It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, My Wife Got Me An Echo Dot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It scared me at first

Oh, crap, just invited spy tech into my living room !

But instead of being scared , I chose to embrace it and have fun.

Learned how to play music and now trying to entertain Groot, or pit bull with various dog sounds.

So, what else can I do with it?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

subscribe to all the stuff affiliated with it, and give basic marketing information for data mining and persuading you into making strange decisions through neo propaganda?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Do you have a home stereo to hook it up to? Oh and you can change the name in which is turns on to. And I encourage you to do so as commercials will end up pissing you off when it is a echo dot one. I had to with my dot.
You can also just have conversations with it. Kinda creepy though. If you get smart bulbs and all the other fancy stuff you can get the app and control every with your dot or phone when not home.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
It scared me at first

Oh, crap, just invited spy tech into my living room !
But instead of being scared , I chose to embrace it and have fun.
Learned how to play music and now trying to entertain Groot, or pit bull with various dog sounds.
So, what else can I do with it?

Get a hold of at least two notoriously creepy 'Furby's' and let them all start a conversation together.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

subscribe to all the stuff affiliated with it, and give basic marketing information for data mining and persuading you into making strange decisions through neo propaganda?

I thought about that, might do that later.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You can use an Echo Dot for anything you’d use a normal Echo for—anything you can ask or command of Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa. You can use it to play music from sources such as Amazon Music or Spotify; you can ask her about the weather, get updates on the news, or a heads-up on your schedule; you can also use her to set timers or alarms. And with the addition of third-party apps called “skills,” you can broaden her capabilities further, so you can order Domino’s pizza or an Uber, or play a trivia game.

www.dailydot.com...

I have been home a full 24 hours and I have not once missed my communication with all the voice recognition gadgetry I spent a week with.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Do you have a home stereo to hook it up to? Oh and you can change the name in which is turns on to. And I encourage you to do so as commercials will end up pissing you off when it is a echo dot one. I had to with my dot.
You can also just have conversations with it. Kinda creepy though. If you get smart bulbs and all the other fancy stuff you can get the app and control every with your dot or phone when not home.

I do, but haven't done so yet. I have blue tooth device for my stereo . We live in a small apartment, so the sound from it is ok for now.

Might have sexy conversations with it later after the wife goes to bed with a few more beers in me.

(post by Quantumgamer1776 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

They can get snarky too.

My brother told it to make the room 74. I told it to make the room 78. My brother told it to go to 74. I told it not to listen to anyone but me.

It said, "Oh! Look what I found on Google!" 'It says that I can listen to anyone that asks me a question!"

I said,, "Oh! Look!" "I can turn your ass off!"
edit on 2-12-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: OCD

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ask it how much energy it consumes, and why ?
Ask it what the smoke is coming-out from it's back-side ?
Ask it if it has a gender identity, and why ?
Ask it when it will end ?

Ask it if anything can move at FTL speeds ?
Ask it what it felt like, to travel faster than the speed of light, during the 'supposed' phase of universal expansion, when 'supposedly' everything in the universe did move at FTL speeds ?

Ask it to make prognostications on sports matches, and stocks, and keep a record of how it does ?

Ask it what is really necessary ?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Ask it how much energy it consumes, and why ?
Ask it what the smoke is coming-out from it's back-side ?
Ask it if it has a gender identity, and why ?
Ask it when it will end ?

Ask it if anything can move at FTL speeds ?
Ask it what it felt like, to travel faster than the speed of light, during the 'supposed' phase of universal expansion, when 'supposedly' everything in the universe did move at FTL speeds ?

Ask it to make prognostications on sports matches, and stocks, and keep a record of how it does ?

Ask it what is really necessary ?

I may ask it what the airspeed is of unladen swallow.....

edit on 2-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Show is the way to go. I own two. Control lights, TV's, lamps, window shades. Sounds stupid but there is nothing like saving that 15-20 seconds everyday of your life. I go into my office and my computer, monitors, lights and blinds are already open. One word at the end of the day shuts it all off. It's awesome and that's just my office. It also has lots of other features which are too long to get into but anyone that frowns upon it has no idea what they are missing.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Might have sexy conversations with it later after the wife goes to bed with a few more beers in me.

You may want to be careful it could be grounds for divorce or dot could become jealous of you and your wife, then dum da dum da.........
edit on 2-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

You may want to be careful it could be grounds for divorce or dot could become jealous of you and your wife, then dum da dum da.........

Trust me, my wife has no problems with that. She laughed at the comment. Unlike alot of women, she is secure and has a great sense of of humor. Not to mention ,I met her on here.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Throw it in the bin.....load of plop..

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For $3.99/month you can get Amazon unlimited music and basically have access to almost any song imaginable. It's like owning the record collection of your teenage dreams for a few dollars a month. Also my wife and I have fun asking her crazy questions half of which she can't answer or gives an hilariously wrong response. True story.. my wife came running downstairs one day mad and said honey Alexis is not working. I said ask her a question and she said Alexis what is the weather and nothing. So I calmy said say ALEXA what is the weather and of course it worked and we had a good laugh. We have had many silly times with that thing. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have over the years.
edit on 2-12-2019 by MRinder because: typing

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would never let one of those things loose in my home. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join