It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Trip To Burkina Faso Triggers Slaughter Of Christians | 14 Dead In Recent Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So what you have is worse than anonymous source. An anonymous person that in some unknown way references Omar's visit to the country is proof that she is the impetus for the attack?

Does that mean Trump is responsible for all the attacks in the US where he is cited as an inspiration?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

She is infatuated with al Qaeda, with Hamas, Hezbollah,” Kerik said. “I personally think she should be removed from Congress. She should be voted out for sure, but she shouldn't be on the Foreign Relations Committee.” (Omar sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.)

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm going to have to try to pull this apart. You're citing articles from August while referencing things that happened last week.

Interestingly enough, I'm just now finding sources claiming that there was a SEPARATE terrorist attack on a mosque there on October 11, 2019, which would have been one week after Omar arrived to file for divorce. The attack that's being reported within the last couple of days is a new one.

Sixteen people died and two were seriously injured in an attack on a mosque in Burkina Faso's volatile north, security sources said Saturday.

Armed men attacked the Grand Mosque in Salmossi on Friday evening, a source told AFP, adding that 13 died on the spot and three succumbed to their injuries later.

www.france24.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Omar and Tlaib both should be thoroughly investigated for their support of organizations with terrorist ties.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Omar and Tlaib both should be thoroughly investigated for their support of organizations with terrorist ties.

I agree.

I'd also like to see some separation of church and state with those two.

edit on 2-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I get that you, and many others, dislike Omar. That's fine. But these attacks have been going back and forth between Christians and muslims there for a long time. It's like Crips and Bloods and unending vengeance...it has nothing to do with Omar.

And how her divorce or Obama joking about being born in Morocco ties into this is ...beyond me.

I don't like Dennis Rodman but I don't blame him for Kim Jung Un's atrocities in North Korea just because he has visited there.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The US hasn't really gone too far past saying "Qatar sometimes bad". I was under the impression Saudi Arabia started the blockade against Qatar because they started to improve their relations with Iran. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Qatar has cozied up with some terror groups, seeing as Al-Jazeera is a state run media outlet that constantly sympathizes with regional actors we don't think kindly of.

I'm thinking the Qatar thing is a bit more political than it is viewed as a supporter of terrorism. Because we haven't done much to punish Qatar, still provide them with aid, and still do military deals with them.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

I'm not blaming Omar for terrorism.

I'm saying that person has no business being a United States Congressman.,

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

he US hasn't really gone too far past saying "Qatar sometimes bad". I was under the impression Saudi Arabia started the blockade against Qatar because they started to improve their relations with Iran.

I hate all three.

They're all state sponsors of terrorism.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So the former Commissioner of the NYPD, who has never met Omar, spouts Right Wing propaganda and that is supposed to be taken as Gospel?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'm not blaming Omar for terrorism.

I'm saying that person has no business being a United States Congressman.,

So, your thread title, "Omar Trip To Burkina Faso Triggers Slaughter Of Christians" ...? Kind of confusing. You could just say she sucks.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just wake up to American politics ?

We always talk about people we never met.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

he US hasn't really gone too far past saying "Qatar sometimes bad". I was under the impression Saudi Arabia started the blockade against Qatar because they started to improve their relations with Iran.

I hate all three.

They're all state sponsors of terrorism.

We're in agreement here.

The US from a foreign policy standpoint doesn't really care about the terrorism part as long as they're playing ball and host our bases unfortunately. Hence why Saudi Arabia and Qatar are still in our good graces and Iran is not.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You could just say she sucks

They would have called me sexist or some snip.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This whole trip keeps getting stranger. So, we're to believe that Omar traveled to Burkina Faso to file for divorce during a period of time in which a third of the country was being displaced and has become inaccessible to even aid workers...

As reported on October 15th, 2019...

KOMSILGA COMMUNE, Burkina Faso — A wave of violent attacks and suspected terrorist activity in Burkina Faso has triggered a sudden humanitarian crisis, uprooting hundreds of thousands of people from their homes in what was once one of West Africa’s most tranquil nations.

In the space of just three weeks, the number of internally displaced people in Burkina Faso has increased by almost 70 percent to nearly half a million people, in a nation of 20 million, according to the United Nations refugee agency. About one-third of the country’s territory has become engulfed in fighting between armed groups, making the area inaccessible to aid workers, UNICEF officials said.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So Omar planned an attack on the people she is claimed to be beholden to?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That's cause our leaders are idiots that believe the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So all the claims made against Trump, by people that have met him, are doubly true?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That's cause our leaders are idiots that believe the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I wish that was the case, at least there would be some logic behind it.

It just seems that the operating procedure has been "that country has money, and is my friend", even if they're directly helping our enemies.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So all the claims made against Trump, by people that have met him, are doubly true?

Nope.

Especially where they are dollar signs attached to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join