It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Dee Williams and the Concept of "Gender-Fluidity"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

in a world of retardation and society that bizarrely celebrates mental illness to obtain those extra minutes.

So in your opinion Billy Dee Williams is mentally ill?

No, not at all. He's pandering. I have no reason to believe Williams is actually confused by his gender, in fact I'm pretty confident he knows exactly what he's saying and what his intended audience wants to hear him say.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not at all.

You acknowledged my argument, you disagree with what I said because of your beliefs not science.

Good one on the leech comeback though.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have to say, it's none of my business... But I wonder what the motivation is here.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I did acknowledge your argument, but beyond that I'm less than impressed. Science has become a watered down joke on virtually any issue which has a political or social slant to it. That said, actual provable science tells us there is an XY (male) chromosome pairing and an XX (female) pairing... anything beyond that is simply an example of one of God's mulligans and is beyond the pale enough to be neglected on the grand scheme of things.
edit on 2-12-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It is all about the money, same as always. The studio is trying to draw a new generation into Star Wars and doing so with social buzz concepts. Hell, I'd not be shocked to see Chewbaca eating Tide pods or Yoda cross dressing ("ignore my bulge, must you") if Disney believed that would put more young butts in seats.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
I agree 100% with your writing instructor.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Sure, okay. I wasn’t making the argument to impress you or anyone else. Facts are facts. As we learn more about genetics, molecular biology, etc. we learn that the distinctions of “male and female” while generally true are not specifically true.

As we are talking about individuals, the specific matters ... and in this specific case.

Billy Dee Williams can refer to himself/herself/themselves however they wish. No skin off me (or you.)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It is all about the money, same as always. The studio is trying to draw a new generation into Star Wars and doing so with social buzz concepts. Hell, I'd not be shocked to see Chewbaca eating Tide pods or Yoda cross dressing ("ignore my bulge, must you") if Disney believed that would put more young butts in seats.

Perhaps.

This is just seems more like ... a surge of the Absurd or whatever you want to call it.

I’m not sure that trans issues are the way to put “butts in the seats” but I’ve been wrong before.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There us some truth to this... gay men are some of the most oversexed folks. Lesbians often hate men, hence why there are so many in women's studies in universities.

I have some lesbian neighbors. One looks like a normal chick. Almost kind of hot. Youd never guess she is lesbo. The other looks like a guy. Neck tattoos. Short hair. Guy mannerisms.

Makes no sense to me. You like chicks but you want to be with one that looks like a guy? Same with men. You like men but then fancy twinkly guys that act like women?

Whatever. Live and let live.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Wow, no stereotypes in your world, eh? LOL.

Ever think of asking those mannish Lesbians or twinky boys what they like or love in their partners?

Might be there’s more to the matter than you thought at first glance...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: tanstaafl

There are generally said to be two sexes although even at that we now know there are variations; this is a matter of biology - male and female with a range of variations.

No. Just no.

There are two. Anything else is a birth defect, nothing more, nothing less.

Medical science disagrees.

Emphatically.

Medical science prefaces any article with "there's still a lot we don't know about the human body...", theorizing, and use of the word "possible" a lot. Either way, it would appear to be good business for Big Medicine.

I'm willing to bet that 97% of these cases today can be explained by a combination of childhood abuse, things like going through a divorce at a young age, chemical imbalances, and Munchhausen by proxy.
edit on 2-12-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ever think of asking those mannish Lesbians or twinky boys what they like or love in their partners?

The point is it doesnt make sense to me. If you like women, why be with a woman who acts like a man?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The point is it doesnt make sense to me. If you like women, why be with a woman who acts like a man?

Because despite their best efforts, gender roles remain fairly dominant.
edit on 2-12-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Are you only attracted to one “type” of woman?

There are strong women, and patient women, and pushy women and pushover women and assertive women and retiring women ... do you only like women with one hair color or style? How about favorite body features, is it the exact same for every woman you’ve ever been attracted to?

Different strokes.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

All of which has nothing to do with physical and biological gender.

When it comes to biology, we are a binary species.
No matter what label you put to each of the two genders, they are binary and need the other for procreation.
You can call males bilsbibs and females jilsbibs for all I care... Male/Female are just words that we have affixed to this binary biology for us to better communicate the biological and physiological differences.

There is zero way you can get around this fundamental fact... You can do all the mental acrobatics you want and you can do it until blue in the face. It won't change a thing.

Anyone else that says otherwise are pandering.

But we humans need some form of distraction I suppose. If it isn't war, I guess people need to play political games and start messing with # out of sheer boredom.
edit on 2/12/2019 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

You are talking about the biological sexes.

There are two main sexes.

For any and all sex characteristics however there is considerable variation between individuals ... minute at times in regard to an imagined mean or "norm" but still variations that are based on measurable quantities.

That you want to argue that there are only two sexes that are each unique unto themselves from the other sex is ... mistaken in terms of biological fact

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Most of us live in our God given physical bodies just fine. The rest of us who feel as if they are not in the right body suffer from an unfortunate mental illness.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is probably pandering.

I honestly dont care what people identify themselves as; so long as I am not forced to adhere to their wishes. I honestly try to treat people with respect, which would include trying to call them by the name or pronoun they would like, but if its used as a weapon or to score political points, I dont have the time of day for it.

Now as to Billy Dee Williams, he can call himself whatever he wants.

As far as I am concerned, he will always be the man!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: Astrocyte

Most of us live in our God given physical bodies just fine. The rest of us who feel as if they are not in the right body suffer from an unfortunate mental illness.

So if society decides that your politics or your religion is an unfortunate mental illness... You're okay with that?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree with you to the extent that the human body is a combination of "male" and "female" factors...

Has nothing to do with "body"
The term is "psyche"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join