It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll just say, I'm for capitol punishment.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wheres the global warming crowd?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wheres the global warming crowd?

They're readying their torchs and pitch forks for the Nadler show.
edit on 2-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

A child rapist who is imprisoned without ever having the opportunity whatsoever to be freed will also never rape another child.
Therefore, prevention.

At a heavy expense to the tax payer.......money that could be used more

usefully elsewhere ?

Research?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
So at the end of the day, the only real reason anyone could possibly support the death penalty, is because of pure spite... and spite is not a form of justice in a civilized society.

You forgot the main reason: prevention.

A child rapist who is put to death will never rape another child. Ever.

A child rapist who is imprisoned without ever having the opportunity whatsoever to be freed will also never rape another child.

Therefore, prevention.

Hanging the same outside the courthouse 24 hours after the verdict costs very little and is the only 100% guarantee that individual will never victimize another human soul.

True, but I am personally against capital punishment, whether summarily or after years in prison.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So at the end of the day, the only real reason anyone could possibly support the death penalty, is because of pure spite... and spite is not a form of justice in a civilized society.

Therefore, prevention.

A rapist gets life in prison without parole? I didn't know that.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Or we can just let them go so they can kill more people, because killing is wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Therefore, prevention.

Sometimes

A child rapist gets the death penalty? I didn't know that.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Therefore, prevention.

When you have people in prison who can never be rehabilitated, and you then put people who can be rehabilitated in with them, what do you think will happen to those people who have a chance to be rehabilitated?

Now consider the average sentence for a rapist is 10 years, and average time served is only about 5 years.

Now we have the burden placed on society caring for these scumbags.

So by letting them live we have them harden those who can be reformed, and turn them into worse criminals who can never fit back into society. We have huge financial burdens. And we have more victims and more innocent lives destroyed.

Seems like a steep price.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Therefore, prevention.

Sometimes

A child rapist gets the death penalty? I didn't know that.

Prior to a SCOTUS ruling that prominent people from both parties disagreed with, 6 states and the military permitted death penalty in cases of child rape. I hope, soon, to see the SCOTUS revisit that case and correct their error.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes , if the Death Penalty is Warranted in Certain Cases then ..........

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-12-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I would go with the death penalty if the prosecutors would be charged with attempted murder if the accused is acquitted.

The same as accusing somebody of treason.. You call it, you better prove it, or you are guilty of a crime....That would shut most of you here up wouldnt it?

I second this.
If someone is executed and found innocent later, the judge and prosecuter get charged with murder.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

When you have people in prison who can never be rehabilitated, and you then put people who can be rehabilitated in with them, what do you think will happen to those people who have a chance to be rehabilitated?

That says more about the sad state of the (for-profit) judicial prison system than it does about whether or not one agrees or disagrees with capital punishment, does it not?

Two different issues.

Now consider the average sentence for a rapist is 10 years, and average time served is only about 5 years.

Now we have the burden placed on society caring for these scumbags.

Some can be and are rehabilitated, others not. Should we just execute them all? Or lock them all away for good?

So by letting them live we have them harden those who can be reformed, and turn them into worse criminals who can never fit back into society.

Presumption that all will harden others and cannot be reformed themselves, and therefore should be executed? I think not. It's a fallacious and illogical presumption.
edit on 2-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

I would go with the death penalty if the prosecutors would be charged with attempted murder if the accused is acquitted.

The same as accusing somebody of treason.. You call it, you better prove it, or you are guilty of a crime....That would shut most of you here up wouldnt it?

I second this.
If someone is executed and found innocent later, the judge and prosecuter get charged with murder.

Don't forget the possibility of crooked labs and LE being charged..if applicable.

All a pipe dream, we know none of this will ever happen.
edit on 2-12-2019 by vonclod because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Government is quick to take away your rights when you commit crimes.

Why not the right to life?

I wish the death penalty was used more often.

Like every time a firearm is used in a crime.

I think we need to start killing more people.

Why should we let pedophiles live?

Rapists? Why them?

Murderer's? Hanging rope.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That says more about the sad state of the (for-profit) judicial prison system than it does about whether or not one agrees or disagrees with capital punishment, does it not?

Two different issues.

Is it? No one but those who should be behind bars for life should ever be behind bars?

Some can be and are rehabilitated, others not. Should we just execute them all? Or lock them all away for good?

Tell me how you can tell who will 100% never do it again and we can talk. Until then, how many innocent women are you willing to sacrifice to rapists to find out who will re-offend? We are not talking about hypothetical rapists, but actual rapists who have proven they can do it.

Presumption that all will harden others and cannot be reformed themselves, and therefore should be executed? I think not. It's a fallacious and illogical presumption.

So you are saying prison hardening inmates doesn't happen?
edit on 2-12-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: jacobe001

I second this.

Don't forget the possibility of crooked labs and LE being charged..if applicable.

All a pipe dream, we know none of this will ever happen.

If any evidence is withheld or altered it should definitely be a capital case under those circumstances.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

But why
You havnt detailed a reason, just said you are against the death sentence

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I support the death penalty too. Prosecutors also need to be held accountable and end their and the Police's ability to lie to you.

Deaths should be televised and people educated that this will happen to you if you screw up. No appeals,no retrials If you are caught on video and DNA evidence found. Immediate execution after being found guilty,no matter if you are a woman,man,thing,or animal.

Anyone trying to stop a execution will also be executed on the spot.

IS that harsh? yes,but it would put a immediate dent in the crime rates.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

If you involve the judge, do you then not also include the jury?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

That is part of the broken justice system. Prison should be about rehabilitation and curbing recidivism but the way they are operated have turn them into universities of crime.

If someone has committed cold blooded murder they should be in prison for life. If someone drunk drives and kills an innocent bystander they should never ever be allowed to drink or drive ever again in addition to a prison sentence.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join