It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Movie Fan? The Movie "1917" Looks Like A Winner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I just watched an awesome trailer for the movie "1917," which comes out on Christmas Day.

I love war movies, due to the fact that they're based on factual events and also because my dad flew bombing missions during WW2.

My favorite war movies are "Saving Private Ryan", "Flags of Our Fathers", "Hacksaw Ridge" and the miniseries "Band of Brothers."

"1917" features Academy Award winning director Sam Mendes and cinematographer Roger Deakins, who won an Oscar for his work in "Blade Runner 2049."

I have only seen two films on WWI that I really enjoyed. One was the classic, "All Quiet on the Western Front" and the other was Peter Jackson's documentary, "They Shall Not Grow Old", which was released last year. I think "1917" might turn out to be another classic, and may nudge its way onto my favorite list. We shall see.

Here's a review that came out yesterday:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I just watched an awesome trailer for the movie "1917," which comes out on Christmas Day.

I wonder if it will even touch on how the Treaty of Versailles that ended the war was responsible for the conditions that allowed Hitler to rise to power?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I wonder if it will even touch on how the Treaty of Versailles that ended the war was responsible for the conditions that allowed Hitler to rise to power?

Don't be silly.

That would destroy a lot of post historical narratives...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
"I wonder if it will even touch on how the Treaty of Versailles that ended the war was responsible for the conditions that allowed Hitler to rise to power?"

Don't be silly.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right about that... maybe one day...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I noticed you mentioned this in another thread too.

It does need to be pointed out as it reflects talking points that are highly relevant to today.

Good work.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Don't be silly.

Don't be silly, history never unfolds in a rational manner of causes and effects that we have seen before and that have negative outcomes on the human condition. That's like saying that history repeats.

Oh, wait...

In other news, don't look now but...

edit on 2/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well 1917 was when the US entered the war. But if you want a full history, this gun
is directly and indirectly responsible for every death in WW1 and WW2. That is the FN that was used to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Looks interesting and I'm not much of a war movie guy excepting Civil War movies. I have a soft spot for that weird war.

This does look good though so I will check it out when I can.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Well 1917 was when the US entered the war. But if you want a full history, this gun
is directly and indirectly responsible for every death in WW1 and WW2. That is the FN that was used to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand.

I have written a great deal concerning the First World War and how the dates look deliberate, i thought it would interest, several pages below:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join