It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Apocalyptic Claims About Climate Change Are Wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
This chart from the Perot Natural History Museum right here:

If you look closely at the extreme right side of the chart there looks to be a bit of a ink-blob at a possible uptick in the average global downward-trending temperature - this approximates the emergence of mankind on this time scale.

So explain how mankind affected 630 million years of climate change and what possibly we could do about it, regardle$$ of the money scam?

ganjoa

You meant not the Perot Natural Museum, but Piers Corbyn who made this graph. And he just crashed his "WeatherAction" service with really, really inaccurate weather predictions - you could even bet on them on his website.
It has suffered heavy financial losses.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Seriously? It's common sense, man. But here's some reading since you can't research on your own.

You're so self opinionated claiming I cant research on my own?! I've done some basic research and pretty much most agree on some sort of climate change, to what extent that is should be the question. I could throw up links to just as many and more "reports" on climate change. You even argue against these scientist 2 post down the page after replying to me.

What about using common sense instead of buying everything a scientist, who is funded millions/billions to come up with answers to fit an agenda, is telling you?

Maybe try listening to your own advice.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
the thing that really gets me about these "discussions" on ats is the sheer destructive nihilism of our right-wing cohort.

the outright denial that anything but their chosen source could be right and we couldn't possibly have an impact
that gives way to a really blase "i don't want to change my ways, you change first"
which inevitably distorts into ''if nature was worth saving it would save itself" / "it doesn't matter what we do the planet will still be here even if we wipe ourselves off it"

and always, the whole time, that smirking condescension

it's an old meme now that millenials crave death but with the posters of ats i can believe it

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Banning plastic bags would do more for the world than any of the bull# they are selling.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

FFS. What about using common sense instead of buying everything a scientist, who is funded millions/billions to come up with answers to fit an agenda, is telling you?

Out of interest, who has been paying these scientists for so many decades? Whose agenda is it? Presumably someone very, very, old now? Surely not Montgomery Burns? Only person I can possible think it might be .....

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
One thing that stands out right now is the msn have decided to highlight two weather types and one disasters type while ignoring every other weather phenomenon or disaster the FREE-PRESS (RIP God rest her soul) used to report SEASONALLY REGULARLY so all we’ve had for the past two three years since the media/MSM passed away

HOT WEATHER - because the world is burning you bastards FEAR FEAR
HURRICANES- because they’re now worst BECAUSE of YOU direct polluters
WILDFIRES because every summer you’re going to burn if you don’t pay carbon taxes

Then they’ve bought in a child to tell everybody our world is burning and weathers getting worst and the only way we know how to fix it at all is to TAX YOU TO HELL, like China doesn’t even exist or anything it’s you lot

But... They’ll never cover

COLD WEATHER RECORDS - people shouldn’t be fooled by this it’s just a rare incident, they should be concerned by the forest fires started by arsonists or poor forest management LOL

ICE STORMS - a rare ice storm occurred today but this doesn’t mean climate change isn’t real and climate isn’t weather so long as it’s the right weather

GLACIER GROWTH - they’re not really growing, here’s a video of one that momentarily melted and we’ve Arranged to have activist turn up and filmed a funeral for the poor dead glacier which we won’t report grew back bigger next season

But they will cover avalanches and it’s always because MELT BURN FEAR NARRATIVE

No no cold weather records just doesn’t exist anymore according to the MSM, if people can’t see the how the media are having to literally push narratives and use well established and know brainwashing methods on the dumb public along with crisis actors and the whole Shebang, it really is obvious and pathetic and just sad to see how people gobble it up then break out onto the streets crying and flying themselves to fking public spaces or transport

Yes the earth has clear cycles and patterns in its climate but they just want to pretend it doesn’t happen or that science and data is the devil, and there are plenty of acient cities underwater post end of the last ice age, or the fact the Sahara just 5,000 - 6,000 years ago was a lush tropical forest or the 800,000 years of ice core or sedimentary data which shows it’s all perfectly normal warming and climate

I give up

You said it far better than I could. Now if only more people would understand this, we would be better off.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Climate Change is truly literally mankind's Chicken Little story.

This alamist is talking about the sky falling.

CO2 pressure build up is not just for suffocating chickens.

You can also make a dry ice bomb.

And when the gates of heaven were blown open and the waters from above hit the earth, that killed everything.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: LSU2018

pollution in the atmosphere blocks a lot of harmful rays. And you wanna know something else that'll blow your mind? The atmosphere will clean itself up.

Can you please point out where you get your science for these remarks and how the atmosphere will clean itself??

The ozone blocks out UV rays, pollution heats up the atmosphere. It was a pollutant (cfc's) that was wiping out the ozone till they were banned.

Chlorofluorocarbons in the atmosphere are broken down by UV radiation,releasing chlorine atoms. These wayward atoms destroy ozone molecules, by pulling away an oxygen atom. Stratospheric ozone is destroyed by the chlorine contained in certain chemicals (other substances also "eat" ozone, but chlorine is the most important).

Seriously? It's common sense, man. But here's some reading since you can't research on your own.

How pullution puts a brake on global warming

Atmosphere Cleans Itself

buddy did you read your own link?
right there in bold, headline of the last section:

"Only reduced pollutant emissions permanently protect the climate"

the article literally goes on to finish by saying we must reduce emissions because it's the only way to prevent further climate change. So yeah i guess the science agrees
edit on 3-12-2019 by continuousThunder because: unbelievable

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Displayed at the museum. Not disputing your reference.
Unsuccessful betting operations on inaccurate weather predictions: non-sequitur unless inferring misleading data based on commercial venture performance (ad hominem re author?)

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

we have meteorologists tell us the weather every day and its 50% wrong and we still keep them in jobs.

Just because we didnt predict a climate catastrophe on the mark doesnt mean we arent #ing our planet .

Anyway is it really worth the risk to ignore it

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You know I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
Someday we might demonetize science to the point
politicians won't need to use taxpayer funded black-
mail to achieve their desired result... more tax grifting.
I smell another cash tornado brewing somewhere.
Step One : eliminate federal grants to colleges. Science
and wealth are the freakiest of bedfellows.

r/ And the beat (just a bit off) goes on.
Buy globalist fearmongering at your peril: I quit listening
to them after they cut our cars' horsepower by 50%; and made
them even more dirty after a short time than before the tampering.

Case in point: I had a '56 BelAir that eventually turned C/Gasser.
It was my first car, and the engine developed gobs of ponies. It
also pulled the same composite smog numbers as an '80 Honda.

It was a job to do on Saturdays, but it was almost fun watching
the look on the inspector's face with his CO/CO2 meter in my dump.
"???" "I tune it."
Moral: never let smart people tax you until they prove they are./r
edit on 4-12-2019 by derfreebie because: All meters are NOT calibrated equally.

edit on 4-12-2019 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well cave men ignored climate change and they multiplied.

I think climate change is normal due to REAL science that has been around far far longer than "climate science" and is based in Geology

No matter what we do or don't do we may end up for a few hundred years, with a climate like they had in the age of the dinosaurs when practically the entire earth was a rain forest.

No matter what we do we may end up with a long term flood over the entire earth, which isn't a biblical myth, there are these myths worldwide about this happening multiple of thousands of years ago - long before man could even create "harmful" carbon. Geology tells us the worldwide flood is real. All over the world marine animal fossils are found in the soil, even under deserts and mid-continents.

No matter what we do or don't do we may end up for a few hundred years, with a climate that the cave men lived and multiplied through.

There is zero man can do about it. But that is hard for people to face.

The climate change taxation ideas are simply a way of getting you to agree to give more of your money to the elite politicians to control you and take more of what you have away from you.

At least that is how I see it, based on REAL verified and tested over hundreds of years, the science that has showed the truth through geology.

edit on 12/4/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

So zero response to any of the arguments presented in the article. Got it.

There is no argument, the author relies upon an old estimate that's been corrected already.
You've got that as well?

What exactly does that prove? Does the new estimate of 2.5 meters change anything he said about us having successfully maintained a country with areas that are 7 meters below sea level for centuries?

Again, you should actually try to address what's written. You might as well come in and tell us that water is wet, that's about as valuable a contribution as what you said was.

Except that some, if not most of those successfully maintained areas, are deemed indefensible already. You don't prepare with removing residents if the consequences for not doing so wouldn't be so ...err... apocalyptic. Right? Look up the "Room for River" project from the Netherlands in case of doubt.

Here's something for you to play around with.

I don't see our corporate clusterfck replacing all those nuclear reactors at our shorelines on time, do you? Who's going to pay for that, crazy rich Asians and the paid scribe from your OP?

edit on 4-12-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well it’s always good to have a moderate take on things. But Climate Change certainly does exist and certainly brings issues to the table that need to be solved instead of ignored. Unless society is into hurting itself... which seems likely, to be fair. Not many have the mental fortitude to be long-term planners vs. being short-sighted.

I think a lot of climate-change denial might be driven by older folks who don’t care what happens in 10-20 years. They want their money now!
edit on 04pmWed, 04 Dec 2019 20:35:00 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Climate change is real. That said, it doesn't mean you need to allow our government to tax us on miles we drive. Understanding the truth and rejecting the nonsense is a key factor in you being a productive member of your society.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join