently. However I have turned over a bit of an optimistic leaf thanks to barr. Barr was appointed, closed out the mueller investigation, told congress it looked like there was spying on trump, appointed durham, and has been going all over the place with durham to investigate said spying. Rumor is, he sent horowitz back with his report and told him to outline each criminal statute that was broken in the report (this was back in october when it was going to come out on the 19th).

so...do you think there is going to be indictments over the "spying" thing ? and if there is...you think somebody high up will have to answer for it ?

It's one thing to outline broken statutes, but can you pin it to the person responsible ? The DNC bleached their servers and smashed their phone devices...after they were subpoenad to deliver it to FBI. Did anyone took a bullet for that ? Maybe I'm wrong...but i think nobody did.

It's a political process and neither side trusts the other. In the courtroom it's not political.

I dont think you can avoid that...even in a court room. Is GA a non political person ? will the designated judge be above political pressure or even without political bias ? I just cant fathom it. If anything, so far has been proven that nothing is beyond political bias in this mad game. The FBI, CIA, JD, media...all have expressed political bias at one moment or the other...since this whole thing started.

That's what will bring people back together.

you feel that any trial here...whether it's impeachment process, or the IG thing...will bring people together ? I just cant see it man.

What happened in America in 2016...well...it think there is no turning back anymore. You will never again be able to be "friends" with the other side. The rift is, i feel, too deep now. And to tell you the truth, it appears it's not just the US. Most of the western world has split along those lines. There isnt a patch anymore. Something is going to have to die i fear.

anyway...that's me being an optimist

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

so...do you think there is going to be indictments over the "spying" thing ? and if there is...you think somebody high up will have to answer for it ?

Yes, there will be indictments I think... (whenever durham wraps up would be my guess on timing). How high up it will go, I can only speculate. It's pretty certain that this operation went all the way to the president. I doubt he hangs for it. But we may get a comey or a brennan level appointee.

I dont think you can avoid that...even in a court room. Is GA a non political person ? will the designated judge be above political pressure or even without political bias ? I just cant fathom it. If anything, so far has been proven that nothing is beyond political bias in this mad game. The FBI, CIA, JD, media...all have expressed political bias at one moment or the other...since this whole thing started.

Good points, however I think the trial will be open to camera's. Which will make blatant partisanship harder to hide. The public seeing the evidence strong enough to convict in a court of law will be tough to overcome.

you feel that any trial here...whether it's impeachment process, or the IG thing...will bring people together ? I just cant see it man.

Absolutely. In fact, impeachment already has. The complete lack of substance has resulted in a huge shift in public opinion. do you think it is a coincidence that in the last week we have had three polls (emerson, marist, and rasmussen) showing 30%+ approval for trump in the black community? I don't believe that's a coincidence. The deep state being exposed will bring people together even further.

Now, I'm a realist, we're never going to get 100% of the people or even 90% of the people. But think post 9/11 numbers. We can hit pretty close to that once the whole thing is exposed.

What happened in America in 2016...well...it think there is no turning back anymore. You will never again be able to be "friends" with the other side. The rift is, i feel, too deep now.

That's just the media doing their thing. The other side that I can't be friends with only makes up probably 10-15% of the population. We'll be just fine.

And to tell you the truth, it appears it's not just the US. Most of the western world has split along those lines. There isnt a patch anymore. Something is going to have to die i fear.

Six months ago this is exactly what I thought. I thought we were careening towards a civil war. A hot, bloody, civil war. I don't think that's the case anymore. It can all be fixed with blind justice. Even partisans yield to blind justice in most cases. See the pervasiveness of the 'epstein didn't kill himself' meme on both sides of the political spectrum.
edit on 3-12-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

overall...you sound hugely optimistic, so I wouldnt want to spoil that

From my corner things dont look that rosy....and I have forever lost faith in the "system".

I hope your version of reality materializes. Mine is not something to be desired.

Hang in there man.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This should have gone in to creative writing.
It is all conjecture.
All fiction. All made up.

Ha ha so funny that Barr is disputing the findings. LOL.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

When we light a bottle rocket and it fails to launch we call it a dud.

The last report failed to launch and it is sounding like this one will be more of the same.

I do not know how you define a dud but I know how I define it.

When all is said and done there are no fireworks.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

What about all the other investigations then?
No one but trump people have been indicted and have gone to jail.
Where is Hillary? Huma? Bill? James? Andrew?

Oh yeah, eating leftover turkey and Christmas shopping.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What about all the other investigations then?
No one but trump people have been indicted and have gone to jail.
Where is Hillary? Huma? Bill? James? Andrew?

Oh yeah, eating leftover turkey and Christmas shopping.
Your post have devovled into childlike soundbites.

Where is Hillary? At home because no one liked her enough to vote for her as President.

Where is Huma? Good question, she is also disgraced and out of the public eye, she is connected to Wieners after all and that isn't good.

Where is Bill? Being quiet since Epstein 😈

Where is James? Fired and removed as Director of the FBI, a prestigious position for any one man, in some cases, that's worse than Jail, as it erodes any attempt at future jobs of that tier.

Where is Andrew? Fired and removed as well, currently working for Democrat media arm CNN.

So yes, all those people have been removed, Fired and displayed for all of America to see.

To me, that's JUSTICE, Jail is the icing on the cake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join