It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll just say, I'm for capitol punishment.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: jacobe001

If you involve the judge, do you then not also include the jury?

Tis a good point.
The jury is spoon fed what the prosecution wants them to hear.
I guess it is the same with judge.

The prosecution is the one making the accusations so perhaps only they should be the ones with skin in the game.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Now if I actually did not do the crime
a reply to: rickymouse

what if you did not do the crime, yet got sentenced to death. You dont think that happens?

I know it happens. I also know that people accept a plea agreement when they are not even guilty of a crime in the first place. Often they offer a plea agreement with a meager fine when the judge would never even give a conviction. But if you do not accept the plea agreement and walk away free, the cops will get you on something in a short time, they will watch you and everyone screws up sooner or later. I know this coming from a town where lots of our family friends were cops and I personally knew a few judges. If you get off on a technicality, make sure you stay clean as a whistle.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Assuming they get caught.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The PEOPLE put the current guy in the oval office.

The electoral college is not 'the people.'

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

THE PEOPLE.

Following the national presidential election on the Tuesday after the first Monday of November,each state counts its popular votes according to that state's laws to designate presidential electors.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
A child rapist who is imprisoned without ever having the opportunity whatsoever to be freed will also never rape another child.

Therefore, prevention.

It is extremely expensive, and they can rape other people in prison. They can get out early when some demwit passes a 'second chance' law t hat includes these pervs.

Nope. Someone who can hurt children in such a way that destroys their childhood and alters their life forever doesn't deserve to live. Let God decide if they deserve forgiveness.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CriticalStinker
No, it does not curb crime, just further ones by the executed, life in prison will do the same.

Ok, as long as you agree to pay for their incarceration, and be held accountable if they ever escape and/or are released and do it again. No? Didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
It has happened yes and is unfortunate. If someone is convicted of murder based solely on circumstantial evidence no death penalty. If there is DNA evidence to the murder by all means the death penalty is applicable. It Is the circumstantial evidence cases that have allowed innocent people to fall through the cracks.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

Just an FYI that there have been people wrongly convicted with bad DNA evidence, i.e. their DNA was at the scene but they were not the perpetrator.

edit on 3-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Ansuzrune

Just an FYI that there have been people wrongly convicted with bad DNA evidence, i.e. their DNA was at the scene but they were not the perpetrator.

Just cementing your alabi eh ...

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Masons don't need alibis, we control the court system.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

starffleet?
edit on 3-12-2019 by nataliep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: CriticalStinker
No, it does not curb crime, just further ones by the executed, life in prison will do the same.

Ok, as long as you agree to pay for their incarceration, and be held accountable if they ever escape and/or are released and do it again. No? Didn't think so.

Wow, you know so much about me!

Know how much it costs to execute someone..of course you don't.

Personally I'd rather taxes don't go to execute innocents, around 4 out of a hundred on death row are innocent.

So you, wouldn't mind one or two innocent people a year killed by the state with your money. I'm a bit different than you.

edit on 3-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Totally agree.

As long as you start with Trump and hang the bastard first.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Wow, you know so much about me!

Nothing I said requires me to know anything about you.

Know how much it costs to execute someone..of course you don't.

Not exactly, but I know it is a lot less than incarcerating them for life.

Personally I'd rather taxes don't go to execute innocents, around 4 out of a hundred on death row are innocent.

Me neither. I'd be all for closely examining the system with respect to known cases of innocents who were put on death row, or even put to death, and do everything possible to reduce that number to zero.

So you, wouldn't mind one or two innocent people a year killed by the state with your money.

Wow, you know so much about me! Not...

I'm a bit different than you.

Ya think?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Incorrect, it's significantly higher and Forbes is not exactly a left wing publication.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Incorrect, it's significantly higher and Forbes is not exactly a left wing publication.

No... I'm talking about the cost of the execution... not 25 years of appeals, etc ad nauseum.

If there is enough evidence to impose the death penalty, it should be carried out within a very short period of time - weeks, even days, but certainly never years.

But again - I'll restate my preference for replacing the death penalty with a declaration of outlawry.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No... I'm talking about the cost of the execution... not 25 years of appeals, etc ad nauseum.

If there is enough evidence to impose the death penalty, it should be carried out within a very short period of time - weeks, even days, but certainly never years.

But again - I'll restate my preference for replacing the death penalty with a declaration of outlawry.

The appeals process is part of any case, capital or not, and you cannot deny the process. The cost is the cost beginning with the significantly higher cost for a capital murder case over life without parole. If you read the article and it's attendant links you would have understood this.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The appeals process is part of any case, capital or not, and you cannot deny the process.

No, but it can be streamlined.

No worries, nothing will be changing in this regard any time soon, so I'm not inclined to invest any brain cells to discuss it.

Like I said, I much prefer the idea of bringing back the doctrine of outlawry.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No, but it can be streamlined.

How and where? Nearly all of the length of that process is due to scores of Supreme Court rulings. You aren't streamlining anything.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join