It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is hate speech now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

So you think a meme as shown in the OP is hate speech.

Care to defend your Stalinistic approach to free speech?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why is it that only leftists support censorship?

I am yet to see a moderate call for banning of free speech.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump haters have already gone down in history.

Liberty and democracy are eternal enemies, and every one knows it who has ever given any sober reflection to the matter. A democratic state may profess to venerate the name, and even pass laws making it officially sacred, but it simply cannot tolerate the thing. In order to keep any coherence in the governmental process, to prevent the wildest anarchy in thought and act, the government must put limits upon the free play of opinion. In part, it can reach that end by mere propaganda, by the bald force of its authority — that is, by making certain doctrines officially infamous. But in part it must resort to force, i.e., to law. One of the main purposes of laws in a democratic society is to put burdens upon intelligence and reduce it to impotence. Ostensibly, their aim is to penalize anti-social acts; actually their aim is to penalize heretical opinions. At least ninety-five Americans out of every 100 believe that this process is honest and even laudable; it is practically impossible to convince them that there is anything evil in it. In other words, they cannot grasp the concept of liberty. Always they condition it with the doctrine that the state, i.e., the majority, has a sort of right of eminent domain in acts, and even in ideas — that it is perfectly free, whenever it is so disposed, to forbid a man to say what he honestly believes. Whenever his notions show signs of becoming "dangerous," ie, of being heard and attended to, it exercises that prerogative. And the overwhelming majority of citizens believe in supporting it in the outrage. Including especially the Liberals, who pretend — and often quite honestly believe — that they are hot for liberty. They never really are. Deep down in their hearts they know, as good democrats, that liberty would be fatal to democracy — that a government based upon shifting and irrational opinion must keep it within bounds or run a constant risk of disaster. They themselves, as a practical matter, advocate only certain narrow kinds of liberty — liberty, that is, for the persons they happen to favor. The rights of other persons do not seem to interest them.If a law were passed tomorrow taking away the property of a large group of presumably well-to-do persons — say, bondholders of the railroads — without compensation and without even colorable reason, they would not oppose it; they would be in favor of it. The liberty to have and hold property is not one they recognize. They believe only in the liberty to envy, hate and loot the man who has it.

en.wikiquote.org...
edit on 2-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The amount of denial by leftists in this thread is staggering. They know how absurd this is, but the ends justify the means to them. Until it's their speech getting limited, and then cry me a #ing river.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And when I say free speech, that includes "hate speech" whatever dafuq that actually means anymore.

The lines aren't being blurred, they're being diluted and these leftist tools are too blinded by their own ridiculous hate to even realise it.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: DBCowboy

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

All hail the great Trump overloads... lol.

So to you Gaga is hotter then Melania?

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

Its not even a meme, its just a saying/slogan on her image. Do you find Joe Biden creepy when hes sniffing little kids hair or rubbing them up and down from behind?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Please point to where I say it's hate speech!? You must be the one seeing it has hate speech as I said no such thing and I have no memory of signing up to the communist party all the years voting conservative?!?!

This is what I said....

Images on Facebook get banned all the time

You just choose to post your own propaganda.

edit on 2-12-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Because only fascists support fascism

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Please point to where I say it's hate speech!? You must be the one seeing it has hate speech as I said no such thing and I have no memory of signing up to the communist party all the years voting conservative?!?!?!

Oh. Apologies.

Didn't realize that you were agreeing with me about the idiot-leftists who did call that picture hate speech.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

Its not even a meme, its just a saying/slogan on her image. Do you find Joe Biden creepy when hes sniffing little kids hair or rubbing them up and down from behind?

That's normal behavior for the elite democrats. Why do you think the #MeToo movement died as fast as it started? All they were catching were their own people.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hate how we're forced to use social media. A law needs to be passed that makes Facebook, Google ATS etc. add options to shut down and delete our accounts and to stop them holding our children hostage so we must use their products.

Oh wait they already have "Delete my account" options and they don't hold your kids hostage...... Something that is obvious to an adult that is not mentally challenged.

You want freedom of speech? Go public, not private.

Don't cry when you agree to a private businesses terms and rules and then are expected to abide by them. If I breached ATS' rules and got banned would you be revolting against it? Would a lynch mob go after Springer because regardless of hit being his site, making us obey the rules is stomping on our rights to freedom of speech?
I doubt it because that # happens on this site all the time on here and if anything people applaud and supprt the staff for doing so.

It's so easy to turn it around. Everything is.

Don't like youtube? Don't use it. Don't like Facebook? Don't make an account on it or close the account you do have.

Want a completely open platform where anyone can do as they please? Where everything is done the way you want it to be?
Spend $200 on a wordpress template pack and $5 a month on web hosting and perhaps unlike ATS, a bit more for an SSL certificate (although a decent webhost will provide that as part of the plan these days) and make your own Facebook, or ATS like conspiracy forum.
For a million $$$ or so more to get the infrastructure started for your own Youtube or Twitch.

I worked in web design and hosting for years. Hit me up, I'll make you your perfect website for cheap. Your own little kingdom on the net where your word is law.

Never been easier to make your own echo chamber circle jerk in history than it is now. Heck you get educated enough you can do it for free.

Or you can just bitch on the platforms you hate, acting like you have no control over your lives.

Politicans suck boohoo. But yeah, elect them again next election.

Facebook doesn't like my memes. Boohoo. But yeah, go back and post on it tomorrow.

Youtubes deleting videos, not because disk space is finite and costs lots of money and idiots make 10 hour wasteful loops of Alex Jones saying frogs are gay every 2 seconds every day, but because censorship!!!. But be sure to upload your next home video on it.

Seriously do you adults actually do anything to change your world, or do you just get on ATS every day whining and nothing else waiting for someone else to magically know what you want and clean the mess up for you?

See the same crap all over the internet. I'm in a meme group on facebook and they keep crying they get banned for breaking the same rules over and over.

I've shown them how to loophole the system, paste the same content they are but with small changes to stay within facebooks guidelines and I don't get banned.
Yet still they ignore the solutions and make no effort, just doing the same over and over and wondering why the results never change.

I swear you people don't want a better world. Ya'll love the drama and the bitching and being misery guts. You love posting the same # over and over every days chasing those yummy S&F pixels as if they actually matter to your lives. You love the # you're rolling in. Even if you won't admit it.

If I gave you a utopia tomorrow you all wouldn't know what to do with yourselves. You'd burn it to the ground just so you could complain how hot it is.

I'd suggest you all get off the net and get some sunshine. But much harder to feed your attention and complaining addictions in the real world.

When someone is in slapping distance it's harder to exhibit balls you don't have than it is behind a monitor.
But sure, keep blaming everyone else instead of taking responsibility for yourselves.

You want to see your real enemy? Go look in the mirror. It aint Zuckerberg, It aint google. It aint a Trump a Clinton or a Epstein.

It's yourselves and your impotent rage and unwillingness to save yourself.

VIVA THE SLACKTIVISM! Because why make heads roll when you can just bitch about it in 120 characters and cry tl;dr when it's a paragraph and more.

It's always someone elses fault. It's always up to someone else to clean it up for you isn't it?
Pots and Kettles. The worlds full of them and we're getting more and more of them each day.

God imagine how different things would of been if all Abe Lincoln and similar just posted on twitter "Free the slaves"
Pretty sure certain people would still be picking cotton to this very day.

But yeah, personal responsibility, common sense, logic, and making an effort. Maybe give them a try instead of doing nothing but bitching on the platforms you're bitching about.

A post on ATS aint gonna make a government go "Oh my, that strongly worded post is going to make us change our ways!"
1 million people rocking up on the white house doing the 2nd amendment thing you people always go on about might get attention though.
But who wants to do that hey? Takes balls to take a risk, make some self sacrifices like your forefathers who gave you your country did.

Seriously if the Nazi's made a comeback today and tried to take over the world again, they'd succeed. Because instead of fighting you'd all log on here and just whine "Waaaaah, Nazi's want to send me off to a gas chamber! It's not fair. How dare they, they have no right to gas me. 1 million likes on this post and I'll be saved!"

Hilarious, because most of you won't even believe what I am saying even though it's right in front of you.
Ingnorance is bliss for many. Sticking ones head in the sand is much easier than following through.

Oh well, see you on the next post where ya's bitch about facebook while obviously still using it, and embedding links from Youtube while you whine about how they're fascists.

Now excuse me I am thirsty and decided to chug a few litres of unleaded petrol. Because companies should ensure all liquids are safe for my consumption.
If it kills me then clearly it will be the Fuel companies fault. If I use ATS members and most internet dwellers logic.

And because I know words hurt some peoples brains here's the almost mandatory these days TL;DR:
Stop bitching and get off your asses.

edit on 2-12-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos and # and added stuff to mock your sense of entitlement further.

edit on 2-12-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos if any more in there I don't care.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Because only fascists support fascism

Truth. It's hilarious how some of these people can call themselves liberals. Liberals support freedom. These people are authoritarian goons.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I read your post, I want my minute back.

Do you think the picture in the OP is hate speech?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Do I think it is hate speech? No.

Do I think none of you will do anything but bitch and whine and nothing else about it? Yes.

Screw your minute. I've wasted hours scrolling past your S&F whoring addiction posts.
You gonna give those back?

On the upside, I've given you something else to impotently post about and chase more of them pixels that matter to you and those other ATS'ers who think a few stars and thousands of posts make them special.

You got one more post you can harvest them stars on now. Another tick up on the post count. One day you can maybe exchange them for a free pass to have superman come save you.

Day you get off your ass and do something other than impotently spam post and the same # and lame attempts at being witty every day on ATS DB, I'll admit I'll be impressed.

I'll also think hell has frozen over and the apocalypse is upon us I'll be that damned suprised.

Seriously do you have a life outside of posting every day on here? I find it hard to believe that you and many of the regulars do.

But sure, crack a funny in reply to this and bump your count and SFA else. I don't mind.

Sorry I didn't keep it under 120 characters for you. Apologies if it means as usual you'll have to read between the lines and cherry pick what suits to prevent having an aneurysm.

But yeah just say something, anything. The fan club will no doubt applaud it as genius and give you all them stars you crave pal as always.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So this means you won't be friending me on Facebook now?

For some, I now see the utter panic because their weak and lame attempts at justifying censorship are now out in the open.

You "say" that you don't consider it hate speech, but attack anyone who calls them out for using "hate speech" to censor.

I find that cowardly. But you should embrace it. It might make you feel important, and really, that's the only thing that matters.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

That's normal behavior for the elite democrats. Why do you think the #MeToo movement died as fast as it started? All they were catching were their own people.

Have you seen his new video? Nibbling at his wife's fingers but looks fake, instead comes off like hes trying to open a bag a chip without his teeth. or the 2017 one that he stated he let little kids play with his wet leg hair? After jumping on his lap.The most disgusting part is that this happened two years ago and we're just now hearing of it!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That's fine then because I see leftists mouthing that piety every day too. Just remind them of that when the Christian would prefer not to bake the specfically gay wedding cake, right? Christian baker's business, his terms of service ...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I disagree like hell with leftists on most issues, but I would never want to censor them like they want (and actually try) to censor us. The Founding Fathers made freedom of speech the very first amendment; it’s part of the bedrock of our society, one of the reasons we’ve been so successful. I see this fundamental right eroding both here and in Europe. Intolerant governments, the news media and social media are to blame. I do draw the line at calling for the death of a president, whether it’s Trump or Obama. Death threats should always elicit a visit from the Secret Service, even when Madonna makes the threat.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Do I think it is hate speech? No.

Do I think none of you will do anything but bitch and whine and nothing else about it? Yes.

Screw your minute. I've wasted hours scrolling past your S&F whoring addiction posts.
You gonna give those back?

On the upside, I've given you something else to impotently post about and chase more of them pixels that matter to you and those other ATS'ers who think a few stars and thousands of posts make them special.

You got one more post you can harvest them stars on now. Another tick up on the post count. One day you can maybe exchange them for a free pass to have superman come save you.

Day you get off your ass and do something other than impotently spam post and the same # and lame attempts at being witty every day on ATS DB, I'll admit I'll be impressed.

I'll also think hell has frozen over and the apocalypse is upon us I'll be that damned suprised.

Seriously do you have a life outside of posting every day on here? I find it hard to believe that you and many of the regulars do.

But sure, crack a funny in reply to this and bump your count and SFA else. I don't mind.

Sorry I didn't keep it under 120 characters for you. Apologies if it means as usual you'll have to read between the lines and cherry pick what suits to prevent having an aneurysm.

But yeah just say something, anything. The fan club will no doubt applaud it as genius and give you all them stars you crave pal as always.

Uh, you’re no better than anyone else here, Mr. Superior. I think most of us know our comments won’t change anyone’s mind or make a bit of difference. At least I don’t expect mine to. It makes an interesting way to pass the time and clarify one’s position on various issues. Makes you think. Sometimes I even realize I hadn’t thought things all the way through, or that — this is painful to admit — some leftist had a good point.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join