It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review... Homefront

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Another lackluster review of a movie by the resident "ex" movie buff that is..........Misterspock.

I was actually going to watch this the other day(have seen it before) and keep it all to myself(mwahhahaha).

But I guess I'll share just because a few(literally a few) might find it interesting.

Not much meat on this bone. It's a pretty cookie cutter story of a badass seeking to return to normalcy.

You've got your small town, your way bigger than small town badass, and the inevitable people poking the sleeping bear tropes.

What it does offer is a few good actors and what I didn't realize is a good writer(I view him as good, sly can write a good film).

Reasons to watch are pretty basic. It's an OK story that fell through the cracks, with regard to having a decent cast.

If you are a Statham fan(I'm a huge one, that man is legit and I've been watching action movies since the 80's). James Franco is likable in it, even as a baddie(james' gift).

Overall a nice "action" film if you like to follow certain actors and just like the good ol' "I'm not looking for trouble" type films. Also a nice helping of seeing a bunch of redneck crackheads get their just deserts for messing with "the wrong guy".
edit on 2-12-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Sounds like a nice bit of entertainment. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Thanks.

It's a decent popcorn flick.

A bit better if you like some of the actors in it.

It seems given the cast they through at it, they expected more(from the box office). In the end it's just another check mark for those of the genre.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: chr0naut

Thanks.

It's a decent popcorn flick.

A bit better if you like some of the actors in it.

It seems given the cast they through at it, they expected more(from the box office). In the end it's just another check mark for those of the genre.

Well Hollyweird has been coming out with big budget cookie cutter drama's for so long that nobody expects creativeness or novelty any more. I actually suspect that they dispose of scripts that would make great movies because they haven't any previous art to compare it to.

Still, there are good bits and pieces about. I've actually really enjoyed the Mandalorian episodes that I've seen. It has a familiar sameness and also fun novelty about it at the same time.

I'm such a contrarian.

top topics

join