It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kosovo Premier Indicted on War Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, what was good for the Serbs, seems also to be good for the Albanians:

CNN) -- A U.N. tribunal has indicted Kosovo Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj for war crimes against Serbs, a move that prompted his resignation, authorities told CNN.

Source and Story

Even though I am Croatian, and we have had our share of skirmishes with the Serbs, I totally supported the Serbs during the Kosovo debacle. Kosovo is historically Serbian; they were just trying to stop the breakup of their country by, as they saw it, foreigners.

What really confused my though, is why America stepped in on the side of the Albanians. The Americans had absolutely nothing to gain from military intervention.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Reasons I feel that the USA went in on the side of the Albanians were:

1) We all know what the Serbs did in the early 1990's in Bosnia and most of the former Yugoslav republics. Does "Ethnic Cleansing" ring a bell?

2) Kosovo, if I am not mistaken, is and was is 90+ percent Ethnic Albanian during the offensive which was launched by the Serbs.

I feel that was enough reason to go against the serbs.

-Reason

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
The Reasons I feel that the USA went in on the side of the Albanians were:

1) We all know what the Serbs did in the early 1990's in Bosnia and most of the former Yugoslav republics. Does "Ethnic Cleansing" ring a bell?

2) Kosovo, if I am not mistaken, is and was is 90+ percent Ethnic Albanian during the offensive which was launched by the Serbs.

I feel that was enough reason to go against the serbs.

I feel these were terrible reason to go against the Serbs. Albanians gained the majority in Kosovo by (a) illegal immigration from neighboring Albania (b) having much larger families than in Serbia (c) doing ehtnic cleansing of the Serbs.

In addition, the "offensive by the Serbs" was a law enforcement operation stepped up in order to stop killing of the cops (which became a national sport for the Muslim Kosovars).

So there you go, the US interevened on the part of the cop killers.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How could you support anything those serbs do? Dont you remember Vukovar or Sarajevo?
How about how they are practically stealing Bosnia from us?
I say they dont deserve anything

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Of course I remember Vukovar; and Dubrovnik, and Split, and Rijeka.

That was then. Hopefully, it will stay in the past. The Serbs learned, as we Hrvati have, that the war was totally uncalled for. Atrocities were committed by both sides.

Bosnia was a land grab by all sides. Bosna i Herzogovina is historically Croatian. The Serbs saw it as an easy target. The Croatians helped the Bosnians counter a common enemy, but we had plans for Bosnia all our own.

But, what's right is right. Whether you believe it or not, the Hrvati and Srpi and so intertwined, both through cultural and social similarities, that the only real differences are in A) Faith (Catholic vs Orthodox), and B) the Alphabet (Cyrillic vs. Latin). I am sure you have, just as I do, relatives who are Serbian, or who have married Serbians. The Serbs were just protecting their own

top topics

join