It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia has gone anti human

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

With the the law that is presented all I need to do is teach someone how to punch straight and I get 5 years jail.

Only if you are teaching someone tactics while knowing they intend to use it to commit a crime.

If you just have a martial arts studio open to the public, you're gonna be OK. If you have an establishment that caters to specific extremist groups who use said tactics... You might get popped.

I think you may be overthinking things on this one. I'd be willing to wager we still have more rights to self defense here than Australia does. For instance, people can just walk around with a pistol on their hip here as long as it's showing, and you can get a concealed carry with a few days of classes and a couple hundred dollars.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Only if you are teaching someone tactics while knowing they intend to use it to commit a crime.

It's actually even looser than that. It's teaching someone skills that you know will be used by a group of three or more people to inflict damage to a person or property.

If you know your student is going out to commit a crime with the skills you taught them, but they're doing it Lone Wolf-style, then you're in the clear.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Please, show me what change between the 1987 version of the law and the proposed 2020 version

No. You show me the the 1987 version. Got a link to it? I think you are full of lies so prove me wrong. Sure there has been laws for doing dumb stuff for a long time. The proposal of SB64 is the fist time that you cannot even teach some someone how to defend themselves. I am not passing this crap.

You are fighting against it quite well. Are you willing to fight your education to fight against it?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I provided you the 1987 version (with a link) and the proposed 2020 version (with a link) in the same post. I made it as clear as possible which was which. I made sure I mentioned numerous times which version was the 1987 version. I literally could not make things clearer.

There is nothing else I can do to make you understand. At this point I can only hope that the people that bought in to your OP actually read the thread and have basic reading comprehension skills.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Our guns got taken away a wile ago. Port Author.... New Zealand had its side show not too long ago. Cops want to raid me its all good. Adelaide police are awesome, love you guys. Heaps better than the eastern states.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

By the way, once again, here is the 1987 version with a link.

A person shall be guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder.

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

I like how everyone defending this is completely overlooking the fact that "Civil Disobedience" and "protest" often go hand in hand.

Except we’re taking about civil disorder and not civil disobedience. Civil disorder involves damage to life and/or property.

This is why when one is discussing the law it’s important to use the actual terms and not attempt to shift the discussion by subtle substitution of one term for another that has a different legal definition.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well done In providing the 1987 link. We are in 2019 and too much history for me to really care. Yeah it is a dumb, idiotic perspective. But I am in Australia and more focused on the moment. SB 64 is in the table now in its current form. There maybe some similarities to 1987, but are you saying this is the exact same legislation? I have the disinfo vibe for now.

Are your really saying this 1987 legalisation is the exact same as SB64?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thanks for the reference to 1987. That is more about technology than technique. There is a big separation in definition.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They added a paragraph and changed “shall be” to “is.”

It really, really helps to read what you’re arguing about before you try to argue about it. Especially if your “argument” is going to be thinly veiled accusations of other members spreading disinformation when the reality is that they simply comprehend what they read and you don’t.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

And now I'm positive that you're a troll.

I mean what other explanation is there? I provided the 1987 version of the law and the proposed 2020 law in the same post. I then re-provided the 1987 version when you asked for it. Now you chastise me for giving me what you asked for and want a comparison of the two versions? The same thing I've already provided.

Don't get me wrong. I'll provide them because I'll take any opportunity to debunk the disinfo you're pushing in this thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I have the disinfo vibe for now.

If I were going to spread disinfo what I would do is make a thread about a topic but not bother to read up on that topic and then ignore factual evidence about said topic.

Know what I mean?

edit on 2-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The 1987 version is about guns and bombs. The 2019 version includes melee techniques. Our DNA has millions of years of hand to hand combat. You really want a family that cannot defend themselves? You sound like someone that wants to abuse this weakness.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would not expect anything less, good call.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

1987 Version

A person shall be guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder.

Source

2020 Version

A person shall be is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

Soure

Here is another comparison. I even went ahead and highlighted the differences between the 1987 version and the proposed 2020 version. Anything in red is a change. Italicized text is new. Struck through text has been removed.
edit on 12/2/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah, still processing it. Cheers for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You want to ignore the new updates, get bent.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I've discussed the amendments. They don't change the existing parts of the law. It only adds the fact that you can't intentionally intimidate others with weapons while convening in a group.

How does this support your claim that it outlaws the teaching of martial arts?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons
(SB64)

Martial arts has this potential. Are you going to teach a class with 5 years imprisonment over your head?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons
(SB64)

Martial arts has this potential. Are you going to teach a class with 5 years imprisonment over your head?

And yet martial arts is alive and well in Virginia.

One would be reasonable to presume those vying for state titles have been trained extensively.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join