It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS BOWL, What Do YOU Want From Politicians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well, I'm not American, but my government is less than perfect.

So...

In jurisprudence, remove monetary bail as it disadvantages the poor. Establish reasonable court appointed free time for defendants to prepare and defend their case. Treat re-offenders harshly, do not allow any third chances. Lawyers should get their cases based upon merit and a random case allocation system. Legal representation is a human right. The rich should not get better legal representation than the poor.

Decriminalize many drugs. They all have side effects and are a medical issue, not a policing issue. Allow the sale of those drugs through approved channels with assured quality, medical advice and at prices which undercut criminal sales. This removes the profitability of illegally sourced drugs. Introduce a classification system for drugs based upon the known harm they have caused relative to the numbers of users. In this way there is a very visible indicator of the true level of danger that the drugs pose, based upon established fact rather than anecdote.

Seek to evaluate industrial and domestic chemicals for their carcinogenicity and begin to legislate to force chemical manufacturers to cease producing carcinogens, especially where there are alternatives that are less carcinogenic.

Establish all health care as a human right but remain skeptical about quackery. Remove the profit motive from health care where possible. Rate and reward carers and organizations based upon the outcomes and quality of their care.

Combine the military and the police forces into new organizations that support law and human rights, arming and training them in a way that will always be superior to what the best criminal organizations could ever muster. Ensure that there are ways to prevent tyranny and coup-de-etat's in the police forces, who may otherwise potentially usurp the mandates of democracy.

Seek to incentivise the wealthy to reinvest their wealth and not sequester major portions of it. Remove all bank fees for small bank balances and instead recover bank fees from the very largest bank balances on a variable and pseudo-logarithmic scale. Similarly, do not penalize small savings but apply penalties to banking institutions who push to give greater credit.

Establish an untaxed subsistence universal basic income but continue to motivate people to work to earn more. Do not penalize people for acquiring capital until that capital becomes very large. The rating scale for such determination should be pseudo-logarithmic.

Tax profitability (capital gains) and not income or persons. In this way, mechanized production, which is usually highly profitable, is taxed fairly and those who are fiscally poorer are taxed less. Those who generate the most profit are taxed relative to that profit. The rating scale should be pseudo-logarithmic to incentivise the lower end.

Seek to move governance responsibility towards the local and away from the national.

Maintain the principles of democracy and separation of powers. Seek for a dynamically self balancing system.

- There's a few.
edit on 2/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Honesty , integrity and the will to fight for the many not the few.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
#1. Adhere to the Constitution of the United States unwaveringly.

#2. Fight for individual civil rights in line with #1.

#3. Move in a direction that transforms government at the Federal level toward what government should be; guarding the rights of individuals as described in the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

#3. Move in a direction that transforms government at the Federal level toward what government should be; guarding the rights of individuals as described in the Constitution.

great points
I agree in totality!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I've always been a fiscal conservatives.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I was agreeing with you until I read about you wanting to
phase out Social Security!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

All government position should be limited to four years, with only one renewable term.

Terms can be renewed on winning the vote, but you are illegible for a second term if you did not fulfill 3/4 of the promises made on election.

No lifetime benefits.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think it would be nice if to qualify for public office you had to work at least five years in a go-nowhere, crappy job having nothing to do with law. See how real people earn their money and pay their bills, including medical.

I sometimes get the impression that these people don't understand what life is really like for the average American, and it would be enlightening if they did.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I was agreeing with you until I read about you wanting to
phase out Social Security!

You go mama!

Tell them budget cutters to start with corporate welfare and the bloated war budget.

Then talk to you about SS when they get done with that. Yesmaam.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Gryphon66

great points
I agree in totality!!!

WHO ARE YOU?

And what did you do with shooterbrody?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1. Adhere to the Constitution of the United States unwaveringly.

That'd mean I'd be able to buy a NEW,FULLY,AUTOMATIC machine gun.

You sure you really want that?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I've always been a fiscal conservatives.

Cybil...is that you??

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes. Absolutely.

It's not for me or the government to tell you what gun you can own.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

When it comes to politics, what are your main points?...

Leave Me the Puck Alone , and just Do the Damn Job We Elected you to do and NOTHING Else .

What do you want to see from a politician?

Their Retirement Speeches after 4 Years .

What do you want to change/stay the same?

Getting Rid of Senators Every 4 Years .

The Constitution and the Bill Of Rights .

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Sorry, I was just dreaming of a world where politcians (and politics, in general) suddenly transmigrated body and soul to the heart of our star, forever. We could put Elon Musk to work on that, right?

1) Short of that, I'll take an AI-assisted legislature whose primary purpose is to repeal as many "laws" as possible and rewrite what's left in plain English. I'd like to see the peddlers of the thieves' cant put out of business entirely.

2) The absolute elimination of private prisons would also be nice, as well as the installation of a judges assistant with a singular database of precedence and jurisprudence to eliminate structural sentencing defects.

3) A new rule that using the phrase "...a war on *anything*" in public warrants seven days in a pillory.

4) Absolutely no business tax incentives for megarich corporations, and a way to make internet searching great again wouldn't hurt either.

5) The only Federal crime should be calling my phone to solicit campaign contributions.

6) A coke, because I wouldn't need much else if the above were true.
edit on 2-12-2019 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

No worries, I was glad to indulge. I have very strong opinions on social security and have spent a lot of time researching it. I haven't fully fleshed out a removal or replacement plan, but I think you could do it and make it almost painless.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

No worries, I was glad to indulge. I have very strong opinions on social security and have spent a lot of time researching it. I haven't fully fleshed out a removal or replacement plan, but I think you could do it and make it almost painless.

You think we can replace Social Security/Medicare/aid with something and make it “painless” so you’ve got a general idea of what that would be, right?

Just a couple of sentences maybe? I’d like to hear a plan that can reasonably take the place of these programs that are fiscally sound.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You think we can replace Social Security/Medicare/aid with something and make it “painless” so you’ve got a general idea of what that would be, right?

I've said nothing of medicare or medicaid at all. I have posted the general idea of what you replace social security with a couple times in this thread. You can go back and read it if you like and ask questions.

I’d like to hear a plan that can reasonably take the place of these programs that are fiscally sound.

None of those programs are fiscally sound. Social security has had 20 tax increases since it's inception because it is not fiscally sound. As of FY2020 outlays exceed receipts. SS is on borrowed time now. It will be completely bankrupt in ~15 years.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Fair enough.

Thanks for the answer.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
1) term limits
2) term limits
3) etc
4)etc
Tired of watching a system designed to work, Not work because of the lack of wait for it.....

Term limits :

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join