It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make A Tiny Terrarium

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Came across this guys channel. You should see his bigger terrariums! Does anyone have these in their home? Did you buy them or make your own?
Would love to hear about them!
I think that these would make for an awesome novelty gift.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Next time I do this sh!t show again — I want you as my mom, Night Star.

Your genuineness bleeds through the screen I read. 🥂
edit on 2-12-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That is so cool!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

OK... that's a cool video and a cool idea as well.

The guy makes art with living things... I like that.

Thank you for sharing it!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What creative fun! Hope you have grandchildren to share these with during the holidays. Alas. my children are not married nor have children. I have cats and they play with everything. Thanks for the ideas; really fun.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Back in my early twenties I built a terrarium under the stairs for Eddie, my Asian Water Dragon.

He was a rescue and behaved more like a dog than a reptile, I miss the fella (cropped photo of a photo, reason why below)

His terrarium took the whole space under the stairs and had three Perspex window doors on a mahogany wooden frame with brass fixings.

Inside, he had twisted and intertwined vines which I cut from a condemned tree, a pool to bathe in, and the usual lights, IR heat mats, thermostat and 'ting, and rocks and vegitation etc.

I never got around to installing the waterfall, but to be fair maintenance would have been an absolute nightmare anyway.

I went onto f*cebook just before to try and retrieve some photos, but I ran into a slight issue - it turns out that sharing a photo of a historical figure in jest (one I'm no fan of either) is some kind of hate speech, or something, 🤷🏻‍♂️

If I remember to once I'm released from f*cebook jail, Ill pull the photos and bring them back to ATS

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Awww, that is so sweet. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought it was pretty cool too.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You are welcome Lumenari.

I subscribed to his channel in case I ever want to make one, without the bugs though. His big terrariums are awesome!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

I thought it was creative too.

No, I don't have Grandchildren, but Nieces and Nephews and they have kids. I have a cat and a turtle.
Your mentioning cats reminded me that terrariums would be a great idea for cat owners as the cats wouldn't be able to eat the plants. I'm lucky, my cat never bothers my plants.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

WOW, your lizard was beautiful! Your set up must have been amazing. I do hope you remember to retrieve photos after you get out of facebook jail. LOL I know others who have been in facebook jail.

Thanks so much for the pic!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That is really cool.
I had one when I was a kid that lasted over 7 years,sealed.
It would have lasted longer except a relative opened it and cleaned the jar out to use for something else when I was on holiday.
I was far from impressed

I have often thought this kind of thing on a large scale would be great for long space flights-you basically make large terrariums inside areas of the ship to generate enough oxygen for people to breathe-I think it could work.Much better to use plants to create oxygen than carry huge heavy oxygen supplies.
The co2 the crew/passengers exhale is used by the plants as well.

This guy has one that is over 50years old-The only time he watered it was when Nixon was president!
So its been sealed since 1972.

www.boredpanda.com...

Ok,there are no humans inside,but if you could factor in humans breathing,this would be great on a huge space ship-of course not only would it make oxygen and recycle co2,but you could use food plants to sustain the crew,and just living in an environment full of plants would help prevent the space madness that so many sci fi films warn us about.
Its win win.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Wow, I was wondering how long they would last.

This one was different.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thats great-the guy is a pro.
I'm going to binge watch a load of his vids tomorrow.

I've got a load of old jars from my pickle making phase-I might try use some to make a couple of terrariums for my neice and nephew for Christmas.
Thanks for giving me the idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Sounds wonderful! Hope you can share pics when you make them.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I just showered you with ⭐️ 🥂

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

top topics

join