It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is hate speech now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

This post is way too long to read when I am having to
get ready and cook dinner!

Hey,my 9000th post!
edit on 2-12-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser
Felony charge over a Facebook post? Did you threaten to kill her? Do you live in the UK? Please elaborate on this

No I didn't threaten her or anything. I scolded her behavior harshly and then offered an olive branch to make peace, in response to her trolling me for no reason when I was 1000miles away with a new life.

Rather than apologizing and making amends like a normal person she filed a felony instead and fabricated this fugitive bs to get past state jurisdiction.

Anyways, months later, the grand jury dropped the Felony because there was nothing to warrant it in my posts. I think they scolded her too because she's saying everyone's oppressing her and she wants new laws to make posting a harsh critique of someone a crime. She works with "awake", an ultra liberal femnazi club, and they lobby for these stupid anti constitutional laws every year to restrict everyone else.

It's so dumb. Thank God I was delivered out of the mouth of hell but it took months.

Oh yeah, I was in Colorado and she was in Tennessee. That's why she had to fabricate a fugitive scenario to trick the system into violating state jurisdiction to actually come get me.

Anyways, yep I'm suing lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey! I'll have you know that Facebook is censoring TONS of liberal speech right now. Many of my friends are consistently in "Facebook Jail." I got a hate speech violation for calling Christians "weird sometimes."

Some people I know got hate speech violations and suspended accounts for criticizing white supremacists, Nazis, and even Hitler. Seriously.

So I am all about ending this censorship madness.

Also, so you know, Zuckerberg has switched allegiances to come to Trump's side recently. No joke. He had a meeting with him and tons of conservatives, and that's when he decided to allow political ads that lie (to promote free speech, supposedly) while simultaneously cracking down on liberal speech in addition to conservative speech. The motives are probably because conservatives are less likely to break up his company or regulate it.

A few issues I see:

Hate speech: Do we censor it or not? How much censorship is too much, and what is hate speech, anyway?

I like Twitter, you can say whatever you want to there, at least compared to Facebook. Facebook is starting to lack any depth. Ironic, since I would expect Twitter to lack depth, given its character limit. I like how Reddit allows each community to set its own standards through its moderators, not only is this more democratic, it is also adaptable to different communities.

Lying in news and political advertisements: Is it reasonable to regulate this sort of thing for factuality? What kind of neutral arbiter could there be?

In my opinion, the scientific method, logic, and reason are some of the best foundations for truth. It has been what our society has relied on for a while now, longer than the United States has been around, even. There is a difference between an opinion and fact. Let's at least make we can agree on facts and form logical arguments. Believe it or not, empirical studies honestly do explain quite a lot of things about the world and society, as well as repeatable experiments.

So... what should we do if a news agency denies the science or outright lies about a fact? What do we do about biased news? Is the best method to have two separate news spheres that polarize everyone?

I might actually recommend promoting a website or app that takes news from different sources, does independent fact-checking, and creates a common ground for everyone to get together and discuss their opinions to prevent tribal schisms.

That sounds similar to ATS, but I would have the staff pick the news in this case, using some sort of process to comprehensively bring in all perspectives into a unified whole. And to work, the website/app would have to have almost universal appeal.
edit on 02pmMon, 02 Dec 2019 18:26:17 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

That’s screwed up even worse then.

You don’t combat censorship by censoring MORE!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
you guys are.... you're aware that Facebook =/= The Left, right?
we're all aware that Facebook is a massive, capitalist, for-profit corporation? not a political entity?
and they'll do whatever they feel is justified to keep their profits rolling in?
we all know that Zuckerberg has been having private palsy walsy dinners with Trump, right?

!!Facebook has no affiliation to anything but profit!!
Nothing but keeping those clicks rolling in matters!
The bannings are either arbitrary, or if you wanna get real conspiratorial, possibly chosen specifically to cause more outrage to keep those boomers hooked into their source of angry dopamines.
I've seen bannings all over the political spectrum - antifascists, right-wing loonies, bitter hate speech, even photos of dogs, and the only thing they have in common is keeping the wheel turning.

Looks like you're all just falling right into line, hey?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I'd call Bullcrap on your post about leftists and Antifa commies getting banned.

I mean, show some examples.

I'll be proven wrong.

*shrugs*

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

no skin off my nose whether you take a step outside the left/right paradigm and take in what's really going on or whether you'd prefer to be a good little consumer and keep following blindly where they point you.

i've put it out there and it's up to you whether you think for yourself or not.

i totally get it tho, it's nice and warm and safe in the little angry bubble isn't it?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So you can’t show examples.

Okay.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Me: guys it's self evident that all a giant corporation cares about is money and they'll use any means at their disposal to get more of it

This Guy: NO! BULL POO! PROVE IT! Corporatised media wouldn't lie to me about other corporatised media! Keep the wheel turning!!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
wild how Zuckerberg recently admitted in testimony that politicians will be able to put ads on facebook running bare faced, acknowledged lies, and that's fine and good and cool and not worth a thread on modern ats, but you better not delete this one extremely lame meme post that i liked!! seven pages of angry!!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Can't show proof so you double down on insults that, in all honesty, could use some work.

Defend the censoring leftists all you want.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

where's the insults? i didn't insult anyone.

unless you mean calling that meme lame? in which case.... is that genuinely the hill you wanna die on? i thought the point was that it was a bit lame but y'all loved it anyway

eta; do i really need to show proof that all corporations care about is money? honestly?
edit on 2-12-2019 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm not going to spend huge time looking for you, but on youtube, I have noticed some de-monetising. Jimmy Dore, and David Packman off the top of my head.

Packman is quite left, Jimmy Dore would be left.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You need to show proof that Antifa and leftists are getting censored

It was a few posts back so I figured you may have forgotten

edit on 2-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I’m not picking topics for you to discuss. When I start a thread you are free to participate or not. Besides when I make an aside to some quirky bit of trivia, the people that know that trivia see the humor and are entertained. Those that don’t, doesn’t concern me.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Why?

We’re they endorsing child rape or is it because they made a meme?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

All hail the great Trump overloads... lol.

So to you Gaga is hotter then Melania?

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

How exactly is it creepy?

My god.

He doesn't like Trump. Therefore, the picture is creepy. See how easy it is?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why?

We’re they endorsing child rape or is it because they made a meme?

I doubt that on both counts, at the time it was explained, can't remember, other than It did not seem valid..opinion advertisers did not like I imagine.

Maybe I do a cursory dig.

Ok, so, ya..money/advertiser deal

A brief explanation, including the guidelines they use to screw people.

In this video, Jimmy Dore, an American comedian, who’s been a regular guest on The Young Turks, discusses the guidelines YouTube decided to impose on its users, who generate an income from the advertising that accompanies their videos. Jimmy Dore’s show is one of them, so is Secular Talk with Kyle Kulinski, along with many, many others. Dore here discusses how there was a firewall between advertisers and himself. YouTube looked after the advertising, leaving him and his show’s producers and creators to concentrate on making the show itself.

This has changed. Now YouTube has issued a set of guidelines stating that they will not allow advertising on certain videos. This includes, but ‘is not limited to’

* Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humour.
* Violence, including displays of serious injury and events related to violent extremism.
* Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language.
* Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items.
* Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflict, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic images are not shown.

If your video violates any of these, they will take the adverts away from it, so that you won’t make money. If you persist in violating their guidelines, they’ll pull your channel.

beastrabban.wordpress.com...

I'm sure this is the critical one that is getting both sides.

* Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflict, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic images are not shown.

Of course all this is up to "someones" discretion
edit on 2-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Makes me wonder why they keep ISIS videos up.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join