It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco trying to recall their governor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Didn't vote for Abrams.

Not sad that Kemp won.

But, he still cheated.

Evidence for this one, or is this also based on wishes and dreams, same as your election of 2018 House commentary?

I’m not sad that Mr. Kemp won. He will be a better Governor for Georgia at large than Abrams would have been. Stacey has become a hero figure in the Dem party, but she has proven time and time again here in the state to be ... dishonest and incompetent.

But Kemp still cheated.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Repeating "Kemp cheated" isn't evidence that any cheating occurred. Every legitimate fact checking political watchsite out there has ruled it "inconclusive" as to whether anything untoward happened in Georgia. There have been accusations, nothing substantive.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You’re citing “fact checking websites” now? Gosh, that made it all worthwhile.

“Inconclusive” certainly leaves plenty of room for my claim though.

Thanks for the assist.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You’re citing “fact checking websites” now? Gosh, that made it all worthwhile.

“Inconclusive” certainly leaves plenty of room for my claim though.

Thanks for the assist.

Confession time, I lack the time, money, and desire needed to go to Georgia and investigate their election personally. On top of those shortcomings, I also am by no means impartial... Let's get this out in the open immediately, the ends justify the means here. It wouldn't matter to me if Kemp was shown to have cheated in the most egregious manners ever seen and publicly bragged about it, I'd bless his victory over evil. So if anyone outside of the Abrams supporters was going to readily accept the idea that Kemp cheated, it would be someone who simply doesn't care, ya? That said, I can't find any actual evidence that he cheated anyone, just whiny voices fueled by sour grapes and, of course, the random voice of someone trying to stir the pot.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

While we’re laying the cards on the table then, I find it ridiculous that you consider Abrams “evil” and I find it telling that you would countenance cheating to overcome politics that you don’t agree with.

You would have to travel to Georgia, but I am here, on the scene, for the last 53 years. You don’t have to take my word for anything, but when your source states that the matter is “inconclusive” and I tell you repeatedly that I believe Kemp cheated blatantly and openly ... your continued use of what you consider subtle insults is both laughable and mildly irritating.

So, you probably achieved what you like. I said Kemp cheated. I didn’t say he won by cheating.

You might do well to, on rare occasions, check your suppositions at the door, if on an even more rare occasion, you actually wished to honestly debate an issue.

Again, cards on the table; no disrespect intended.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I consider anyone who states that "saving babies (from abortion) is bad for business" to be evil. I'm not really sure how else to properly describe someone that expends as much effort and wind as she has to ensure continuation of the Abortion fro Profit model her party has perfected over the past 30 years. Evil fits in this case.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

She says that protecting babies after a fetal heartbeat is detected is "bad for business".

twitter.com...

Its a little evil..

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You stated that kemp cheated like it was fact, and in this post state that you "believe" he cheated.

People need to debate honestly, its true, but you need to debate clearly.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

You stated that kemp cheated like it was fact, and in this post state that you "believe" he cheated.

People need to debate honestly, its true, but you need to debate clearly.

I think we can all learn to be better debaters, honestly, myself included. Thanks for the correction, I’ll keep it in mind.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I will say I wish more people were as reasonable as you, on both sides.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You guys did not quote Abrams directly. She spoke of the Fetal Heartbeat LAW being bad for business in Georgia, and it is. That is factually true.

That this law reflects what several of you personally believe, to wit, that the State has the right to control a woman’s body at six weeks of pregnancy is evil in my opinion.

So, evil all round then.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I will say I wish more people were as reasonable as you, on both sides.

Kind of you.

By and large, of the folks here responding, I think most of us are fair-minded, and present good points.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yes, Goddamn we evil multitudes that acknowledge the scientific definition of life beginning at the point of fertilization and dare be so callous that we believe those human lives deserve personhood. Goddamn us straight to hell.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I see you don't like being called evil eh? I agree we should be more judicious about such terms.

Sadly, the sponsoring of atate-ownershipof women's bodies qualifies in my book.

So, belief against belief ...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I see you don't like being called evil eh?

Huh? No, I was mocking you, nothing more nothing less. Personally, I don't care about being called evil. I know what I am, accusations mean a hill of beans. In the minds of some, I am absolutely the walking embodiment of evil... hell, that may be justified or not, I neither know nor care.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Excellent.

More folk need that sort of resilience.

The first corrolary of "I am my own" is "Others own themselves" followed quickly by "mind your own business" and "if you don't want to do a thing don't do it."

If you don't want to have an abortion don't but don't try to force the rest of us to live by your beliefs.

Easy peasy.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else wish they'd recall their congressman instead?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I do not recall cities having Governors. But I had to read to get the city wants to recall the Governor.

edit on 3-12-2019 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Excellent.

More folk need that sort of resilience.

The first corrolary of "I am my own" is "Others own themselves" followed quickly by "mind your own business" and "if you don't want to do a thing don't do it."

If you don't want to have an abortion don't but don't try to force the rest of us to live by your beliefs.

Easy peasy.

Then let us opt out of any involuntary abortion funding if we desire. Easy peasy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join