It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll just say, I'm for capitol punishment.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
But it's not an accident, also easy to say if it's not you or yours.

Would you be ok if you or yours was put to death wrongly..you gonna say oh well, it doesn't bother me.

You dont stop driving cars because some people die in an accident. It happens. Nothing is 100 percent full proof.

Yes, it sucks for someone caught up in system wrongly, but it will happen. However, statistically it doesnt even register.

edit on 2-12-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Tall tree, short rope. Mission accomplished.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

First you have to define non-violent. For instance in the case of members of gangs or drug cartels, I'd call that violent crime because gang activity is involved. Knowingly producing food that could harm someone, is still violent crime in my mind. Driving while under the influence is a violent crime that kills. Driving while texting also kills and should be treated as violent crime.

What I'm talking about are things like simple possession or something like shoplifting bottle of wine.

One place we are not harsh enough is with gangs. Just being a member should be proof of involvement with all violent crimes committed by the gang. You join a gang, you are automatically guilty of all crimes they commit. Having a gang tattoo should be proof of guilt. Hanging out with a gang, you're guilty of everything they do. Put and end to gangs and you put an end to much of the violent crime happening today.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I just find it weird that people are "ok" with the state putting any innocent person to death.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I just find it weird that people are "ok" with the state putting any innocent person to death.

It doesn't curb crime, and I think it's an easy way out.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's provably false, as it has a recidivism rate of 0%, meaning it absolutely curbs crime.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
I just read that at least 4% of people on death row are likely innocent..I take that with a grain of salt, but food for thought..4%+ is not insignificant.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
Here is a little something to push for capital punishment.
A woman charged with hanging her children aged 8 and 4 years and having s x with her dog...
WFMZ TV

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's provably false, as it has a recidivism rate of 0%, meaning it absolutely curbs crime.

Yet people still commit those crimes 🤷‍♂️

Statistically we have similar or higher crime rates than other western country with no death penalty.

I don't see logically what the point is. I can't think of a positive.

link   

Gangs really are the source of the worst of what we see today. So called mass murderers are amateurs compared to the crimes done by gangs and cartels.

I'd be very harsh on gang related issues. You have the tattoo, you do 20 years as an accessory to all crimes committed by the gang. Join in with gang violence, that's it, your gone for life. One member does a drive by killing, the whole gang goes down for maximum sentence. No question, no debate, you join a gang you are always guilty of everything they do from that point forward.

link   
No, it does not curb crime, just further ones by the executed, life in prison will do the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah, there are certain few human machines so screwed up that no amount of time and love can redeem them ... but one thing to keep in mind is who decides who lives and who dies... and how would you (collectively) pass muster and on what standards?

Maybe we should all agree that life's relatively precious and justice is a constant, difficult slog... and those officious few handing "justice" out are historically those less able to do so. Once the killing starts, it's difficult to stop.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There is a difference between accepting that sh×t happens and being ok with it. Nothing is infallible so we accept some measure of risk in our lives. It doesnt mean we dont try to prevent bad outcomes but understand they invariably will happen regardless of how many precautions, rules, etc we put in place.

You can be the safest driver in the world, but a freak car accident can still happen and kill you. You dont stop driving because of the off chmace you might die. Planes crash. Millions of people fly every year knowing at some point, one will crash.

The point is that we dont stop something g simply because of a small chance.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We can agree to disagree

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Precisely.

It's an unavoidable accepted risk of living in modern society. If people don't like it, they can go live where there are no other people, no automobiles to crash and no death penalty. In return for this, they give up the trimmings of modern society.

It's not hard really.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I can't think of a positive.

With a few fixes geared towards expediting the process and seriously shortening the appeals process, death sentences would be significantly cheaper than life imprisonments.

Look, Jesus forgives, I do not. Where I stand, once you have established a person is too dangerous or has done something too vile to ever see the light of day as a free man again, there's zero reason to keep them breathing. In my world there would be no life sentences, and yeah, crime rates would absolutely drop. Either by potential consequences driven behavior changes or by simple attrition, the country would see a major drop in crime rates within a decade.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

But it's not an accident, also easy to say if it's not you or yours.

Would you be ok if you or yours was put to death wrongly..you gonna say oh well, it doesn't bother me.

If I find out? Of course not, don't be silly! But look at the statistics of how often this happens. Not very often at all, AND, I can guarantee you the MSM trumpets every single example from every rooftop to guarantee you hear about it. Not so with murderers who get off and are later found to be guilty, but can't be charged again due to Double Jeopardy laws. You never hear about them, and there's a lot more than you think!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Precisely.

It's an unavoidable accepted risk of living in modern society. If people don't like it, they can go live where there are no other people, no automobiles to crash and no death penalty. In return for this, they give up the trimmings of modern society.

It's not hard really.

You think only modern societies have the death penalty?, no, it's mostly 3rd world sh#tholes..with a few exceptions.

Anyway, we too can agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am against killing humans in general. I realize it is unpopular here, but the fact remains only barbarians should be killing other people. Not Planned Parenthood, not the Government, not society. The only scenario where killing is justified (in my opinion) is self-defense.

That's fair, but there are monsters in the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
They say 4% on death row are innocent..thats is too big a number for my comfort.

As for any guilty that get away..I agree, hard to swallow. I believe they say it's better a guilty man go free than an innocent wrongly convicted.

edit on 2-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join