It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning - The book written by Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I did a search on here to see if there were any threads on the book that came out recently called A Warning - written by Anonymous. This author is the same person who wrote the anonymous op ed to the New York Times in 2018 claiming to be part of a group of the “adults in the room” who were keeping Trump in check and keeping him from doing anything stupid.

I’m very interested in politics and have been following this, so I downloaded the book A Warning. There was so much buzz on this book. I was expecting quite an interesting book in which I would learn some new things about the inner workings of the Trump administration. I’m a liberal, but open minded. I’ve read books by liberals and conservatives. I recently got done reading Fear by Bob Woodward. I felt that was a very informative book. I feel Bob Woodward is neutral, neither liberal nor conservative, so I feel he is credible. I thought A Warning would be similar.

I just finished reading A Warning, and I have to say I’m less than impressed. I also did a review on Amazon. I was quite disappointed in this book. I was expecting a good read. Instead, there was in my opinion condescension, lots of $50 words, and lots of whining. This person seems to have a serious ax to grind on Trump. The stuff he talked about though wasn’t anything I hadn’t already read about in books and news articles. He spent much of the book calling Trump immoral, narcissistic, and doesn’t like to read. Gee thanks Captain Obvious.

But this author doesn’t have the balls to reveal who he is. And yes, I very much want to know who this guy is. I’m seriously nosy about it. He says in the book that he’s part of the problem, because he doesn’t do anything either. So what is the point of writing the book then? I’m irritated at his whole tone and attitude. At the beginning of the book, he says people shouldn’t try to figure out who he is. Seriously? C’mon, lots of people want to know who this guy is. I am strongly of the opinion a guy wrote this.

Then toward the end of the book, this author teases the reader and uses that word again “lodestar”. A word that Vice President Pence supposedly uses sometimes. But this author is playing games. I think it’s ridiculous he uses that word thinking he’s so smart. He’s making a ploy to take the attention away from him. Who in their right mind would believe Pence would write this?

I gave my opinion of this book. Anyone else on here read it? What did you think? I wonder if liberals liked the book better than conservatives. I’m one liberal who didn’t like it though. I’d be interested to know what you all think.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
I've only read excepts, so I can't really comment on the book. Some of it we already knew about.

Talking heads on the left leaning Sunday shows called SATIRE/HOAX on the book after reading that President Trump, allegedly, has been squirreling away White House silverware, hiding it in a pillowcase under a bed in the Lincoln bedroom.

edit on 2-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't understand how America tolerates a self described group of Anonymous people keeping an elected president of the United States "in check". That's the kind of thing dystopian novels are made of; and here we are treating it like the next episode of "The Real Housewives of DC".

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'd never heard of the book but my initial thoughts/expectations (without knowing anything about it) fell in line with your description. Thanks for the honest review; I think I'll spare myself from wasting my time reading it.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
for some reason I thought it was "A Warrning" with two "r"s

hm....

edit on 2-12-2019 by VeeTNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I call it "True Yellow Blood Coward". If you have something very important to say then no reason to hide in the shadows.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Always thought anonymous were a paper tiger. An inner circle of a conspiracy group , net warriors with no real value

The “Undertaker” of the Internet, big scary and dark but all just an act for a show

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

<cough>Qanon</cough>

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I call it "True Yellow Blood Coward". If you have something very important to say then no reason to hide in the shadows.

I totally agree! The fact that this person has been kicking up dust and teasing people shows he has no balls.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Always thought anonymous were a paper tiger. An inner circle of a conspiracy group , net warriors with no real value

The “Undertaker” of the Internet, big scary and dark but all just an act for a show

There is a very real difference between Anon and a book called Anonymous.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well that would be my ignorance on display
Appreciate the correction

Maybe the book was hoping to ride on their skirt tails

Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This one isn't Anonymous aka the group of internet whoever-wants-to-claim-to-be-a-part-of-it folks, its "Anonymous" simply meaning "I don't want to give away who I am", or just as likely, "I want to make it seem as though I'm an insider so I can sell books, even though I'm not really."

...I should try this...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thanks

I'm sorry if I came off a little... short.

Anon is a group of thousands upon thousands of people worldwide who sift through the internet looking for answers to things... some bring up information that isn't acquired correctly, others who freely give information from their places of work, others who dig through the DarkWeb to find things that are buried.

Then they bring all the information together and discuss it, look at all the angles, sometimes share with normies what they have found that can be proven.

Anon is ATS without restrictions.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Thank-you for removing that book from my list of things to look into!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Thanks

I'm sorry if I came off a little... short.

I didn’t note any snippyness in your reply.
Appreciated the correction

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Talking heads on the left leaning Sunday shows called SATIRE/HOAX on the book after reading that President Trump, allegedly, has been squirreling away White House silverware, hiding it in a pillowcase under a bed in the Lincoln bedroom.

My dreams my world my life shattered to ruin. Shattered I say.
It's true the silverware was for me!
edit on 3-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

top topics

join