It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia has gone anti human

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It is at the moment while SB64 is a proposed law. It has not been ratified yet. If this law is too pass then only expect CIA approved organisations to continue with these functions.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

These laws are in line with everything else.

Burglary, going onto property with the intent to commit a crime.

This new addition sounds like establishing intent to a crime for organized groups.

So we have burglary for people acting on their own, and the other set for organized groups (some states could probably just tack on conspiracy charges in lieu).

Nothing has really changed, and Virginia still has more rights for it's citizens in regards to being able to access self defense than most of the world. Just don't use that right in a crime, and you'll be OK.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder;

We're talking about a law here. You can't just cut out half the clause and claim that's what it says. The whole thing works together as a unit. This specific clause requires "knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder."

This law defines "civil disorder" as:

any public disturbance within the United States or any territorial possessions thereof involving acts of violence by assemblages of three or more persons, which causes an immediate danger of or results in damage or injury to the property or person of any other individual.

Source

But this is all moot. The language you are quoting has been used in the law in 1987 (see my previous post that compares the current language of the law and the proposed language of the law) and we haven't seen a crackdown on Karate Johnny's.

So, once again I'll ask. What changes in the law (which I've highlighted for you) prohibits teaching martial arts when it's obviously been legal for the past 32 years that this law has been in effect?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No. Teaching someone how to defend their personal space is not burglary. The laws will go dumb ass stupid and kill off 90% of the population if you let it.

There is already too many laws about organised crime that are not getting enforced. The law is really simple if we want to be honest about things, corruption makes it complex.

Sure Virginia are tough nuggets. Langley???

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Except the specific line you, yourself, cite as being evidence that this outlaws teaching martial arts is from the existing law and not from the portion being added to the law.

Good try though. I’m getting that disinfo vibe now.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

And now I get it.

The drugs may be awful but you're better off with them than suffering through the Paranoid Schizophrenia.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What changes in the law (which I've highlighted for you) prohibits teaching martial arts when it's obviously been legal for the past 32 years that this law has been in effect?

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhh, Im Trying

This in not about the past 32 years. It is about the the legalisation in consideration. What change in law I want to see is nothing. Take your Christmas bonus, go home and spend time with your family. Try not to argue too hard, just enjoy the moment of love.

Harm, injury and death happens. When we cannot be honest about it is where I have issue.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
You really want a family that cannot defend themselves?

Look at you, hur-during along, thinking this is about home defense.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

But it is about the past 32 years. You keep citing language in the law that has been there for 32 years.

How is it not relevant when it has been there for the entirety of the law?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This is not easy for me to say,you're right!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

All I see is a gun pointed at my head. Martial arts is from the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest.

How I understand god it this it tries many paths to see what works in such a complex environment. One acceptance I have for the vaccination program is to weed out the weak. As a health minister I would not make it mandatory.

Keep shooting buddy, do you want to know what to do once out of bullets?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

While we may disagree on a lot of things I definitely respect you. You do your research and try to make informed posts. At the end of the day we're both just trying to find the truth. We just see the world through differently tinted glasses.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Look at you, hur-during along, thinking this is about home defense.

??? How does Virginia affect my home? Not directly. Seeing such laws pass will filter through eventually. I know if the USA loses the fight with China mainline Australia is stuffed.

I do not accept this legislative attempt to defend ones self. For those in America happy to give up this right, whatever. With the international blow back building enjoy your fema camp.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You said, 'You want a family that cannot defend itself'. What does this have to do with the law? Families can still defend themselves. Your reading comprehension on this subject is atrocious, either that our you're being purposefully obtuse.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You are a reason why so many people hate ATS, but also why ATS is as strong as it is. Deny ignorance. Jesus is truth. If we cannot be real the deception will devastate us all. Thank you for giving me a good thrashing.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ironically, if these were valid concerns with OP.... They'd be better off being in VA than Australia.

Takes a whole 30 minutes to get a firearm here, and you can wear it on the way out to go home. Not a very common right for most in the world.
edit on 2-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I do not say a family should not be able to defend itself. The vaccination debate is for another thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Unless you work in some tight security or out in the middle of nowhere you will not be getting guns here in Oz.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You want to teach your daughter how to defend herself against a creep? You want half a chance against a home invasion?

You want to teach your daughter to defend herself by making homemade guns and bombs?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Seriously. Take your meds.

If you haven't been to a doctor you should see one. You're spouting word salad. This whole thread you've been espousing illogical arguments. And you've been expressing fear towards authority figures that have no actual impact on your life.

This seems like a clear case of Paranoid Scizophrenia and I want you to get help.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join